So what time does the circus begin today (Thursday)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy Lunatic

RangerBoy said:
I can't wait to see Gary Bettman put on that sour puss face of his when he cancels the season.He was wearing it yesterday

Yeah, I agree. It's going to bring me a lot of joy knowing that Modano just flushed 9 million dollars down the toilet and Yzerman, Messier and Chelios lost their careers for absolutely nothing. Not to mention all the guys who are going to want to rip Goodenows head off for not getting a good deal done. :lol

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Crazy Lunatic said:
Yeah, I agree. It's going to bring me a lot of joy knowing that Modano just flushed 9 million dollars down the toilet and Yzerman, Messier and Chelios lost their careers for absolutely nothing. Not to mention all the guys who are going to want to rip Goodenows head off for not getting a good deal done. :lol

Yeah I fully agree, some of the legends are forced to quit their career to a lock-out because their greedy union boss is allegdly 'thinking about future players'...Too funny.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Crazy Lunatic said:

The owners got themselves a 100% rollback on 04-05 salaries by just doing nothing.

Crazy Lunatic

Greschner4 said:
The owners got themselves a 100% rollback on 04-05 salaries by just doing nothing.

If you call upping the salary cap by 12 million dollars and then later agreeing to play under a no cap system for 2 years as nothing, then yeah. There are so many players not under contract or in the last year of their contract that a 24% rollback was a total sham right from the start. There are only about 3 or 4 PA apologists in the media who even bring it up anymore.

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
chiavsfan said:
5:57 Eastern? Central? Austrailian?

So if this is day XXX of the lockout...what is that in Martian SOLS?
I didn't think it was that vague, but...

What time zone is Illinois? Central?

edit: crap, I wasted my 1,000th post with this?

Last edited:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
chiavsfan said:
Actually I was wondering if you were being serious, and where you heard that the meeting shad already started.

But yes, Illinois is Central
Somehow I had info that told me the meeting started at 5:57 am?

Even Bob McKenzie wishes he could get that kind of info, and I say this comfortably without having to provide some sort of link.

Anyway, I was trying to say that we're all part of this circus too....

chiavsfan

I believe all the sports sites say the two sides are going to meet today

From TSN
Both sides met for a late dinner Wednesday night and planned to speak again Thursday morning, but it appears the cancellation of the season is finally around the corner after the league announced a weekend deadline to get a deal on paper.

From Sportsnet
Sportsnet has learned the NHL and NHLPA will meet again this morning.

Sources tell Sportsnet it will be a six-man gathering with Players Association lawyer John McCambridge and NHL counsel, Bob Batterman re-entering the negotiation.

Commissioner Gary Bettman and Chief Legal Counsel Bill Daly are scheduled to return to New York today. However if talks go well this morning it is likely the league leaders will remain in Toronto to keep the momentum moving.

So here is to hoping again, though not too hard

SuperNintendoChalmrs

Jun 28, 2002
Buffalo
Crazy Lunatic said:

LOL beat me to it.....let me add Mike Peca......no money in two of the last 5 years.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
If there is a season it will be 28 games against conference teams, and the playoffs will not be changed.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=114434

I'm not expecting much from this meeting but at least there still talking. The most positive situation would be, the meeting lasting around 10 hours and then make no public comments.

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
The clowns also had dinner late last night as per tsn; one had fried dough, the other just a whole bunch of cotton candy--pink, no less.

Seriously, I just want this finished one way or the other. No one deserves what is going on--the fans, the media, even the players. Either end it or drop it.

CGG

Jan 6, 2005
Crazy Lunatic said:
If you call upping the salary cap by 12 million dollars and then later agreeing to play under a no cap system for 2 years as nothing, then yeah. There are so many players not under contract or in the last year of their contract that a 24% rollback was a total sham right from the start. There are only about 3 or 4 PA apologists in the media who even bring it up anymore.

No one ever said the would play under the PA deal for 2 years. The league won't even agree to play under the PA deal for 2 days, it would automatically trigger the NHL deal. Try again.

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
Thornton97 said:
Seriously, I just want this finished one way or the other. No one deserves what is going on--the fans, the media, even the players. Either end it or drop it.
Oh, I don't know. The media sems to be squeezing as much out of this as they can. Would you rather be watching basketball highlights? :eek:

Thornton97

Nov 18, 2004
Carrollton, TX
Good god man, certainly not. Basketball? You mean those over payed guys who take violent swings at innocent fans? The guys who consistently talk about how they are not getting enough playing time? SportsCenter's top 10 which always has about 9 dunks in it--at least three by our new savior "Lebron James?"

I hate that sport. Nope, I waiting for my World Champion Red Sox to begin again if no hockey will be played. Then I'm waiting for my World Champion Patriots to select their next line of CBs in the NFL draft.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Crazy Lunatic said:

I'm among the biggest non-PA apologists on the boards ... the fact that the owners could get a 100% rollback for this year, and next if they want, just shows how dumb the 24% rollback idea was.

If I were an owner it would have been my first response back in December.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
gc2005 said:
No one ever said the would play under the PA deal for 2 years. The league won't even agree to play under the PA deal for 2 days, it would automatically trigger the NHL deal. Try again.

Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->