So what will the Canucks look like in 2019

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
We have a ton of possible talent in the pipe line. And a few ugly contracts that will hinder development.

So the point of this thread is predict what the Canucks look like in 2 years time.

In the pipeline ... Boeser, Virtanen, Gaudette, Petttersseen, Dahlen, Godjovich, Lind, Palmu, Juolevi, Demko, Goldobin Dipeitro, and 4 or 5 others.

Also, as noted in other threads .... we have players that are reclamation projects like Pouilliet,

So who will be out there in 2 years time

Bo Bearcheese Boesser

Virtanen Peterssen Dahlien

Gadjovich Gaudette Palmu

Then we have a bunch of anchors or futures to deal with. Ericsson, Sutter, Dorsett, goldobin, Burmistov and the Sedins. (oh and some of the spelling mistakes are intentional, others accidental and lot due to autocorrect.) And new draft picks.

so please project a 2019 lineup.

Reactions: Etteduag ot Reseob

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
A lot can change depending on if/when a new GM takes over and what he does with the pieces. The only guys I'd look at as near guarantees are Eriksson+Sutter as unmovable contracts, Horvat+Boeser as core young pieces, and Demko+Pettersson as graduated prospects.

We have 3 other contracts that extend to 2019: Gagner, Tanev, and Markstrom, but those could easily be moved. Same thing with the RFA or prospect category guys like Baerstchi, Granlund, Virtanen, Gaunce, Hutton, and Stecher, those guys can easily be moved and a few likely will. There's a few good prospects after them like Goldobin, Juolevi, Dahlen, Gaudette, Lind, Gadjovich, but likely you'll see a combination of bust, traded, or not ready from that group.

Reactions: billvanseattle

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Lind Pettersson Boeser
Dahlen Gaudette Lockwood
Gadvodich Horvat Palmu
Virtanen Burmur Megna

XX Dahlin
Hutton Briesbois
de Zotto Stecher

Demko
Nielson

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Wow, I don't even know. The Sedins are going to create a void in our lineup no matter what, and not all of those prospects are going to amount to anything. But here's hoping any projected lineup includes Rasmus Dahlin in it.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
In 2 years?

We'll be in the post-Sedin era, which is exciting at least because it opens up 2 top 9 spots for young players.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
So hard to do. Imagine doing this in 2015 and then comparing to the line up today.

It’s all a wild guess but I’m confident it won’t contain nearly as many current prospects as a lot of people are going to project ...

Forwards

Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Eriksson Pettersson Virtanen
Dahlen Sutter Granlund
Archibald Gaunce Gagner

Defense
Take out Edler and MDZ and drop in Juolevi and Chatfield somewhere

Goal
Nilsson
Demko

Reactions: Baby Pettersson

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
The roster could look completely different depending on who we draft in the next 2 years.

Imagine we get Dahlin, if we do then this team basically added a young superstar, and that can result in a lot more trades trying to build around Dahlin.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
So hard to do. Imagine doing this in 2015 and then comparing to the line up today.

It’s all a wild guess but I’m confident it won’t contain nearly as many current prospects as a lot of people are going to project ...

Pretty much why this is a pointless exercise.

If you compare our roster right now to the start of the 15-16 season, 10 of the 22 players who have played a game so far for us this year were in other organizations at the time. Only 1 prospect (Boeser) in the system in October 15 has made the jump since then.

So yeah. There will be 1 or 2 prospects added to the lineup and 30-50% of the roster will be composed of new players we don't have a clue about now, as opposed to every list posted here which will have like 8 prospects added to the team.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
My ideal plus semi realistic lineup.

Dahlen Pettersson Boeser
Baertschi Horvat UFA
Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Gadvodich Gaudette Virtanen

Edler Dahlin
Juolevi Tanev
Hutton Stecher

Demko
Nilsson

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon

Forwards

Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Eriksson Pettersson Virtanen
Dahlen Sutter Granlund
Archibald Gaunce Gagner

Defense
Take out Edler and MDZ and drop in Juolevi and Chatfield somewhere

Goal
Nilsson
Demko

Probably the most accurate lineup one could realistically put together.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Good to see people with more understanding of the situation than me chiming in with logical predictions, because I haven't gotten a clue as to what the hell the team will become by 2019.

I got my fingers crossed that either Benning is fired or both him and Linden are tied to a rocket and fired towards the sun.

I have this uneasy feeling that Benning will give the twins a multi-year extension in a desperate and laughable PR attempt to win back some love from fans.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Pettersson should probably play C first before being slotted in as our number 1

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
So OP believes the team will be serious contenders next season, but will also be icing a lineup of largely prospects and young players the season after that?

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
In a 2019 vacuum where everything works out shiny against any logic:

Lind-Horvat-Boeser
Dahlen-Pettersson-Gadjovich
Goldobin-Gaudette-Virtanen
Gaunce-Cassels-Lockwood

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
These are never close by the time the year rolls around. We could predict next year and even be quite far off.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
The other Tkachuk - Horvat - Boeser
Dahlen - Pettersson - Granlund
Gaudette - Gagner - Lind
Evander Kane - Sutter - Eriksson
Chaput

Tyler Myers
Tanev
Hutton
Stecher
Pouliot
Sbisa

Markstrom
Demko

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Just a note on this exercise .... I posted this because many of the HF faithful predict which futures will succeed. Curious as to their predictions, because for the first time in maybe 20 years we actually have a stockpile.

Yes its a bloody dice roll, but its nice to see who will roll the dice. I think we will actually have a decent team in 2 years. Who will be on that team is another discussion.

Oh, and the NHL has changed, 40 years ago players played for just one team, and the odds are they had a 10 year career. Now so many players change teams every year its beyond belief.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
The other Tkachuk - Horvat - Boeser
Dahlen - Pettersson - Granlund
Gaudette - Gagner - Lind
Evander Kane - Sutter - Eriksson
Chaput

Tyler Myers
Tanev
Hutton
Stecher
Pouliot
Sbisa

Markstrom
Demko

Oh man, it would be so fun to have the battle of the Tkachuks with the Flames...

Western Canadian rivalry + brotherly rivalry would be so good.

We should have one already, though.

Reactions: CanaFan

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
Oh man, it would be so fun to have the battle of the Tkachuks with the Flames...

Western Canadian rivalry + brotherly rivalry would be so good.

We should have one already, though.

W. Nylander 2014 + A. Nylander 2016

or

M. Tkachuk 2016 + B. Tkachuk 2018

We'd have our brothers-as-a-top-line drafted and set for the next 10 years.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
Not going to get into what our lines will look like...things change from year to year. Just going to say that in 2 years time this will still be a bad hockey team.

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
Not going to get into what our lines will look like...things change from year to year. Just going to say that in 2 years time this will still be a bad hockey team.

In an equally bold prediction, I will go on record that the ocean will not dry up over the wknd.

Reactions: Toxic0n

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
If Jimbo and Trev are still around you can add at least one or two extra overpaid vets we signed in FA. No one would have predicted Gagner on this team this year. It will have been 6 years since the Torts year at that point and I think we will still be terrible which is discouraging to say the least.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
My Guess:

E.Kane-Pettersson-Boeser
Dahlen-Horvat-Lind
Eriksson-Gaudette-Virtanen
Granlund-Sutter-Gagner

Defence is harder to predict, as Edler, Del Zotto, Gudbranson will have expired contracts. Really hope we get a top 3 pick in the next draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->