So Which Rookies Made The Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaysfanatic*

I think it's safe to say the Rangers Petr Prucha made it, he looked pretty good out there the two games I saw him play.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Franzen and Kronwall for the Wings, although Kronwall is out till at least February if not longer.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
4 nipple finn said:
is it just me or is there an unusually large amount of finnish rookies coming in?
I think a lot of rookies will be in, just in general, the year off has definetaly fast-tracked a lot of young guys, it was a year of free development.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
DougKnowsBest said:
Denis has been shaky. Chalk it up to the year off IMO. He played nowhere. And the simple fact is leclaire has outplayed MD in training camp. Now give him some time and I think Denis will be back. But Leclaire has definitly turned heads in camp.

Where Prusek goes?

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
For Chicago theres 4 rookies guaranteed spots IMO and a few others fighting for a remaining spot.

Duncan Keith and Brent Seabrook will get top 6 time and Pavel Vorobiev and Rene Bourque will get 2nd and 3rd line duties.

A final forward spot is being fought out between Matt Ellison and Mikail Holmqvist. Cam Barker is sticking around still as well. There isnt really room for him but he will likely get the 10 game look and possibly steal a job from Keith or Seabrook. Or possibly shake things up in another way...

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Prusek has went from having a sore achilles tendon to being sick. Has not had much opportunity and when he has he has not been good. Leclaire has simply played the best.

Veela

Aug 17, 2005
Prague
TO EDMONTON BRASS: How about Danny Syvret?

IF he make the team, do you think he is just one year material who benefits from Brewer-Lynch-Woywitka trade and will be eventually slashed by likes of Chorney, Greene and whoever Oilers draft next year?

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Veela said:
TO EDMONTON BRASS: How about Danny Syvret?

IF he make the team, do you think he is just one year material who benefits from Brewer-Lynch-Woywitka trade and will be eventually slashed by likes of Chorney, Greene and whoever Oilers draft next year?

Well I'm not Edmonton Brass but I can tell you he impressed them a lot in training camp. They clearly liked him because they took him as high as they did but he's played very well through camp.

I'd guess that they send him out today but he'll be back. imo he's in a mix with Mathieu Roy and Dan Smith just below the NHL and with the way Cory Cross has played in pre-season it won't be long for one of them.

Oilers also don't have a plethora of prospects on the blueline who are close. If you asked me for a template in terms of timeline I'd probably pick MA Bergeron who was signed in July 01 and played pretty much a full season in 03-04.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
CarlRacki said:
Philly: Jeff Carter, Mike Richards and probably RJ Umberger.

I wouldn't say 'probably' but Umberger will get some shots during the year. He won't be with the team all season though unless he absolutely lights up the AHL and Brian Savage sucks.

toothlessgrin

Mar 3, 2004
Montreal/Tokyo
go kim johnsson 514 said:
I wouldn't say 'probably' but Umberger will get some shots during the year. He won't be with the team all season though unless he absolutely lights up the AHL and Brian Savage sucks.

You should be seeing him sometime before the end of november then... :sarcasm:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
DougKnowsBest said:
Prusek has went from having a sore achilles tendon to being sick. Has not had much opportunity and when he has he has not been good. Leclaire has simply played the best.

He is a very good goalie but he sure gets hurt/sick alot. Maybe thats why Ottawa let him go. No doubt in my mind he is better than Emery but this kindof stuff always seems to happen to him.

Jaysfanatic*

Hemsky4PM said:
The TEAM 1260 in town is reporting that he'll be sent back to London tomorrow.

Thank god, that's what we need.

signalIInoise

killed by signal 2
Feb 25, 2005
Latveria
For Buffalo: Vanek and Paul Gaustad. Derek Roy will make several trips back and forth between Buffalo and Rochester, but will probably be in the lineup opening day until Connolly's suspension is over.

earthstar

Oct 4, 2003
winnipeg, mb
Visit site
weaponomega said:
Bruins

Andrew Alberts, Milan Jurcina and Brad Boyes should all make the team.
Also looks like Toivonen (unless they try to save money by keeping Thomas as the back-up), as well as Dallman, Walters and Orr could all start the season with the big club.

thomasincanada

Mar 7, 2005
London, ON
Madevilz said:
Syvret was cut? :cry:

I believe he's still in camp - at least he was a couple days ago :)

I think the others are just speculating he'll be in the AHL ( from what I've read quite possibly the first defensemen that would be called up )

Who knows though.. he just may stick

trahans99

Apr 7, 2004
Home of the 2005 Memorial Cup
Hemsky4PM said:
The TEAM 1260 in town is reporting that he'll be sent back to London tomorrow.

:handclap: :jump: :banana:

I wish the OHL would start their season a week or two later so that many teams wouldn't be without their top 18, 19 or 20 years old for 5-10 games.

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It's starting to look like both Christoph Schubert and Andrej Meszaros will start the year in Ottawa. Up front, there's Brandon Bochenski, Brian McGratton, and probably Chris Kelly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->