Smid's stock after WJC?

• Thread starter Randall Graves*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall Graves*

I only saw the game against the US, in which he was outstanding, but one game doesn't make a player(chris bourque comes to mind) so was Smids play like this most of the tournament? Is his stock up or down, what's his outlook?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
RallyKiller said:
I only saw the game against the US, in which he was outstanding, but one game doesn't make a player(chris bourque comes to mind) so was Smids play like this most of the tournament? Is his stock up or down, what's his outlook?

At this point I don't think a junior tournament reflects much on Smid one way or the other. He's a pro player, and by all accounts looks like he's becoming a very good one. Anaheim got one of the best prospects in the 2004 draft IMO.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Epsilon said:
At this point I don't think a junior tournament reflects much on Smid one way or the other. He's a pro player, and by all accounts looks like he's becoming a very good one. Anaheim got one of the best prospects in the 2004 draft IMO.

Pretty much says it all.

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
He has used the last two WJC's to display his excellent patience with the puck. He is not afraid to rush up the ice. However, he has failed to quell any hopes of developing into a power-play quarterback. But an excellent X's and O's player!

My guess is that scouts think he is exactly on course with how he was projected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->