So Which Rookies Made The Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Anaheim: Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Dustin Penner, Joe DiPenta*, Jonathan Hedstrom*
Atlanta: Jim Slater, Chris Kunitz*, Braydon Coburn, Kari Lehtonen*
Boston: Andrew Alberts, Kevin Dallman, Brad Boyes*, Milan Jurcina, Colton Orr*, Hannu Toivanen
Buffalo: Paul Gaustad*, Thomas Vanek, Ryan Miller*
Calgary: Dion Phaneuf, Phillipe Sauve*
Carolina: Mike Zigomanis*, Niklas Nordgren, Cam Ward, Andrew Hutchinson*
Chicago: Cam Barker, Rene Bourque, Michael Holmqvist*, Duncan Keith, Brent Seabrook, Pavel Vorobiev*
Colorado: Marek Svatos*, Wojtek Wolski, Petr Budaj
Columbus: Gilbert Brule, Jaroslav Balastik, Dan Fritsche*, Francois Beauchemin*, Pascal Leclaire*
Dallas: Jussi Jokinen, Antti Miettinen*
Detroit: Bret Lebeda, Johan Franzen, Jimmy Howard, Niklas Kronwall (IR)*
Edmonton: Brad Winchester, Mike Morrison*
Florida: Rostislav Olesz
Los Angeles: George Parros, Denis Grebeshkov*, Jason Lababera*
Minnesota: Derek Boogard, Matt Foy, Mikko Koivu, Kyle Wanvig*
Montreal: Raitis Ivanans, Mark Streit, Tomas Plekanec*, Yann Danis, Chris Higgins*, Alexander Peregozhin
Nashville: Ryan Suter
New Jersey: Zach Parise
NY Islanders: Chris Campboli, Tomi Pettinen*, Robert Nilsson, Petteri Nokelainen
NY Rangers: Petr Prucha, Ryan Hollweg, Henrik Lundqvist, Fedor Tyutin*, Maxim Kondratiev*
Ottawa: Brandon Bochenski, Andrej Meszaros, Christoph Schubert, Ray Emery*, Brian McGrattan
Philadelphia: RJ Umberger, Jeff Carter, Mike Richards
Phoenix: David Leneveau, Zbynek Michalek*, Keith Ballard,
Pittsburgh: Sidney Crosby, Maxime Talbot, Matt Murley*
San Jose: Josh Georges, Ryan Clowe, Marcel Goc*
St. Louis: Andy Roach, Peter Sejna*
Tampa Bay: Timo Helbling, Andy Rogers
Toronto: Andy Wozniewski, Alexand Steen, Staffan Kronwall, Carlo Colaicovo*
Vancouver: Fedor Fedorov*
Washington: Alexander Ovechkin
*=prior NHL experience

Last edited:

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
The cbj have already sent Picard down. Pascal Leclaire is up in the air, he could start opening night. Brule is in contract negotiations, if he signs looks like he made it. Jaroslov Balastik seems to have made the team. Along with steve goertzen. ole-kristian tollefson is close also. Looks like we wont know for sure till late.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
DougKnowsBest said:
The cbj have already sent Picard down. Pascal Leclaire is up in the air, he could start opening night. Brule is in contract negotiations, if he signs looks like he made it. Jaroslov Balastik seems to have made the team. Along with steve goertzen. ole-kristian tollefson is close also. Looks like we wont know for sure till late.
goertzen??? good for him, one of my favs from the dub.. :)

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
The final cuts have not been made yet. But if you take a poll of the cbj org that talks to the media steve goertzen has been the biggest surprise. He had a ton of ice time tonight, him and brule. Both were playing on the PK. So I would say every opportunity is being given to Goertz to stick.

crosby_87

Jun 22, 2005
Jason MacIsaac said:
Still not close to done in NJ...roster still at 26 lol

Parise and Janssen may have cracked the lineup.

If Parise doesn't make the lineup I would be pi$$ed just because he left North Dakota two years early to play with the devils. This would have been his senior year so if he doesnt make it I don't know if i'll ever get over it :(

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
crosby_87 said:
If Parise doesn't make the lineup I would be pi$$ed just because he left North Dakota two years early to play with the devils. This would have been his senior year so if he doesnt make it I don't know if i'll ever get over it :(
Parise is guarenteed....Janssen is the one who is on the bubble.

DougKnowsBest

Feb 6, 2004
Newark, Ohio
Denis has been shaky. Chalk it up to the year off IMO. He played nowhere. And the simple fact is leclaire has outplayed MD in training camp. Now give him some time and I think Denis will be back. But Leclaire has definitly turned heads in camp.

Lionheart

Jul 20, 2005
Ottawa
Ottawa - Bochenski, McGratton, Kelly (at least til Varada gets back since Muck has said he's going with a roster of 20), Emery (I think he's still a rookie) and one of Schubert or Meszaros.

JiriHrdina

Jul 8, 2005
Flames: Phaneuf obviously has made the team. Krahn and Nystrom both remain in camp but I would suggest they will both be sent to the AHL perhaps even tomorrow

Isles seem to have a lot of rookies on their team still.

Related question - has Bourque made the Hawks?

think-blue-

Sep 28, 2002
Visit site
GregStack said:
Looks like Wellwood, Colaiacovo, and Steen for the leafs.

Wellwood is still up in the air I think, but you can add one of Wozniewski or Kronwall ...they'll be there until Klee gets back.

edit: also add Tellqvist.

OpAck

Feb 19, 2004
Wilmington, NC
The Islanders final cuts were made and Robert Nilsson, Petteri Nokelainen, Chris Campoli, Sean Bergenheim, and Tomi Pettinen all made the team. I don't remember how many games Bergenheim and Pettinen have played, but I still think they're considered rookies.

Nilsson has surprised alot of people. He's played on the Yashin/Satan line, and did not look out of place. He may get a further look on that line, or possible skate on a line with York and Hunter, which isn't that bad either.

Last edited:

Jaysfanatic*

OpAckTool said:
The Islanders finally cuts were made and Robert Nilsson, Petteri Nokelainen, Chris Campoli, Sean Bergenheim, and Tomi Pettinen all made the team. I don't remember how many games Bergenheim and Pettinen have played, but I still think they're considered rookies.

Nilsson has surprised alot of people. He's played on the Yashin/Satan line, and did not look out of place. He may get a further look on that line, or possible skate on a line with York and Hunter, which isn't that bad either.

Hopefully him and Parise both do extremely well so that Maguire will shut up.

Lowetide

Feb 27, 2002
Looks like Jani Rita and Brad Winchester for Edmonton. Oilers don't rebuild, they re-LOAD! :biglaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->