So Which Rookies Made The Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
Mieetinen Jokinin and Daley for the stars. Lessard should have made it but they decided to play it cheap keep only 22 and keep the talentless Burnett

Transported Upstater

DougKnowsBest said:
Denis has been shaky. Chalk it up to the year off IMO. He played nowhere. And the simple fact is leclaire has outplayed MD in training camp. Now give him some time and I think Denis will be back. But Leclaire has definitly turned heads in camp.

I saw Leclaire too many times in the 'Cuse; I hope he sticks this time with the CBJ.

Transported Upstater

Lowetide said:
Well I'm not Edmonton Brass but I can tell you he impressed them a lot in training camp. They clearly liked him because they took him as high as they did but he's played very well through camp.

I'd guess that they send him out today but he'll be back. imo he's in a mix with Mathieu Roy and Dan Smith just below the NHL and with the way Cory Cross has played in pre-season it won't be long for one of them.

Oilers also don't have a plethora of prospects on the blueline who are close. If you asked me for a template in terms of timeline I'd probably pick MA Bergeron who was signed in July 01 and played pretty much a full season in 03-04.

Yeah, Cory Cross is as useful as a tree stump.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
The Caps have some kid named Ovechkin playing this year, think he'll be any good. :)

Mike Green is making it very difficult for the team to send him back to Hershey ---- I think he'll be in Washington for the start of the season.

Kafka

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
EagleBelfour said:
Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins, Danis maybe (I hope not) Ivanans. Lot of young gun this year in MTL.

Add Mark Streit's name to the list.

SIX rookies with the Habs this year.... altough Streit is 27.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Robert Nilsson will be opening the season on the Islanders top line with Yashin and Satan. He was taken off that line for a few exhibition games but has been practicing again with them over the past two days.

Sean Bergenheim was sent down today. So Nilsson, Chris Campoli and Petteri Nokelainen are the three rookies who will start the season on the Island.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
Phaneuf has made the Flames blueline, and Eric Nystrom is a bubble player right now, looks like he might start in Omaha though.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Rangers:

Lundqvist
Moore (possibly)
Prucha (possibly)
Hollweg (possibly)
Tyutin
Kondratiev

Is Marcel Hossa still technically a rookie?

Either way, it's a much younger team this year.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
MrMastodonFarm said:
Phaneuf has made the Flames blueline, and Eric Nystrom is a bubble player right now, looks like he might start in Omaha though.
I really hope Nystrom gets to hang around the big club, experience is more important for him than getting top line minutes in Omaha IMO, not to mention Loyns and Myhres are simply not better options than him right now.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
They aren't all rookies but it looks as though some of the younger players that made Phoenix's twenty-three man roster are Mike Rupp, David LeNeveu, Freddy Sjostrom, Keith Ballard, and Zybanek Michalek.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Jon Prescription said:
Rangers:

Lundqvist
Moore (possibly)
Prucha (possibly)
Hollweg (possibly)
Tyutin
Kondratiev

Is Marcel Hossa still technically a rookie?

Either way, it's a much younger team this year.
He was, 3 years ago. I guess that now, since hes out of montreal, he's the 2nd coming of Marian and not only that, he's become a lot younger.

So Habs officially have Plecanek, Higgins, Perezhogin and Streit.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
kruezer said:
I really hope Nystrom gets to hang around the big club, experience is more important for him than getting top line minutes in Omaha IMO, not to mention Loyns and Myhres are simply not better options than him right now.
There are pros and cons... but considering Nystrom has never played a lick of pro-hockey yet I think it might be okay to give him top line minutes in Omaha.

Loyns and Myhers won't be up anyways, Byron Ritchie will be the extra forward. Myhers hasn't been sent down yet because he is injured.

Vic Rattlehead*

Tovionen won the backup spot to Raycroft as Thomas was sent down today (and put on waivers).

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Habsaku said:
He was, 3 years ago. I guess that now, since hes out of montreal, he's the 2nd coming of Marian and not only that, he's become a lot younger.

What gives you that idea? Because someone asked if he's still a rookie?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
Detroit said Frazen has offically made it, he played awesome for a guy with his potential. Hell be a great 3rd liner, holmstrom like potential, stats wise... could see a flukke 20 goals season in there down the road but more like probably 10-15, 30 pts decent plus minus and hopefully picks up some quality PIMs due to his size if he uses it

Howard will be up until Osgood is back... doubt he sees any time inless legace is shacky to start, but that has to be realllly shacky because howard is very skilled but not really near NHL ready yet, needs 1-2 years of seasoning atleast
NOteables:

Kronwall did make it, but got hurt, hell be the 3rd defensemen the second he comes back if hes back in form early...

Hudler and Filppula will be firsts called up baring injury to a skilled player for top 6 minutes hopefully, whoever is playing better will be called

Bootland and Ellis will be called up if we think we need a grittier fill in, id say bootland because when he gets called up, he sparks the team for a little while with fights and hits, then dies off... if we can get him to spart for a few gms and send him down again he may be good for a call up or 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad