So the PA says "progress" the NHL says "none"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mudcrutch79

Jul 5, 2003
The Big Smoke
www.mc79hockey.com
I think so. Hard as it may be to believe, and I don't say this callously, life goes on. There's work to be done, and each entity has a ton of people that they can send as emissaries to the funeral if they feel the need to be represented.

chiavsfan

I don't think it's callous mudcrutch...I just know that the NHL usually supports one of their own after a death, I know most of them attended Maggie's (Keith Maggnason (sorry spelling is not on) and I know they did when Herb Brook's died. I was just wondering if the chance was still there if they can talk middle ground on the cap

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Didn't one of the figureheads in '94 skip his own mother's funeral to sign a deal?

If im right, let's remember that these are the same people who've kept NHL hockey off TV for a long, long time... ruthless indeed.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
OilKiller said:
In Brooks' latest article, he states they will be meeting again this morning. They pretty much have to meet today to make a deal before Wednesday, do they not?
There's not going to be a deal before Wednesday

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
chiavsfan said:
So do we see another meeting today, even with the Suter funeral?

In my opinion people are WAY overplaying the importance of that funeral in the CBA process. I mean, heart goes out to the family and everything, but some people actually seem to think Bettman moved the deadline JUST because of the funeral. That's just ridiculous, it is obvious there is some kind of progress and that they have been meeting in secret and at the very least staying in contact. Of course there is gonna be another meeting today...you think Daly and Saskin were really close with the family or something? I doubt it.

silver_made*

not claiming to know the man, but I'm guessing papa suter would not want the possibility of an nhl season canceled to fall on his shoulders. frankly, I think an individual so entrenched in hockey would rather have everyone in the hockey community putting their efforts into saving the season than attending his funeral.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad