So... who are we collectively rooting for Wednesday night?

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
ECF Game 7.

Who is our collective energy going toward?

I've got a couple friends in Tampa who are too scared to make a call, and in an honest moment feel they've been outplayed by the Caps. If the Caps played the way they did on Monday, they would be incredibly hard to beat.

Caps winning gives us home ice. Both teams have had great games and terrible ones; they've both lost multiple games in a row at home.

The variability of the Caps scares me a bit more. I feel like they hit harder... and a bit dirtier... than the Lightning. The Lightning seem like "Jets-lite." Could a guy like Wilson cause an injury and take out a key player?

I'm an ex-New Yorker, so the Lightning is like watching a bit of home. Would also be great to see Ovi get his shot.

Vegas-Caps is probably a better match-up for the NHL and NBC.

Lightning winning and games 3-4 at T-Mobile is a bit better for me getting to the games.

========
Net: I think I'm pulling for the Lightning to win.

Where do you folks net out? I could be swayed.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Capitals only because I want more games at home and I think it is a better matchup for us.

What makes you think that?

I'm a little torn. I think the Caps can be more physical and possibly wear down their opponents, though we've seen the speed of the Knights cause these team to tire out as a series goes on.

Lightning are more skilled ... and frankly I don't think they've been playing anywhere near the way they did the first few months of the season of late.

mundyc3

May 17, 2017
Las Vegas, NV
What makes you think that?

I'm a little torn. I think the Caps can be more physical and possibly wear down their opponents, though we've seen the speed of the Knights cause these team to tire out as a series goes on.

Lightning are more skilled ... and frankly I don't think they've been playing anywhere near the way they did the first few months of the season of late.
The physicality is what hurts the Caps, they hit just to hit regardless if it has any impact on the game. After a while that will tire them down. A good look into this would be the series with the Kings. Capitals will have played 19 of a possible 21 games, they are pretty worn as it is. If Vegas remains disciplined and does not let the Caps physicality get into their head, they stand a good chance at winning the series

Reactions: Bart9349

Vegas Mac

Golden Shellback
Jun 26, 2015
Not going to root for either team, as it allows me to enjoy some great hockey without caring how things end up. But that said I do think the Caps will advance, overall they are the slightly better team to my eye.

And in matchup with the Knights while I like our chances against either team the Caps are a bit fragile mentally. Of course both teams are deserving of being in the ECF and you never know in NHL playoffs. But I don't think they will handle the Knights' aggressive forecheck all that well.

I see the Lightning as more dangerous from a scrap and tenacity perspective. They're not as good a team IMO as the Caps, but due to that they're in game 7 and on the cusp of being in the cup final. Either way, it's going to be nice to know who we're playing and to get on with this thing. I'm jonesin for some damn finals hockey holy F.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
Either.

But I would like to see a new record length game, IOW like 6 OTs. :D

Too many more OTs or close games and I will drop dead from the stress.

GheartattackB.gif

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I'm on board for the Caps. While I will be 100% behind our guys, I will be happy for the Caps if they win the whole thing. I don't care for the TBL.

Reactions: derriko

ChanceVegas

Barney on a bender
Jan 3, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I feel like the Caps are a better version of the Sharks and the Bolts are a better version of the Jets. I feel like we matchup better against Tampa, but I would really like home ice. I'm conflicted.

It seems like the movie script is already written though and we will be beating the Capitals in game 7 on our home ice. I mean I was convinced with Reaves getting the series clincher in his hometown as his first goal as a Knight. This has to end with GMGM getting revenge over the Caps. It's just what happens. Otherwise the movie sucks.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
I feel like the Caps are a better version of the Sharks and the Bolts are a better version of the Jets. I feel like we matchup better against Tampa, but I would really like home ice. I'm conflicted.

It seems like the movie script is already written though and we will be beating the Capitals in game 7 on our home ice. I mean I was convinced with Reaves getting the series clincher in his hometown as his first goal as a Knight. This has to end with GMGM getting revenge over the Caps. It's just what happens. Otherwise the movie sucks.

GWG by Schmidt. Fleury stones the Caps for yet another series.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I think it's sort of a fool's errand to pick one or the other as better for us. Either team will most likely be a tough series and either one could win. Just try to maybe enjoy the last stress free hockey game of the season for us.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I prefer the Caps

1) they haven’t won before I’d rather lose to a first timer,
2)Ovi if beating or losing once again to MAF would be a great story
3) I used to be a flames fan and still haven’t forgiven Tampa for stealing our cup in 04

Reactions: Vegas Mac

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I'm rooting for a long, hard hitting, double OT game. I like our chances against either team.

I wish SCF Game 1 was Friday. I think a hard-hitting, 2OT game would matter more. With a full 5 days off before they take the ice again, regulation vs 6OT won't matter too much.

Of course, the more hits you take, the more injury risk there is. Either way, I think both will be fired up.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
I think it's sort of a fool's errand to pick one or the other as better for us. Either team will most likely be a tough series and either one could win. Just try to maybe enjoy the last stress free hockey game of the season for us.
True... but you could pick one simply because, say, you are busy on Memorial Day but can go to a game next weekend. Or you like the color of their shirts. :)

Anything can happen--this much we know.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
The physicality is what hurts the Caps, they hit just to hit regardless if it has any impact on the game. After a while that will tire them down. A good look into this would be the series with the Kings. Capitals will have played 19 of a possible 21 games, they are pretty worn as it is. If Vegas remains disciplined and does not let the Caps physicality get into their head, they stand a good chance at winning the series

Good points.

I think the physical play certainly could hurt them; however, we do know that guys like Wilson have the potential to really injure someone. I'd like to think the Knights could withstand the loss of a single player more than just about any other team in the league, but you never want to see anyone go down.

It's that wildcard factor that scares me more than, say, the physicality of the Bolts or the Jets.

I feel like the Caps are a better version of the Sharks and the Bolts are a better version of the Jets.

With the way the Bolts have played in the last 1-2 months, I'd argue that the they are a worse version of the Jets, though the Jets didn't show all that much in the WCF.

Reactions: ChanceVegas

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Gallant wants triple OT game with lots of hitting.

While they might be rested from that activity, nagging injuries could still be hanging.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->