Smaller Promotions Discussion (MFC, Dream, Sengoku, Invicta, ect)

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
i find it very hard to believe that Shamrock couldn't finish Kimbo off with that sub attempt. i mean, damn ...pretty much anyone could have finished him off from that position, let alone a vet like Shamrock. i know his best days are behind him, but still.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I don't know, it seems like an odd fight to have a fix for. I just think Kimbo is a strong dude and Shamrock is an old man.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Since this is the small promotions thread and we are already talking about Kimbo, I highly recommend the documentary Dawgfight. It's on Netflix and goes deep into the backyard fights with Kimbo, Dada 5000, etc.

the pen is mightier

Apr 24, 2012
Edmonton
With MFC no longer being active, two of their former fighters will be meeting for what would have been the lightweight title fight on April 22 in Edmonton. Tom Gallicchio and Andrew McInnes.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Benson Henderson made his Bellator debut tonight and it didn't go so well. It was a one-sided beatdown by Koreshkov. 50-45 across the board but there really could have been one or two 10-8's in there. Bendo got dropped a few times in the fight.

Koreshkov had the size advantage but it was still a really good performance. He stuffed every takedown and did whatever he wanted in there.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Proved once again at Benson has no business at welterweight, just not big and strong enough. But, win win for Bellator, Koreshkov just got a huge boost, and Benson can go down and work for a LW title fight.

Also, you could tell Jimmy Smith had a problem with how Bellator hyped Benson over Andrey. He really dug into Benson and shrugged off anything decent Bendo did in the fight. Joe Rogan-lite needs to tone it down.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Mayhem Miller weighs in 24 pounds overweight for his Venator middleweight fight.. This guy seriously shouldn't be fighting.. Sad at this point.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
Mayhem Miller weighs in 24 pounds overweight for his Venator middleweight fight.. This guy seriously shouldn't be fighting.. Sad at this point.
Maybe they told him 84 kilograms and Mayhem's team botched the math? Completely ridiculous.

... but dropping your shorts in hopes they weigh 24 pounds + asking, "1 hour? I've got 1 hour?"

Classic. Well done.

member 51464

So does the guy who made weight get to still fight and just get more of the purse, or is it just called off?

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
The promotion gave Luke Barnatt another opponent for the promotion's 185 Belt.

And Mayhem got another opponent at 205
On paper, that looked like a solid "smaller promotion" card. I wish I actually read the mayhem articles when they came out, instead of laughing and moving on. I wonder if it was a publicity stunt to promote the card.

Link to results.
Miller, Luke Barnatt, Palhares, Che Mills, Sokoudjou, Hamill
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...simar-palhares-loses-via-knockout-mayhem-gets

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
On paper, that looked like a solid "smaller promotion" card. I wish I actually read the mayhem articles when they came out, instead of laughing and moving on. I wonder if it was a publicity stunt to promote the card.

Link to results.
Miller, Luke Barnatt, Palhares, Che Mills, Sokoudjou, Hamill
http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/2...simar-palhares-loses-via-knockout-mayhem-gets

It's not a publicity stunt, Miller just has serious mental issues and evidently nobody around him is doing anything about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad