WWE: Smackdown LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I hate to say I told you so but...wait no I don't.

Raw is Vince's baby. The WWE Championship will be the #1 title the world title will be the B+ title and this stupid brand split will commence.

Why not add two intercontinental titles as well?

I know it's all written and I get that. But a part of me wishes they had a legit draft. That would have been cool as hell. Real bad ass competition. DB and Shane would have been interesting to go in there and actually draft talent they wanted.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
The thing that keeps getting to me is this: I'm not seeing any kind of unique ideology to each brand, it truly is just a spilt. And this is a mistake to me.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The thing that keeps getting to me is this: I'm not seeing any kind of unique ideology to each brand, it truly is just a spilt. And this is a mistake to me.

Right? At least back in the first split Smackdown was the wrestling show.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
I'm surely remembering why I didn't like the idea, but I've tried to embrace it.

I tried to get into it as well. Hell, they struggle to fill 3 hours of tv with stars. Now they are trying to fill 5 hours of tv with the same amount of stars.

The only way to fix it is by gutting NXT and making it a pile of **** in the process.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ

It's funny, Raw gets the better mid card champ, the cruisers, the tag champs, the top 2 women, the top NXT guy and his friends who leave AJ and probably the main title by Sunday.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I tried to get into it as well. Hell, they struggle to fill 3 hours of tv with stars. Now they are trying to fill 5 hours of tv with the same amount of stars.

The only way to fix it is by gutting NXT and making it a pile of **** in the process.

I can appreciate the idea of there not being 4 John Cena segments on Raw, or 3 Seth Rollins segments on Smackdown. Smaller rosters means more time for more talent, and the same top dogs don't get overplayed and tired.

Well, ideally, anyways.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
WWE fails to realize crowds are smart and crowds want good wrestlers. They were so dumb to have guys like Big Show, Ziggler, and girls like Jax/Natalia. Those are post-show picks. Bring out the stars people want to see. Crowd is still cheering for her.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012

So maybe I'm just digging too deep, but look at Rusev and Miz, what do we know about them?

- Rusev is a better wrestler
- Miz has more of a name
- Rusev can be very funny, but usually in short bursts, a good one liner, the TV title thing he did
- Miz can handle a longer segment on TV and still be entertaining (Miz TV obv)

So you draft Rusev to the 3 hour brand with more wrestlers and Miz to the 2 hour brand with fewer wrestlers? Is this not backwards?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

NXT will be fine I think, it's what they do.

I think there was just better options to give people more air time.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
4 announcers is overkill.
I actually think it's worked well. I mean Sexton is still useless. It's still basically 3 commentators. But Cole has been picking his spots better imo. He's coming off much more like the company spokesperson rather than lead commentator, which I think is a good thing for everyone

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You know you ****ed up when the crowd turns on this match, and chants for Bayley.

The reaction for American Alpha should disspell any notion that a 'main roster crowd' wouldn't know who someone in NXT is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->