So whens this deal gonna be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Buttman

Feb 21, 2005
Tha Dirty South
They've had 22 meetings, agreed on cap system....when's this done and why wont anyone say how close they are? I guess the one thing I learn from that is if it takes this long to get it done when there's progress every time, then there was no chance in hell that they actually could've reached an agreeement in 3 days back in February.

Slapshot17

Aug 29, 2004
Prince George
I'm betting it will be done in 2 weeks. It's so close now, it's just a matter of making sure everything is right. There will be hockey next year. Too much has been lost, and irrepairable damage has been done to this worlds greatest game. They aren't stupid enough to screw it up now. Draft might be in July. Crosby will make it a big event. The NHL needs that, and they know it.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
i cant agree with u more if they claim they had a deal in 3 days in february almost signed
what in the world is taking this one so long if theyve agreed on the meat of the CBA?
im mostly a pro-owner person (blame the oiler ownership for that) but if they signed that deal in february it coulda been terrible for both sides as it would be quickly done just like in 94

DaveBrown21

May 25, 2005
Virginia
If the draft is to take place in NY during the weekend of 6/25-6/26 as rumored, any CBA agreement announcement would need to be made sometime next week to give teams time to prepare.

My money's on next week, 6/15.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
DaveBrown21 said:
If the draft is to take place in NY during the weekend of 6/25-6/26 as rumored, any CBA agreement announcement would need to be made sometime next week to give teams time to prepare.

My money's on next week, 6/15.

have they decided whether its actually going to be a draft event (with the players in attendence receiving the jerseys the whole bit) or whether its gonna be a baseball style conference call
im thinking wiht crosby here they wont do the conference call style

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
This is just a feeling. Call it what you will, hunch, 6th sense woman's intuition, but it feels like the pace picked up considerable.

If the world of a cap was a strategic leak, it was a way of saying to everyone, "Almost there" my bet is about a week.

flambers

Jun 4, 2005
I believe it will be done Mid July but they are crazy for letting it go that far. I don't think the teams will have enough time to sell tickets etc.....

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
From this week's Onion
DETROIT—Game Six of the NBA Eastern Conference finals between the Miami Heat and the Detroit Pistons was postponed Saturday so that the Heat could play their first preseason game against the Seattle Supersonics. "It would've been great to have determined who would've been in the finals, but this exhibition game was already on the schedule," said Heat coach Stan Van Gundy. "Sonics fans have been looking forward to this game all off-season." Representatives for both teams expressed hopes that the 2005 NBA Finals would be over by the start of the 2006 All-Star Game.
Slim is the list of things hockey does better than other sports, but the every-other-day schedule of the playoffs makes for an unmatched intensity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->