WWE: Smackdown Live Part 16: The Fabulous era...cancelled by powerhungry DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Wouldn't it be cheaper to just have one show a week rather than 3. 2 of which are filmed the same night and probably don't do as well as RAW

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
That's not even a big arena to justify funneling the crowd onto one side. It must also be great crowd interaction to look at a bunch of empty seats to look at the hard cam too.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
There's no point in going to these small towns for TV. What incentive is there? The crowds are absolutely awful. Why go to towns that can't fill half the building when you can put 12,000 in a large town?

It is way better live when you're there. The go-home show for Wrestlemania, I got to be at and was on the floor and I thought the show was great. Then I saw people saying the show sucked and the crowd was dead, which it never was. Muting the crowd doesn't help either.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
dayton used to be a HUGE wrestling town...there's a reason ECW went there so much...this is more a stance on a) ticket prices b) the product being produced right now

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
As someone said the town appears to be losing population. Yet it hosts the "first four" NCAA tournament games every year. Maybe it's just a college town now and wrestling is no longer cool.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Obviously they make more money than the cost to run them.

Yeah but that may only go as far as the TV deal does. As far as I'm concerned the split is still in their best interest even if it is a pure money thing. From a talent perspective, only having to be on one show a week keeps you fresher and it takes longer for your character to go stale. Whether the product sucks or not, that's still a good thing regardless.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It's good for the company and talent all around. The only ones who complain are the message board posters who want more variety.

WWE is making more money with unique travelling main roster groups, it's a big deal when an opposite brand star randomly appears (see: Rollins, Vancouver) and the talents are only working four day loops rather than five.

Last edited:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
Keeping talent on one show is irrelevant either way as they still have to travel thousands of miles whether its to TV or house shows.

If they didn't have a 2nd TV show they'd just add an additional house show day. (which makes less money than a TV show obv)

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Keeping talent on one show is irrelevant either way as they still have to travel thousands of miles whether its to TV or house shows.

If they didn't have a 2nd TV show they'd just add an additional house show day. (which makes less money than a TV show obv)

It's not irrelevant because preventing overexposure of your talents is very relevant to how successful they will be in the long term. I don't disagree that it's not going to matter to their travel schedule but it does matter to their money making potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad