Speculation: Snow, Weight to Remain With the Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Correct, but VGK had an unfair advantage as an expansion team which makes it easy for them to get 12 wins in 1 year. The NYI/Snow have had to do a full-fledged 12 year rebuild, so actually Snow has done pretty well averaging almost 1 whole playoff game win per year under the circumstances.
Think about this. Since the Easter Epic in 1987, THIRTY ONE years ago, the Islanders have won 3 playoff series. Vegas has matched that in year one.

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
31 years of low payrolls and lowest paid coaches and lowest paid front office. Not expecting much to change for the next three decades. The normal payroll itself won't fix anything.

NewYorkIsles

Jun 30, 2012
Nassau County
Per staple's new article:

Where this leaves Snow, the Isles GM for the previous 12 seasons, is unclear. He and head coach Doug Weight arrived back on Long Island on Monday after spending last week at the World Championships along with Eric Cairns, director of player development, and other front-office staffers. Snow’s contract runs for at least four more years with a steep buyout clause.

Yeesh

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
31 years of low payrolls and lowest paid coaches and lowest paid front office. Not expecting much to change for the next three decades. The normal payroll itself won't fix anything.

Islanders a cap ceiling team. Yet again, you try to throw misinformation out there. The problem is whom snow is doling money too, not the lack of it.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Next is weight. Dont think hes going to make it as coach. Different role in organization.

I think he can make it as a head coach . First he needs to go lead the Missouri Mavericks for 5 years and then go up from there. Go check out Cappy. He has some resume in the minors from head coach to GM .

aronjudge11

Jul 2, 2017
Islanders a cap ceiling team. Yet again, you try to throw misinformation out there. The problem is whom snow is doling money too, not the lack of it.
Isles have been in the bottom of payrolls probably 20 years out of the last thirty. We are talking about thirty years not just since you started following

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Isles have been in the bottom of payrolls probably 20 years out of the last thirty. We are talking about thirty years not just since you started following

So uh yeah, no, I'm probably older that you. I also know his name is Aaron.

You said they have been low payroll for 30, now agreeing to a 3rd less.

Please please do some serious research before spewing garbage. Maybe run to Mommy aka the mods again

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island

You can’t compare the teams financial situation now and in the future with new owners/arena, to a time when Charles Wang was holding the franchise hostage to build his Mega city lollll.

Since the new guys have taken over they have been at or near the ceiling.

It hasn’t been paying players problem the last few seasons it’s been paying the wrong players. The team will have hard time adding any players this offseason because they’ve spent too much too recklessly.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Think about this. Since the Easter Epic in 1987, THIRTY ONE years ago, the Islanders have won 3 playoff series. Vegas has matched that in year one.

Wow 31 years ago. I spent the entire game at the Hicksville Ground Round. Wow only 3 playoff series wins. Wow we truly are a sorry ass franchise. Wow.

LGI

Wow

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
According to Jean-Charles Lajoie, a Montreal radio host, Lamoriello is about to fire Doug Weight and all his assistants. He said he has his sources and he has no reason to doubt them. He added that the announcement will be made in the coming days. He also added that Garth Snow may remain officially the GM, but in fact it will be Lamoriello who will now make all the decisions. I can always put you the link, but it's in French. Lajoie made the announcement while he was talking to Mike Bossy. The latter was unaware of what was going on among the Islanders. Personally, I don't know if Jean-Charles Lajoie is really credible with his sources, all I know is that he is a popular radio host here in Montreal, but I am very curious to see if what he said today will prove true. We'll see!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
According to Jean-Charles Lajoie, a Montreal radio host, Lamoriello is about to fire Doug Weight and all his assistants. He said he has his sources and he has no reason to doubt them. He added that the announcement will be made in the coming days. He also added that Garth Snow may remain officially the GM, but in fact it will be Lamoriello who will now make all the decisions. I can always put you the link, but it's in French. Lajoie made the announcement while he was talking to Mike Bossy. The latter was unaware of what was going on among the Islanders. Personally, I don't know if Jean-Charles Lajoie is really credible with his sources, all I know is that he is a popular radio host here in Montreal, but I am very curious to see if what he said today will prove true. We'll see!

Every year a radio host in Montreal claims to know something about the Islanders and it is always false.

I’ll see it when I believe it, but no one except Lou knows what he’s going to do in my opinion.

Mavericknyc1980

Jul 14, 2006
That’s disappointing was really hoping for Hunter to come here.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/doug-weight-et-tous-ses-adjoints-seraient-sur-le-point-detre-congedies/

Gosh...You have to read some of this. It seems to make sense, but when you use Google translate it's both harsh and funny...

• According to some sources close to the record, the Players Association would put a lot of pressure on Tavares to sign a $ 15 million contract per season (for 8 years). It would raise the NHL pay scale with a snap ...
  • Jean-Charles Lajoie has released exclusive information in the last hours ( on 91.9 Sports ). Which allowed him to learn, Doug Weight and all his assistants would be about to be fired by Lamoriello. We would talk in hours or days at most. The housekeeping would come to the side of Long Island / Brooklyn ...
  • "If my information is correct, and I have no reason to believe that it is not, Lou Lamoriello is preparing the household on Long Island. Will survive in principle, and I say in principle, valiantly tabled, Garth Snow, who basically had extended his hand to the son of Lamoriello by offering him a job. So it would be a bit indecent to sacred him out too."
  • It should also be understood that the contract of Garth Snow would have several clauses making his dismissal difficult and risky for Isles.
  • According to reports by host Jean-Charles Lajoie on 91.9 Sports , and citing inside information, a large household is about to begin in New York and head coach Doug Weight and all his deputies would go into the wringer.
  • If Snow is not thanked for his duties, it would be, according to several sources, because of his contract that holds several clauses suicide for the organization. If all goes according to plan, Snow would suddenly become a puppet of management.

Oh let it all be true...

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
http://www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/doug-weight-et-tous-ses-adjoints-seraient-sur-le-point-detre-congedies/

Gosh...You have to read some of this. It seems to make sense, but when you use Google translate it's both harsh and funny...

• According to some sources close to the record, the Players Association would put a lot of pressure on Tavares to sign a $ 15 million contract per season (for 8 years). It would raise the NHL pay scale with a snap ...
  • Jean-Charles Lajoie has released exclusive information in the last hours ( on 91.9 Sports ). Which allowed him to learn, Doug Weight and all his assistants would be about to be fired by Lamoriello. We would talk in hours or days at most. The housekeeping would come to the side of Long Island / Brooklyn ...
  • "If my information is correct, and I have no reason to believe that it is not, Lou Lamoriello is preparing the household on Long Island. Will survive in principle, and I say in principle, valiantly tabled, Garth Snow, who basically had extended his hand to the son of Lamoriello by offering him a job. So it would be a bit indecent to sacred him out too."
  • It should also be understood that the contract of Garth Snow would have several clauses making his dismissal difficult and risky for Isles.
  • According to reports by host Jean-Charles Lajoie on 91.9 Sports , and citing inside information, a large household is about to begin in New York and head coach Doug Weight and all his deputies would go into the wringer.
  • If Snow is not thanked for his duties, it would be, according to several sources, because of his contract that holds several clauses suicide for the organization. If all goes according to plan, Snow would suddenly become a puppet of management.

Oh let it all be true...

Here's the thing too, you gotta love this from a fan perspective. This f***ing moron Wang signed Snow to this deal because he thought he would always remain GM. Like he never believed that they would hire another person to make decisions around the team.

Add this to the long list of bonehead moves Wang has done. He didn't keep the Isles on LI, he is the reason they almost moved off of LI.

Reactions: Eberzal

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I take anythinf that comes out of Montreal about the Islanders with a grain of salt. How could they have picked up something that neither Toronto nor Staple has?

Doesn’t add up.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005

Oh let it all be true...

Interesting tidbits.

Most of that is not so far fetched. Weight is on a very short leash, we know about the Wang provisions, and it would not be a surprise if LL were buying a home in the NY area.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Here's the thing too, you gotta love this from a fan perspective. This ****ing moron Wang signed Snow to this deal because he thought he would always remain GM. Like he never believed that they would hire another person to make decisions around the team.

Add this to the long list of bonehead moves Wang has done. He didn't keep the Isles on LI, he is the reason they almost moved off of LI.

I think he was just helping his buddy out by ensuring he'll be employed and/or get a huge payout. I'm annoyed that Malkin and Ledecky didn't have protection from this sort of thing legally (needing certain financial commitments approved by them sort of thing) and if they were, boy did they mess that up.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I think he was just helping his buddy out by ensuring he'll be employed and/or get a huge payout. I'm annoyed that Malkin and Ledecky didn't have protection from this sort of thing legally (needing certain financial commitments approved by them sort of thing) and if they were, boy did they mess that up.
L&M probably figured they could live with Snow and his massive penalty payment. At the time they purchased, the team had made the playoffs in 2015, finally won a round in 2016, so in their eyes things were trending in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad