so esposito is falling, but how far will he drop...

acr*

After hearing the same crap about Kessel last year, if the Bruins drafted Esposito I'd be very happy.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
After hearing the same crap about Kessel last year, if the Bruins drafted Esposito I'd be very happy.

That's a fair point. Many of the same things being said about Esposito were said about Kessel last year. Too much time in the sun and all of a sudden you're a bum. Kessel has done aa bit to quiet his critics this year, and it's possible Esposito could do the same. I doubt he drops out of the top ten.

Last edited:

turnbuckle*

I heard some interesting comments about Espo today from an NHL director of player personnel.

he told me that Espo is hard working in the offseason. He talked to his strength and conditioning coach who said Espo works harder on the dryland training then most - that he trains "like a pro....all that stuff checks out; he trains really hard. He's like Crosby in that sense."

The scout is a little perplexed about why he's not producing this year.

"Is it the pressure? Is he not that good...not as good as we thought he'd be?"

The scout made some interesting comments on how he thinks he'll ultimately be better on the wing. "He's selfish with the puck..maybe he's not a playmaker."

That along with a reluctance to skate back hard in his own zone and questionable defence make me wonder if he may not be better off on the wing at the pro level.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Sounds something like Frolik to me. Was supposed to be one of the big tickets going into the year, dropped drastically as the season went on, falling out of the top 10 in pretty much ever draft ranking, but still ended up squeezing into the to 10.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
That's a fair point. Many of the same things being said about Esposito were said about Kessel last year. Too much time in the sun and all of a sudden you're a bum. Kessel has done aa bit to quiet his critics this year, and it's possible Esposito could do the same. I doubt he drops out of the top ten.

so it is possible boston is able to grap him...i dont know much about him but from what i can infer...that could be 2 big steals in back to back years...correct??

whatthef

Failure is an Option
Mar 1, 2007
Upper Darby
so it is possible boston is able to grap him...i dont know much about him but from what i can infer...that could be 2 big steals in back to back years...correct??

Not really, taking Kessel with the 5th overall pick doesn't exactly quallify as a steal. He's certianly tallanted and having a decent rookie year, and it's early yet but the 4 guys taken before him are pretty tallented too.

AgentNaslund*

Canucks will take him. If its not the 1st overall pick, its not Alexander Daigle. If he somehow falls to VAncouver, we will jump all over him.

Burnside_1

May 9, 2006
Canucks will take him. If its not the 1st overall pick, its not Alexander Daigle. If he somehow falls to VAncouver, we will jump all over him.

Even if he did go first overall, he'd be no Daigle. Daigle was a true bum, arrogant as hell, no work ethic. Same as Ribeiro. And as far as I know Espo is not.

I still think the habs should try to grab him as much as they can, he's a nice player to gamble on, especially with two first rounders in a draft that is said to be weak.

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Watch the following occur :

- HFboards posters hyping Esposito to no end. Check (previous years).

- As the slightest struggle, HFboards posters will describe him as a future bust. Check (this year).

- If he's picked early (say top 5), HFboards fans will kill the selection. (we'll see in the draft)

- If he's picked later (say around 10th or more), HFboards fans will scream S-T-E-A-L! and say he's highly underrated, that the talent is huge, blah, blah, blah (see Schremp).

- If he makes the team out of juniors, HFBoards fans will scream (I TOLD YOU HE WAS A STEAL!), but if he doesn't put up 80 points in his first NHL season, the same bunches will scream : I TOLD YOU HE WAS A BUST!

You hit it dead on.

Everyone is a great talent scout after the fact.

After reading several scouting reports I think he might just be somewhat injured and in a rut after so much exposure. I am hoping the Bruins take a serious look at him assuming Kane, Vorecek, Alzner, and Couture are gone by the time they choose.

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
the only thing I know is that if Montreal doesn't take him, all the journalists will be asking for Gainey's head.

if Esposito doesn't become a good NHLer, we'll never hear about that again...
if he does, we'll hear for 20 years that the habs were stupid not to take him.

personnally, I would pass.. depending of course on who is available...
if Patrick Roy can't put fire on Esposito's ass in the juniors, then who can do it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad