Slovakia worried about playing Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think saying they are worried is putting some heavy spin on it. They're realistic and admit the other team is the best in the tournament, so they will have to play their absolute best to win.

High flyin' Habs*

Belive me when I say that all of you would be worried to play hockey's superpower Canada. Slovakia is very lucky that Blake, Pronger and Jovo aren't playing.

monkey_00*

Before we Canadian fans get too cocky about how great our team is there is one team still left in this little tourney that we have to watch out for and they being the Czechs.......in the last game and a half they have really come on strong after their slow start.......I'm not a betting man but If I were to select a team that Canada will be facing in the Finals it would be the Czechs.........BUT before we get to the Finals we have to get by the Slovaks and even though on paper Canada is the superior hockey team let's not forget that anything can happen in a 1-game showdown.....their Goalie could have the game of his life combined with Canada coming out FLAT thinking that this will be an EASY game and there lies the danger........at this stage of the tourney Canada cannot take any team lightly........they have to come out full force like they have in all their 3-games previous........they should play everyone the same way.

Cheers!~

monkey_00

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
I'm likely wrong, but if Canada wins, and the Czechs are also triumphant, wouldn't Canada be playing them in the first crossover, while Finland plays the Russia/USA winner?

PapaBear*

is jagr playing for the czechs?

what are their lines does anyone know? i thought they had alot of players missing.

littleHossa

Apr 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
The Czechs are alright, they could beat Sweden. Jagr along with Hejduk, Elias, Havlat are all on the team. They've all been pretty cold until the Germany game however. We'll see how they respond in the quarter-final.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
hehe so many cocky peeps in this thread!

All the teams coming from the european pool can kick Canadas ass in one single game. Of course Canada will be the favourite against anyone, but it is nothing new if any of these 3 teams beat them. Sweden beat them in Salt Lake City, Finland and Czech beat them in Nagano...

Of course they are favourites but there is no need for this silly thread where every canadian comes to flex their muscles saying "Of course they are scared hahaha!"

Masao

Nov 24, 2002
masaohf.atspace.com
psycho_dad said:
Of course they are favourites but there is no need for this silly thread where every canadian comes to flex their muscles saying "Of course they are scared hahaha!"

:lol :lol

*thinks of a canadian in boxers flexing his muscles in front of the mirror saying "Of course they are scared hahaha!"*

:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->