Slovakia Relegated - What Happened?

JVR

HeadHitsAreNotIllega
Jul 17, 2002
Visit site
Well, doesnT' look good for my Germans.
I rate the Swiss U20 higher than the German team but maybe will and fighting spirit will prevail.

If not then they they deserve to get relegated, simple as that.

BCCHL inactive

IMO. each of these four teams is capable of beating eachother in any given game at any level. They all belong in the U20 and its a shame we need to have two of them missing every other year.

Kazakstan, Denmark, France and Norway are all a step below.

The tournament needs 12 teams, or perhaps the relegated and promoted teams should have a tournament in the summer to determine which teams are ACTUALLY promoted and relegated.

You can't have a tournament in the summer. Players need an off-season.

You might get your wish on the 12 teams though.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/juniors/article.jsp?content=20070103_093845_4520

Tervin

Nov 20, 2006
My mistake. Check the edited post.

Nonetheless, if it's a three-way tie (Belarus, Germany and Slovakia), then head-to-head results are no longer the deciding factor. (In this scenario, Germany would have beaten Slovakia, Slovakia would have beaten Belarus and Belarus would have beaten Germany. It's a wash.) So it comes down to goal differential in games involving the tied teams. It's an lot of "ifs" but no one is mathematically eliminated yet. Switzerland is assured of not being relegated; that's the only definite of the relegation round.

Not even, Switzerland could still be relegated. If Belarus wins their last game and Germany beats the Swiss by 5, they are out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad