So we get to see the new jersey designs next week (RBK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Metallian said:
Note to Bettman: Noone will buy longsleeve football jerseys.
1) If it makes NHLers safer, Agents, Players, and GM's will jump on board in a second to implement these
2) If they offer a signifigant gain on performance, players will wear it (UnderArmor, anyone?)
3) Being a Bettman hater is so 2004

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
futurcorerock said:
1) If it makes NHLers safer, Agents, Players, and GM's will jump on board in a second to implement these
2) If they offer a signifigant gain on performance, players will wear it (UnderArmor, anyone?)
3) Being a Bettman hater is so 2004

1) Safer? Hardly. A tighter jersey will not reduce injuries whatsoever.
2) The performance gain wont create a significant change in performance, possibly marginal at best. It'll be hell for goalies.
3) Being a Bettman supporter is soo post-Lockout

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Metallian said:
1) Safer? Hardly. A tighter jersey will not reduce injuries whatsoever.
2) The performance gain wont create a significant change in performance, possibly marginal at best. It'll be hell for goalies.
3) Being a Bettman supporter is soo post-Lockout
How do you know? Have you tried the jerseys out in practice? Or maybe for Team Ukraine prepping for the Olympics?

Oh! thats right! you don't have a clue.

As for Bettman, who said I was a fan? I didn't wipe his butt or anything. But yes, you're right... Being Bettman supporting is sooo post lockout because everything he's implemented in the last year has been of benefit to hockey, he's second to Paul Tagliabue

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
there is in no way shape or form a tighter fitting jersey will allow a goalie faster movement. none.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Metallian said:
there is in no way shape or form a tighter fitting jersey will allow a goalie faster movement. none.
Forwards and Defenders wear jerseys too.

As far as goaltenders go, It decreases their size in the net -- increases scoring, all-the-while allowing them to keep the extra padding that they've gradually been accustomed to wearing over the past few years for saftey.

Like I said, you haven't seen them yet, so writing them off as if you somehow know is utterly blasphemous.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
RallyKiller said:
How about we wait until we see them before we hate them?

Even though I'm not a big fan of change (it's a personal thing, let's leave it at that), I will wait until I see these new uniforms before I put forth a lot of energy bashing them. Now once I see them, and I believe them to be a hideous waste of material, I will gladly join in on the Uni Bashing.

;)

Petey21

Dec 19, 2003
Sweden
www.geocities.com
I haven't seen these new jerseys/pants, yet I hate them already. Why can't they let things be and maybe develop "normally", instead of having these insane ideas about "a new NHL" and crap like that, where the jerseys is probably just part of the new idea. I can almost see in the future it'll be like that crappy movie Slap Shot 2, with "family friendly shows" like the Harlem Globetrotters. That is, if Bettman and Rbk/Nike keep ruining the sport with these "new ideas"...

Mr BLUEandWHITE

Nov 14, 2005
Toronto
Im calling out the fans on the HFboards and all over the world if your a true hockey fan then dont buy anything that RBK sells so that they will be ousted and gone from the nhl and dont buy the new jerseys they are making and they wont have a choice but to go back to there old styles......what was wrong with CCM????

Gary Bettman>>>RBK>>>>>have just completely ruined the nhl for me

Skrymir

Jul 7, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Metallian said:
What if it's a lighter, more flexible, and keeps the goalie cooler and less fatigued through the course of the game? Would that help a goalies performance?

TheMoose

Jun 23, 2005
As someone who's seen the designs for all 30 teams, I can say there will be a lot of people who like them, but probably even more that hate them. Some traditionalists will be shocked with what they see if the designs i've seen come to fruition.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Petey21 said:
I haven't seen these new jerseys/pants, yet I hate them already. Why can't they let things be and maybe develop "normally", instead of having these insane ideas about "a new NHL" and crap like that, where the jerseys is probably just part of the new idea. I can almost see in the future it'll be like that crappy movie Slap Shot 2, with "family friendly shows" like the Harlem Globetrotters. That is, if Bettman and Rbk/Nike keep ruining the sport with these "new ideas"...

How can you have something like this develop "normally" without introducing new ideas.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
this is why baseball will always remain the greatest. i dont see them wearing spandex just to steal bases faster.

KEEP SOME TRADITION

And to the idiot who said this will make more goals, um, theres enough goals! This will make it harder for goalies to move and I have had enough of the NHL trying to make the goalies worse. Stop targeting the goalies and just increase the talent pool damnit.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
Skrymir said:
What if it's a lighter, more flexible, and keeps the goalie cooler and less fatigued through the course of the game? Would that help a goalies performance?
it cant be more flexible than a loose fitting jersey.

have you ever worn a football jersey over equipment? the ***** constricting. and i dont think jerseys can contribute to a goalies fatigue :rolleyes:

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
RBK OFFICIAL: Hey, Gary. Talk to you for a second?

BETTMAN: Sure..

RBK OFFICIAL: How's everything going? Everything O.K.?

BETTMAN: Well, all of a sudden there's a problem with scoring...

RBK OFFICIAL: Listen, Gary, I uh...obviously I don't need to talk to you about the importance of player morale, but uh...I've been talking to some of the guys, and some of them - I don't want to mention any names - but some of them...they're not too happy with the baggy uniforms.

BETTMAN: How so?

RBK OFFICIAL: Well, they get very hot in the polyester. You know, it's not a flexible fibre. I think they would prefer spandex.

BETTMAN: Spandex, huh?

RBK OFFICIAL: Yeah. Spandex breathes, you see, it's much softer. Imagine playing games and your team is five degrees cooler than the other team. Don't you think that would be an advantage? They're cooler, they're more comfortable...they're happier - they're gonna play better.

BETTMAN: You may have something there.

RBK OFFICIAL: Oh - I've got something.

BETTMAN (considering): Hmm. Spandex uniforms.

-----------

ANNOUNCER #1: And the Leafs take the ice!

ANNOUNCER #2: What is with the Leafs? They look like they're having trouble skaing, they can't move!

ANNOUNCER #1: It's their uniforms, they're too tight, they've shrunk! They're running like penguins! Forget this game!

ANNOUNCER #2: Oh my God, Belfour just split his pants!

ME: That's a shame.

:biglaugh:

Henne

Jun 23, 2005
TheMoose said:
As someone who's seen the designs for all 30 teams, I can say there will be a lot of people who like them, but probably even more that hate them. Some traditionalists will be shocked with what they see if the designs i've seen come to fruition.

You've seen them, huh? Are the jerseys pretty similiar to the current ones, just updated, form-fitting versions? Or are they totally different in some cases, with different lines, colors, logos, etc?

BCCHL inactive

futurcorerock said:
Angela Ruggiero of Team Canada seems to disagree with your guys' consensus write-off

http://www.nbcolympics.com/icehockey/5087231/detail.html

I'll take her word over everyone elses here.

That's just one player's opinion. Go back and find articles from Team Canada's summer Olympic training camp... Pronger wouldn't touch his jersey and it took 4 guys to pull Bertuzzi's over his shoulders...and that was about the Nike Swift jersey, not the RBK jersey that is being put together.

Metallian said:
Note to Bettman: Noone will buy longsleeve football jerseys.

I will repeat...

Why does everybody seem to think this is Gary Bettman's idea? This was RBK's idea, and Bauer/Nike got to it first with the IIHF jerseys. The NHL (again... NHL, meaning the board of governors) is in it for the money, and they have no reason to not be.

Mr BLUEandWHITE said:
Im calling out the fans on the HFboards and all over the world if your a true hockey fan then dont buy anything that RBK sells so that they will be ousted and gone from the nhl and dont buy the new jerseys they are making and they wont have a choice but to go back to there old styles......what was wrong with CCM????

Gary Bettman>>>RBK>>>>>have just completely ruined the nhl for me

Welcome to the world of ignorance. Before commenting, why don't you educate yourself on the subject? For your information, RBK is CCM (along with Jofa and KOHO). You can buy CCM all you want, you'd still be supporting RBK. RBK Hockey is here to stay, like it or not. They already have sponsorship deals with the NHL, as well as junior and college leagues, and they're not going away.

Also, I will again repeat...

Why does everybody seem to think this is Gary Bettman's idea? This was RBK's idea, and Bauer/Nike got to it first with the IIHF jerseys. The NHL (again... NHL, meaning the board of governors) is in it for the money, and they have no reason to not be.

Gary Bettman didn't design these jerseys, and he didn't make RBK do it, so why blame him? It's just an easy cop-out for ignorant fans.

BCCHL inactive

Metallian said:
its not gary bettmans idea, but he's approving of it, unlike the GM's

Why wouldn't Gary Bettman approve of it? This deal with RBK is going to net his league millions of sponsorship dollars. Bettman's job is to have the league succeed financially.... not to worry about the on-ice appearance of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->