Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Maybe there will be some surprise. Look for example to year 2014. Maximilian Pajpach was drafted by Colorado Avalanche in 6. round. And he wasn't listed in CSS rankings and he didn't play in WJC U 18 that season. Or Matej Paulovic in 2013. Ditto. He was not in this CSS rankings and then he was drafted in 5. round.

In regards to 98, 99 class, lets be not over-heaped. Sure, there is talent, but lets be clear. They all play only in juniors or even U 18 leagues. That not so special. But in 2 years (1 and 1/2) can a lot happen.

Few years ago there was a lot hype for the draft 2014 here in Slovakia. And we all know, how it ended.

Don't think we have to hype, but I think on a fair basis, they're doing quite well for their age group

Just for comparison, Hertl has 38 pts in 42 games when 16 in U20 Czech, this compares well to Roman (especially), Krivosik and Ruzicka. Yes, tons can happen, but for their age, their development is quite good I'd say

xyzed

Jun 25, 2012
Im just asking someone who really watch these players... nothing more

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
and what do you think about slovak 98, 99 group? Ruzicka, Krivosik, Roman...
Roman is arguably best forward from this group. Big body, really solid two-way abilities, very mature in terms of hockey IQ. Needs to improve his skating (he's no way such a smooth skater as his brother). From my point of view, he was the best Slovak forward at Ivan Hlinka, but he dissapointed me a bit at U17 4 Nations in February. He played solid exhibition game but he went pointless at tournament which just reflected his offensive struggling. On the other hand, he played in one line with two one-dimensional players so he served almost as 3rd defenseman. No surprise then he didn't contribute to offense as he could.

KrivošÃ­k had excellent U17 4 Nations in December, he put up solid stats in U20 Czech League, apparently he bounced back after puzzled 14-15 season. Ružička is decent player, too, kind of same level as KrivošÃ­k, but he's more one-dimensional player.

Anyway 1999 group looks promising. If any of the birthyear should make semifinals at U18 Worlds, 99s have probably the best chance of making it. Still they're going to be underdogs in QF (unless they somehow face Switzerland or whoever...) but their skills and abilities make me slightly optimistic.

However, it's still too soon. 9 months ago I would mention here forward Adam Liška, but judging from this season, his development somehow stops and I do think it's just due to U18 project. We'll see whether he bounces back next season. I wouldn't complain. That just proves that plenty of things may change till next-year U18 Worlds.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
According to ThrashersfanSVK : Ružička is decent player, too, kind of same level as Krivošík, but he's more one-dimensional player.

So, it doesnt look for a 1th round talent. But never say never.

1st round skills, shot, size. No draft compete level.
Ruzicka has higher upside than Roman but...

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
1st round skills, shot, size. No draft compete level.
Ruzicka has higher upside than Roman but...

Luckily the one thing you mentioned he doesn't have is the easiest of the three to work on. Talent is talent though. I wonder though if he is same level talent as Panik, Jurco, Tatar? Though Panik and Jurco have been a little disappointing at the NHL level given their skills.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
So the U18 apparently did well yesterday

http://www.hockeyslovakia.sk/sk/sta...ezentacia-sr-2015-2016?MatchID=87660&Live=yes

Anyone knows the guys on the U19 team? Was this a class C team or not?

I would not say directly, it was a team C. At least team B.

BABIK Boris G
FOLTÃN Frederik G
DANKO Július LD
KOÅ ECKÃ Oliver RD
THEMÃR Adam LD
TRUDMAN Martin LW
KOZIOT Samuel RW
VÃŇA Marián LW
ANDRISÃK Martin RW
KOYŠ Július CE
POKORNÃ Matej RD
TRNKA Tomáš RW
PRAÅ IL Ondrej CE
SPODNIAK Matúš LW
ŢIAK Lukáš LW
MIRO ĽuboÅ¡ RW
Å EFČÃK Simon RD
TRÅ KA Dominik LD
KVOCERA Branislav RD
ROMAN Michal LD
MURÃN Matej CE
LINDEMAN Marek CE

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
I would not say directly, it was a team C. At least team B.

BABIK Boris G
FOLTÃN Frederik G
DANKO Július LD
KOÅ ECKÃ Oliver RD
THEMÃR Adam LD
TRUDMAN Martin LW
KOZIOT Samuel RW
VÃŇA Marián LW
ANDRISÃK Martin RW
KOYŠ Július CE
POKORNÃ Matej RD
TRNKA Tomáš RW
PRAÅ IL Ondrej CE
SPODNIAK Matúš LW
ŢIAK Lukáš LW
MIRO ĽuboÅ¡ RW
Å EFČÃK Simon RD
TRÅ KA Dominik LD
KVOCERA Branislav RD
ROMAN Michal LD
MURÃN Matej CE
LINDEMAN Marek CE

Thanks - going through the names and only checking them in EP, this team looks pretty terrible. Except for Roman and Spodniak. The key players that were on the U18 team are better than all these forwards... I don't know if this is meant to be the case, but if this is the base of what's going to be the U20 team next season, at least in the 1st league, then wow. Guess that lends credence to my post a while back on here where my WJC U20 roster was basically just a bunch of U18 guys, just because I didn't know who else to put in that's older than them.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Thanks - going through the names and only checking them in EP, this team looks pretty terrible. Except for Roman and Spodniak. The key players that were on the U18 team are better than all these forwards... I don't know if this is meant to be the case, but if this is the base of what's going to be the U20 team next season, at least in the 1st league, then wow. Guess that lends credence to my post a while back on here where my WJC U20 roster was basically just a bunch of U18 guys, just because I didn't know who else to put in that's older than them.

Maybe there are no well know names. But it can be, that after half season, Bokros will push some of them to another level.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Slovakia has defeated the Czechs 4-3 at the MS18 in Grand Forks. I have been very impressed with them. They gave Canada a hard time yesterday. It isn't just Ruzicka and Roman. I've been impressed by players like Marian Studenic, Samuel Bucek, Martin Fehervary and Roman Durny. It is nice to see Slovakia is still producing talent that can compete at the elite level.

Interesting also that this roster is so young. Five or six of these guys can play in this tournament next year also, including Ruzicka and Fehervary.

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
Slovakia has defeated the Czechs 4-3 at the MS18 in Grand Forks. I have been very impressed with them. They gave Canada a hard time yesterday. It isn't just Ruzicka and Roman. I've been impressed by players like Marian Studenic, Samuel Bucek, Martin Fehervary and Roman Durny. It is nice to see Slovakia is still producing talent that can compete at the elite level.

Interesting also that this roster is so young. Five or six of these guys can play in this tournament next year also, including Ruzicka and Fehervary.

Did you see the match? Was the gameplay good from SVK? Durny has surprised and filled in well for Hrenak I think, but Krivosik looks to be disappointing with a -7 despite good season in CZE

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Did you see the match? Was the gameplay good from SVK? Durny has surprised and filled in well for Hrenak I think, but Krivosik looks to be disappointing with a -7 despite good season in CZE

I have only been able to see two games. Krivosik was invisible when I watched. But the others I mentioned I really liked. I wish them the best today in their difficult QF versus Sweden.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Cedar Rapids (USHL) drafts two kids from Slovak players today in the draft.

They drafted Samuel Solensky for the 2nd year in a row and I was told he is 100% committed to coming to the USA this year.

Next is a '00 named Martin Fasko-Rudas. I dont know much about him. Any insight?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Cedar Rapids (USHL) drafts two kids from Slovak players today in the draft.

They drafted Samuel Solensky for the 2nd year in a row and I was told he is 100% committed to coming to the USA this year.

Next is a '00 named Martin Fasko-Rudas. I dont know much about him. Any insight?

Dont know much about him. Only 15 years old, with some offensive upside. This season he was very active in U 16 Slovakia national team. 18 points in about 20 games (dont know exactly). I doubt, he will go to USHL next season. Maybe in 17/18. And that also only 50/50 to CHL.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Dont know much about him. Only 15 years old, with some offensive upside. This season he was very active in U 16 Slovakia national team. 18 points in about 20 games (dont know exactly). I doubt, he will go to USHL next season. Maybe in 17/18. And that also only 50/50 to CHL.

He will go to the camp and he will try to make the team.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Thank you for the responses.

Tryout camp is in the 1st week of June. I will let you know if the players are there and if so how they look.

I think Solensky is a lock for the team as they have been after him for a couple years and the team loses a TON of offense to the NCAA next year

hmmsk

Jan 6, 2016
I have only been able to see two games. Krivosik was invisible when I watched. But the others I mentioned I really liked. I wish them the best today in their difficult QF versus Sweden.

He's actually going to Finland now. Apparently the scouts were watching him during the U18s and liked what they saw and placed an offer. Interesting, I did think he didn't have a strong showing but happy to see him moving to a better league

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
He's actually going to Finland now. Apparently the scouts were watching him during the U18s and liked what they saw and placed an offer. Interesting, I did think he didn't have a strong showing but happy to see him moving to a better league

Maybe he had weak U 18 WCH, but they saw them some talent. He is big body, thats a plus for him. Long shot project.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia
I think there's no corellation. First of all, keep in mind that in Europe there's nothing like scouting in youth hockey. Basically, it's rather like agent of player offers him to the team, not vice versa.

He will go to the camp and he will try to make the team.
I doubt Faško-Rudáš will be even in the camp. He's simply not good enough at the moment to play in USHL.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I think there's no corellation. First of all, keep in mind that in Europe there's nothing like scouting in youth hockey. Basically, it's rather like agent of player offers him to the team, not vice versa.

I doubt Faško-Rudáš will be even in the camp. He's simply not good enough at the moment to play in USHL.

USHL teams have an affiliate list. If he impresses at camp in June, he can be affiliated and possibly make the team in the future.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Solensky was cut after tryout camp. USHL teams can only keep 4 imports and unfortunately Samuel was a casualty of this rule.

I havent found out yet if Cedar Rapids retained the rights to Fasko-Rudas yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad