so whos pulling the draft day all-nighter??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Checker*

not an all nighter but I just woke up from the only 2 hours of sleep I'm getting from friday at noon until tonight at midnight.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
I live in New Zealand, its 10.30pm here and the draft doesn't start till 4am. I've also got a hockey game tomorrow at 12ish (ie. in 14 hours), so I'm going to have to negotiate adequate sleeping hours around the draft as to not be fatigued for the game.. Atlanta @ pick 10 better make it worth it.

One would really ask 'why?' considering its not even on TV here.. Does anyone know anywhere which has the draft over internet radio?

sandman441

Jan 25, 2003
ALASKA
it might be on espn radio. some website had a tracker but I don't remember which site (espn.com, tsn.ca, or sportsnet.ca)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
3:45 am in Cali :)

from todays LA TIMES Ducks GM Al Coates quoted with the typical "we will take the best player available"...

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
im back my computer didn't like me so i went to go watch conen o'brian
its 5:06 now and the birds are just starting to wake up as the dun is just peeking though the trees

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
lace-em'-up said:
im back my computer didn't like me so i went to go watch conen o'brian
its 5:06 now and the birds are just starting to wake up as the dun is just peeking though the trees

did u see Conan playing baseball with those people who were playing a historical 1860s game? soooooo funny :lol

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
More Ducks quotes...from OC REGISTER:

"Picking at the No. 9 spot, we certainly expect to get a quality hockey player," Ducks director of hockey operations Chuck Fletcher said. "Even in the second and third rounds, we expect to get players who will (eventually) play in the NHL."

also interesting the article says how Fletcher sees there being a group of top 10 players for the draft, so he must be glad to have the 9th pick so he can get one of them. I wish I knew what players are in his top ten. He says "Once you get past maybe the top 10 names, probably from 10 to 25 or 30, there's not a lot of difference."

heres link:
http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/2004/06/26/sections/sports/

Last edited:

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
was this mentioned anywhere else?

RALEIGH, N.C. - While Blackhawks scouts went to bed Friday night knowing they were going to get Medicine Hat defenseman Cam Barker with the third pick in today's NHL entry draft, not even assistant general manager Dale Tallon was sure what was going to happen with the team's four second-round choices.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intID=3816476

I didn't know they were officially taking Barker? :dunno:

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
i thought it was past the top 2-3 then no difference,
i wondering if he's saying that because the ducks sit at the lower end of the top 10

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
i think you'll see alot of "were certian that we will pick this player" and then a trade come about because another team sees the chance to jump ahead of another team, or try and pry the player lose from the team that "really" wants him. i think its all just draft day games the GMs play on each other

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
hey mo = dud i watched some europen news channel that i get here and they were talking about that orange team that you have in your avatar, but i didn't hear them call them the dutch team. but i heard greece is the fairytale story of euro2004.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
last minute ATLANTA comments:

"It's kind of a joke, but we truly went through it and we come up with nine guys that we really like," general manager Don Waddell said. "I truly believe we will get one of those nine guys because I don't think our list will be the same as everybody's list in the league."

"We'd like to have a top-four defenseman and a center in the more immediate future or some place down the road," he said. "Right now, our emphasis is in those areas and with all things being equal, we would tend to be more defensive- minded."

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/mld/enquirer/sports/9016706.htm

I think he will get one of the 9 players he wants because he probably doesn't want a goalie and a goalie will likely be picked before #10.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
lace-em'-up said:
draft in 4 1/2 hours or so

hmm what else can i say...I watched the movie Bad Santa tonight and it had the most use of the F word I can ever remember hearing in a movie...funny movie though...

hmm...4 1/2 hours... :banghead:

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
McDonald19 said:
hmm what else can i say...I watched the movie Bad Santa tonight and it had the most use of the F word I can ever remember hearing in a movie...funny movie though...

hmm...4 1/2 hours... :banghead:
I watched Donie Darko
crazy but good movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->