WWE: Smackdown Live 22 - Life after Mania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Keep embarrassing yourself by misusing terms and pretending like you know what you're talking about. lol
I'm really not embarrassing myself. We're talking about opinions. You just think your opinion is fact when it's not.

This is like me saying yellow is my favourite colour and brown is ugly. And you snarling back that brown is objectively the best colour known to life. No man, that's subjective.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm really not embarrassing myself. We're talking about opinions. You just think your opinion is fact when it's not.

This is like me saying yellow is my favourite colour and brown is ugly. And you snarling back that brown is objectively the best colour known to life. No man, that's subjective.

You actually are because you think that worker means the entirety of a wrestling character when that is being judged when it's not. When judging a worker, it is simply about a person's ability to perform a match. Not their promos and anything outside of what they do from bell to bell. That's not a matter of opinion.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I think most of the IWC considers "good worker" as good in the ring only. But saying someone is a good worker is something wrestlers say about each other because they actually know if someone is a "good worker" aka someone good/safe to work with. When IWC people say it, it's usually to just make themselves sound smart.
Yes and no. Traditionally, it's knowing how to entertain the audience, how to tell a story. Just being a spot monkey does not make you a good worker. Ember Moon (IMHO) is a decent worker, good moveset, but I struggle with her in ring storytelling, with her ability to get a story across. It seems to be common in the women's division though, not sure if its how their matches are being scripted or what, but it's hard to buy into.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You actually are because you think that worker means the entirety of a wrestling character when that is being judged when it's not. When judging a worker, it is simply about a person's ability to perform a match. Not their promos and anything outside of what they do from bell to bell. That's not a matter of opinion.
It literally is. Wrestlers have referred to workers when talking about the complete package in documentaries and books. Sure "worker' is more towards in ring in the IWC, but there's literally no definition book. And LOL @ the general IWC anyway. Like you're seriously crying, name calling, and getting worked up over a definition. How ridiculous is that?

You're mad because I think Ember is mediocre. Who cares? She can't tell a story and her character work, in ring, which is still ring work if you want be that stubborn, is non-existent.

My opinion doesn't need to yours. Settle down.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It literally is. Wrestlers have referred to workers when talking about the complete package in documentaries and books. Sure "worker' is more towards in ring in the IWC, but there's literally no definition book. And LOL @ the general IWC anyway. Like you're seriously crying, name calling, and getting worked up over a definition. How ridiculous is that?

You're mad because I think Ember is mediocre. Who cares? She can't tell a story and her character work, in ring, which is still ring work if you want be that stubborn, is non-existent.

My opinion doesn't need to yours. Settle down.

It literally is not. Definition of words even when it comes to business lingo or slang are not matters of opinion. When wrestlers referred to workers, they're referring to their ability to perform in the ring. That's not just IWC and crap on IWC when you're a part of it anyway. If you're going to talk about something and you're going to talk about something with conviction while treating everyone else like a joke, you damn sure better get the definition right or you will get called out on that sort of idiocy. You are flat out wrong about the definition of the word worker and thus it invalidates your opinion on what a better or worse worker is.

So why don't you settle down spouting off at the mouth on a subject you clearly have no grasp of? You can't even get a simple word's definition right and you're going to try and treat people like the joke that you are? Hilarious.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
For me personally, I tend to related "worker" with in ring ability, but that begs another question in my head I guess, is that I also put a lot of emphasis of being able to tell a story in the match, and also in ring psychology when it comes to being a good "worker." Do people include that as well, or do they usually keep that separate and focus on "worker" as the ability to perform moves in the ring?

Also, no one hugged it out. Disappointing.

Reactions: The Apologist

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
For me personally, I tend to related "worker" with in ring ability, but that begs another question in my head I guess, is that I also put a lot of emphasis of being able to tell a story in the match, and also in ring psychology when it comes to being a good "worker." Do people include that as well, or do they usually keep that separate and focus on "worker" as the ability to perform moves in the ring?

In-ring psychology is involved.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
tenor.gif

I really hope they push him soon. Jobbing clean to face Roode (heel Roode is awesome) sucks.

Reactions: Fro and Natey

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
It literally is not. Definition of words even when it comes to business lingo or slang are not matters of opinion. When wrestlers referred to workers, they're referring to their ability to perform in the ring. That's not just IWC and crap on IWC when you're a part of it anyway. If you're going to talk about something and you're going to talk about something with conviction while treating everyone else like a joke, you damn sure better get the definition right or you will get called out on that sort of idiocy. You are flat out wrong about the definition of the word worker and thus it invalidates your opinion on what a better or worse worker is.

So why don't you settle down spouting off at the mouth on a subject you clearly have no grasp of? You can't even get a simple word's definition right and you're going to try and treat people like the joke that you are? Hilarious.
You still just continue to flame. Does that make you feel good? You can keep going, but man I don't understand how someone can be so angry with their lives that they need to flame people constantly. If you need some help, we can call someone. And no, not Road Dogg.

Is acting not part of their work? Is telling a story not park of their work? Is promos not part of they work?

Oh no, they do that all for free. :laugh:

Oh and no, they weren't referring to just ring work, they are talking about everything, thanks.

I've never treated anyone like a joke. I made a sarcastic post because my feelings about Ember are clearly known. And you've just went off calling me names and pretending like you're the be all end all of wrestling.

Ember is mediocre. It's subjective. End of story.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

In ring psych is a huge part of being a good worker.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Holy smokes. You realize wrestling has predetermined results, right? You realize wrestling is entertainment/art and that stuff is well... subjective, right?

Also, worker is defined by combining in-ring work, acting work, promo work... the whole package.

Ember is not objectively better. In your opinion, she is. In mine, she is not.

You can keep attacking me if that makes you feel better though. :heart:
Worker is defined by in-ring ability. That why you always hear that Natalya is a great worker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->