Speculation: Snow, Weight to Remain With the Organization

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
When the team is firmly entrenched in the league basement at the start of the new year I have an idea: all STH's should print out their tickets to a specific home game, show up that night and we have a garbage can where they can be publicly burned in protest. This may have to be done in Nassau because of logistics.

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
When the team is firmly entrenched in the league basement at the start of the new year I have an idea: all STH's should print out their tickets to a specific home game, show up that night and we have a garbage can where they can be publicly burned in protest. This may have to be done in Nassau because of logistics.
How many STH's are we going to sacrifice?
Oh, the humanity!

Reactions: Instant

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Not mine, but thought this was funny/depressing...

jwrg5qctont01.png

Reactions: Macch

Hunn

Feb 23, 2017
Where as Lamoriello at this point in his career doesn’t need to prove anything to anyone. He is a future hall-of-famer who was instrumental in developing the salary cap CBA. He is easily one of the most influential people in hockey. He’s known as the “Godfather of Hockey” for a reason.
He IS a hall-of-famer (inducted way back in 2009).

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
He no longer has the job so that's simply a matter of semantics no?
From a fan standpoint, yes

From a financial/professional standpoint, no

While not getting a contract renewed is a form of firing, per se, it's not the same as firing someone under contract, eating the remainder of the contract and paying someone else to do the same job

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Wow, did anybody read this? 31 Thoughts: This might be the most difficult NHL Awards race ever - Sportsnet.ca

This could actually be a good reason why Ledecky didn't stay at the podium for the presser! This is a take on it I didn't consider.

6. On the Islanders: I don’t know whether it was a lack of communication, or someone said something they shouldn’t, but it’s clear ownership was not prepared to announce a return for GM Garth Snow and head coach Doug Weight. As owner Jon Ledecky said Monday and re-iterated with a statement Tuesday, “Everyone is under review.” It could be something as simple as Tavares’ decision determining everyone’s fate. But, the organization was not prepared to commit to anyone or anything at this time. Ledecky getting up and leaving the podium was telling. He was not pleased, and, my guess is he didn’t want to say anything that made the situation worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad