Slovakia announces Final Roster (although may change tommorow)

Status
Not open for further replies.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
The final roster so far:

Brankári: Ján Lašák (Moeller Pardubice/ČR), Rastislav Staňa (SK Södertälje/Å véd.), Karol Križan (HKm Zvolen)

Obrancovia: Martin Å trbák (CSKA Moskva/Rus.), Ľubomír ViÅ¡ňovský, René Vydarený (obaja Slovan Bratislava), Richard Lintner (Fribourg Gotteron/Å vajč.), Zdeno Chára (BK Färjestad/Å véd.), Radoslav Suchý (Tatravagónka Å KP Poprad), Ivan Majeský (Sparta Praha/ČR), Dominik Graňák (Slavia Praha/ČR)

Útočníci: Žigmund Pálffy, Jozef Stümpel (obaja Slavia Praha/ČR), Miroslav Å atan (Slovan Bratislava), Pavol Demitra, Marián Hossa, Marián Gáborík (vÅ¡etci Dukla Trenčín), Michal HandzuÅ¡, Richard Zedník, Vladimír Országh (vÅ¡etci HKm Zvolen), Marcel Hossa (Mora IK/Å véd.), ĽuboÅ¡ Bartečko (Dinamo Moskva/Rus.), Peter Pucher (ZnojemÅ¡tí Orli Znojmo/ČR), Juraj Å tefanka (HC Vítkovice/ČR), Branko Radivojevič (HS Lulea/Å véd.)

Obsut, Stehlik and Nagy cut as Nagy was injured in todays game :shakehead :( .
BUT he will undergo medical tests and still may go to Austria and replace one of the attackers.

Its HORRID Marcel Hossa made the team. He just sucked today.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
kmad said:
What led to Obsut being cut? He was your 2nd best defenseman at the world cup behind Chara
Dont know really. He didnt play a bad game or make any mistakes like Lintner. Id take him over Vydareny to be honest.

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
Wow! The Slovaks took Vydareny over Obsut?!
Even with the leftie/rightie issue, that makes no sense to me. Obsut is an okay dman while Rene V is an adventure in his own zone...sort of a Bret Hedican, but with zero hockey sense.
Bizarre.

espo*

Some might say Bret Hedican does'nt have a lot of hockey sense either.

Cono

Oct 17, 2004
Turku
Útočníci: Žigmund Pálffy, Jozef Stümpel (obaja Slavia Praha/ČR), Miroslav Å atan (Slovan Bratislava), Pavol Demitra, Marián Hossa, Marián Gáborík (vÅ¡etci Dukla Trenčín), Michal HandzuÅ¡, Richard Zedník, Vladimír Országh (vÅ¡etci HKm Zvolen), Marcel Hossa (Mora IK/Å véd.), ĽuboÅ¡ Bartečko (Dinamo Moskva/Rus.), Peter Pucher (ZnojemÅ¡tí Orli Znojmo/ČR), Juraj Å tefanka (HC Vítkovice/ČR), Branko Radivojevič (HS Lulea/Å véd.)

That "Útočníci" is scary. Why there`s not Martin Bartek? Was he even close to get to the team?

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
great offence again this year :)

I have hopes the D will do well , i dont know how everyone performed this year trough .

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
Just a guesswork lineup, to see what each line looks like:

Satan - Demitra - Palffy
Gaborik - Stumpel - Hossa
Orszagh - Handzus - Zednik
Bartecko - Pucher - Radivojevic

That's maybe the best forward group of all the national teams.

If they pair up Chara with a real defenceman instead of Lintner and if Lasak plays as well as he usually does in international tourneys, Slovakia could win gold!

Hassan

Apr 18, 2005
Looks tough. I'd say Slovakia has the best team on peper, but we'll see...

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
Ismellofhockey said:

Satan - Demitra - Palffy

If they pair up Chara with a real defenceman instead of Lintner and if Lasak plays as well as he usually does in international tourneys, Slovakia could win gold!
the best ? hardly and how do you figure ?

Canada lines up with
Gagne - Thornton - Nash
Smyth - Morrison - Heatly
Maltby - Draper - Doan
Fisher - Marleau - Morrow

Slovakia isnt even close when it comes to line composition. Sure they have a few flashy floaters, but thats it.

dr

DR

Ismellofhockey

Mar 31, 2002
Visit site
DR said:
the best ? hardly and how do you figure ?

Canada lines up with
Gagne - Thornton - Nash
Smyth - Morrison - Heatly
Maltby - Draper - Doan
Fisher - Marleau - Morrow

Slovakia isnt even close when it comes to line composition. Sure they have a few flashy floaters, but thats it.

dr

DR

Those "flashy floaters" as you put it have more firepower than Canada and are certainly well suited to the bigger ice. They have also played all year unlike a few of our guys. Slovakia's third line is also very impressive IMO and at least on par with Maltby, Draper and Doan because none of those guys have played this year IIRC. Zednik is a playoff monster and Handzus ain't bad either in big games. Orszagh hasn't been in the playoffs but he's a gritty player who should do well under pressure.

So that's how I figure they're among the best in the tournament, which if you'll notice is all I was saying.

Crossroads*

Ismellofhockey said:
Those "flashy floaters" as you put it have more firepower than Canada and are certainly well suited to the bigger ice. They have also played all year unlike a few of our guys. Slovakia's third line is also very impressive IMO and at least on par with Maltby, Draper and Doan because none of those guys have played this year IIRC. Zednik is a playoff monster and Handzus ain't bad either in big games. Orszagh hasn't been in the playoffs but he's a gritty player who should do well under pressure.

So that's how I figure they're among the best in the tournament, which if you'll notice is all I was saying.

Zednik a playoff monster? Since when?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Crossroads said:
Zednik a playoff monster? Since when?

Why do you always have to single out everything related to the Habs...of everything he wrote in that post, that's the only thing you want to debate?

Jeez.. :shakehead

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Ismellofhockey said:

Satan - Demitra - Palffy

Where Palffy goes, Stumpel goes. So your top six is probably going to be:

Satan - Demitra - Hossa
Gaborik - Stumpel - Palffy

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
King'sPawn said:
Where Palffy goes, Stumpel goes. So your top six is probably going to be:

Satan - Demitra - Hossa
Gaborik - Stumpel - Palffy
Well, the lines yesterday were:

Satan-Stumpel-Palffy
Nagy-Demitra-Hossa

But Nagy is defintely OUT, so I dont know who will now be the 2nd LW.

But you are right: Stumpel-Palffy will be together for sure.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Steveorama said:
Wow! The Slovaks took Vydareny over Obsut?!
Even with the leftie/rightie issue, that makes no sense to me. Obsut is an okay dman while Rene V is an adventure in his own zone...sort of a Bret Hedican, but with zero hockey sense.
Bizarre.
Well, Vydareny made BIG strides to improve his game this year and he is now a reliable D-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->