Speculation: So are Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews done in the NHL?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Which ever team signs Kane …. Will not have insurance as Kane is coming off surgery and is expected not to play the first few months.

Does he sign with a contender of his choice at a low $ amount.

Does he sign with a tanking Chicago team at a good high amount as Cap hit does not matter to them… and Chicago gets the return at the deadline that they did not get at last seasons deadline!
Like they still won't get that return lol but why not go back and play with Bedard

Also why doesn't Kane get the heat toews does? Not the captain but a superstar with a lot of pull. Of course he was busy punching cabbies or whatever

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Kane can have the best of both worlds, once he's ready to play he can sign a 1-year deal with a team that needs to hit the cap floor for a decent chunk of change, then when he's back in shape at the deadline that team will flip him to a contender retaining 50% and get a 3rd round pick out of it (maybe more depending on the state of the trade market)
I don't think any teams still need to hit the floor really but yeah he will get a contract from someone

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Like they still won't get that return lol but why not go back and play with Bedard

Also why doesn't Kane get the heat toews does? Not the captain but a superstar with a lot of pull. Of course he was busy punching cabbies or whatever

In their youth Toews was hyped up as this "clean, good old Canadian boy" I remember Pierre McGuire once said on air he was "someone you want your daughter to marry." Something like this tarnished the clean good boy image

Meanwhile Kane had the cab incident and a party reputation...so it not a surprise

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I hope Kane comes back and is healthy, its been so awesome to watch him play, hope to see more of it

TommyDangles

Jun 18, 2021
That would be a very surprising thing. Would love it personally as a hawks fan. We will see.
Honestly it makes a lot of sense. He's pretty close to breaking the point record. I've heard that was one of his goals a few years ago. He's already won a cup. It's not like he's ring chasing. Bedard & Kane would be fun.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad