Slovakia is still alive!!

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
They are kicking Belarus butt 7-0 in the third right now..

which means the Swiss-Germany game this afternoon will determine everything.

If the Germans win, the Swiss and Germans will stay with the big boys next year.
If Switzerland wins, the Swiss and Slovakia will stay with the big boys.

wow.. quite the turn of events! :eek:

Bryzga lol*

What a dissapointment that would be if Germany was demoted to Division 1, after beating the US and all...

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
They are kicking Belarus butt 7-0 in the third right now..

which means the Swiss-Germany game this afternoon will determine everything.

Honestly how many of you would have thought this game would be the benchmark for the tournament? Going in I figured the final game would determine everything. Shows what I know. ;)

QcS

Sep 13, 2003
au Québec!
Visit site
why some people feel the urge to post even when they have absolutely nothing to say, i'll never understand.
:dunno:

The relegation round IS of interest to some people.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
why some people feel the urge to post even when they have absolutely nothing to say, i'll never understand.

I agree, it matters to alot of people whether their country gets relagated, because then they have to spend a year worth of players trying to get back into the Tourny

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta

Take a pill. I was just pointing out the absurdity in which a regulation game was "determining everything".
That to me is equivalent to the soccer world's interest in Canada playing Costa Rica in a World Cup qualifying game.

Skylab

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatoon
Visit site
I was just pointing out the absurdity in which a regulation game was "determining everything".

That game does determine everything relative to who is relegated, which is what was clearly implied in the original post. Just like the bronze medal game will determine everything relative to who finishes third, etc.

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
That game does determine everything relative to who is relegated, which is what was clearly implied in the original post. Just like the bronze medal game will determine everything relative to who finishes third, etc.

Fair enough.
Enough said.

One last comment:

"A report that the world junior championship will go to 12 teams in 2008 was played down by a Hockey Canada official who wished to remain anonymous. The report indicated the IIHF would likely decide at meetings in May to allow all 10 teams in the tournament now to remain, and add Denmark and Kazakhstan, who won the Pool B titles. But the Hockey Canada official said there had been "minor backroom talk" about the issue and was not sure how far the idea would get in May."

Jazz

..... "A report that the world junior championship will go to 12 teams in 2008 was played down by a Hockey Canada official who wished to remain anonymous. The report indicated the IIHF would likely decide at meetings in May to allow all 10 teams in the tournament now to remain, and add Denmark and Kazakhstan, who won the Pool B titles. But the Hockey Canada official said there had been "minor backroom talk" about the issue and was not sure how far the idea would get in May."
Is there a link for this?

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
wow, Switzerland scores again and leads 5-3 with less than 4 minutes left.. looks like Germany is indeed the one that would go down.

Btw, i don't get why Czech and Finland play at the same time instead of the other relegation game (played 3 hours before) :shakehead

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Very. Congrats.

Unfortunately, this might stop talk of expanding the tournament to 12 teams.....
It will also mean there wont be any major changes in our U20 structures like if we fell. Our junior system needs a kick in the ***. BIG time.

Jazz

It will also mean there wont be any major changes in our U20 structures like if we fell. Our junior system needs a kick in the ***. BIG time.
I agree with that as well....

Oh well, not good for the sport (both in terms of revamping Slovakia's junior programs for the future and not helping the 2nd tier nations progress by expanding the tournament)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad