so whos pulling the draft day all-nighter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
lace-em'-up said:
i wonder if dallas could pull out that fourth????

the article mentions Carolina...I'm thinking Columbus wants to stay in the top ten but move back to 7-9 and gain another 2nd rounder or a prospect, I don't think they want to move back to #20...Anaheim would have interest in the 4th to take Ladd.

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
the article mentions Carolina...I'm thinking Columbus wants to stay in the top ten but move back to 7-9 and gain another 2nd rounder or a prospect, I don't think they want to move back to #20...Anaheim would have interest in the 4th to take Ladd.

its a long shot be the draft is all about long shots :)
(theres no way dallas can get that pick)

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
On andrewsstarspage.com theres a draft review of dallas drafts back untill they came the stars, it as a little information on what players are doing now and who dallas got out of the draft its a fun little read if you don't hate the stars.
is there anything like that for other teams? i would love to see other teams draft recordes

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
im back.......lots of talk of Columbus wanting to trade the 4th pick to move back a bit...spectors mentioned the kings could be trading the 11th and something for the 4th...

Last edited:

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I think we'll see a few shakeups today with pick positioning. The goalies are highly ranked, and a lot of the teams in position to get one really don't need a goalie at all, which leads me to think that there will be some dealing.

There was a pretty big rumor between the Pens/Caps last night, but I don't see anything going down between either. Ovechkin will be a Capital and Malkin will be a Penguin at the end of the day, I think.

I virtually pulled an all nighter. I was up till about 4 or 5 Eastern time, and needless to say, I would not be up at 8:24 AM Eastern time on another Saturday.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
McDonald19 said:

We better keep the second rounder. We need to take a forward and a d-man with these two pick.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Fighter said:
We better keep the second rounder. We need to take a forward and a d-man with these two pick.

I'd like to keep the 2nd rounder but it would seem to be the minimum price to swap 9th for 4th in my opinion.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Fighter said:
To get Ladd is way too much. At 4th we can have better IMO (Olesz, Tukonen or Barker if available for example)

Ladd is apparently the player Coates is targeting...we'll see...Chicago is set on taking Barker now apparently...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
anyone still awake? lace em up? good effort anyways. nice post earlier on the canes maybe moving up, though i have no idea who they would want at 4.....and no way to know that that person wouldnt have been available at 8 anyway. weird draft this year. i disagree with those who say there wont be any trades - id be shocked if there wasnt a couple more (ducks made on already).

Sideshow

May 24, 2002
Fernie, BC
Lehtonen32 said:
I live in New Zealand, its 10.30pm here and the draft doesn't start till 4am. I've also got a hockey game tomorrow at 12ish (ie. in 14 hours), so I'm going to have to negotiate adequate sleeping hours around the draft as to not be fatigued for the game.. Atlanta @ pick 10 better make it worth it.

One would really ask 'why?' considering its not even on TV here.. Does anyone know anywhere which has the draft over internet radio?

Lehtonen, what city are you from? Our team played in an international tournament in Christchurch a few years back.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
bleedgreen said:
anyone still awake? lace em up? good effort anyways. nice post earlier on the canes maybe moving up, though i have no idea who they would want at 4.....and no way to know that that person wouldnt have been available at 8 anyway. weird draft this year. i disagree with those who say there wont be any trades - id be shocked if there wasnt a couple more (ducks made on already).

still awake here :banana:

PredsFan77*

I didn't make it, I was going to pull an all nighter and catch a flight from Orlando this morning at 5:30. From there I was going to drive from Charlotte to Raleigh which is about 3 hours, but I was done after that plane flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->