Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Anyone knows the roster of the Slovakian U20 team currently playing in Black Sea Cup in Russia?

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Anyone knows the roster of the Slovakian U20 team currently playing in Black Sea Cup in Russia?

Martin Jendroľ, Oliver KoÅ¡ecký, MaroÅ¡ Surový (HC ‘05 Banská Bystrica), Ján Kožiak, Filip Vidovič (HC Slovan Bratislava), Jozef Klenko, Lukáš König, Leonard Å inkovič (MMHK Nitra), Boris Sadecký (HK Dukla Trenčín), Adrián HoleÅ¡inský, Lukáš Hrušík, Lukáš Michalek (MsHKM Žilina), Matej Florek, Miroslav StruÅ¡ka (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Martin Bodák, Jakub Kyčák (HK SpiÅ¡ská Nová Ves), Christián Michalčin (HC KoÅ¡ice), Jozef Huňa, Matej Paločko (HC Bílí tygři Liberec/ČR), Patrik Maier (Kamloops Blazers /Kan.), Kristián FerleťÃ¡k (Victoria Royals,/Kan.), Patrik Koch (Soo Eagles/USA)

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Martin Jendroľ, Oliver KoÅ¡ecký, MaroÅ¡ Surový (HC ‘05 Banská Bystrica), Ján Kožiak, Filip Vidovič (HC Slovan Bratislava), Jozef Klenko, Lukáš König, Leonard Å inkovič (MMHK Nitra), Boris Sadecký (HK Dukla Trenčín), Adrián HoleÅ¡inský, Lukáš Hrušík, Lukáš Michalek (MsHKM Žilina), Matej Florek, Miroslav StruÅ¡ka (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Martin Bodák, Jakub Kyčák (HK SpiÅ¡ská Nová Ves), Christián Michalčin (HC KoÅ¡ice), Jozef Huňa, Matej Paločko (HC Bílí tygři Liberec/ČR), Patrik Maier (Kamloops Blazers /Kan.), Kristián FerleťÃ¡k (Victoria Royals,/Kan.), Patrik Koch (Soo Eagles/USA)

And is it a full strength team? Any notable absentees?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia

It isn't. According to coaches several players are mising due to high school leaving exams taking place.

There were 4 players at the WJC in Canada who are also eligible for next year (D-men Cernak and Jaros, forwards Bondra and Sukel) and none of them is on the roster.

Neither is top 1997 born goalie Tomek nor the other 1997 born goalie Huska from the u18 team. Also for example Pospisil from the MHL isn't included.

To name just a few. I think this tourney is more to see the players who could play in the u20 team in Slovak Extraliga rather than preparation for the actual WJC (a lot of players who don't end up playing at the WJC play in the project).

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia

Definitely not the best team, there are a lot of absences because of school duties and other things. I guess that the main purpose of this tournament for Slovakia is to try as many players as possible for Orange project.
Notable absences from the top of my head:
96 class - Christián Jaroš, Juraj Šiška, Kristián Pospíšil, Matúš Sukeľ, Maximilián Pajpach, Adrián Sloboda, Ladislav Romančík, Juraj Milý, ...
97 class - Erik Černák, Matej Tomek, Adam Húska, Radovan Bondra, Mário Grman, Peter Valent, Marek Hecl, Andrej Vadovič, ...

edit: And we just lost 2:9 to Russia 1 team :D

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Solenský will stay in Liberec next year and then he will move on to NCAA.
In Tomek's situation, it depends on Zane McIntyre going pro, rumours are that he is likely to sign an ELC with Bruins and go to the AHL. So that opens spot for Tomek.

Yes, JaroÅ¡ and Černák are cousins.

Looks like you are correct on Solensky. I have been told that his advisor was not able to get him out of the contract with Liberec so he wont be coming to the USHL this year.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Hey, I was just wondering if you guys know anything about this guy? Anything would help, thanks!

From what I've heard, he is good skater and puckmover with good vision and he is solid defensively. He has some flaws like taking
unnecessary penalties and sometimes he is selfish.

Last edited:

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
The Slovak roster for the Ivan Hlinka is given below. I was wondering if there are any players of interest amongst the group? I noticed there are five players that play outside of Slovakia.

Dušan Kmec, Samuel Rudy, Tibor Tamáš, Vojtech Zeleňák (HC Košice), Samuel Fereta, Tomáš Hedera, Ján Kožiak, Dominik Vitek (HC Slovan Bratislava), Martin Krempaský, Andrej Leško, Boris Martančík,Rastislav Václav (HK ŠK Poprad), Matej Galbavý, Alex Tamáši (HC 05 Banská Bystrica), Roman Durný, Vladimír Vybíral (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Kamil Ondráš, Marián Studenič (MHKM Skalica), Viliam Čacho, Erik Rajnoha (HK Dukla Trenčín), Jakub Lacka (HK Ružinov 99 Bratislava), Samuel Buček (MMHK Nitra), Martin Bodák (HK Spišská Nová Ves), Kroni Musliu (BK Mladá Boleslav/ČR), Samuel Solenský (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec/ČR), Adam Ružička (HC Pardubice/ČR), Miloš Roman (HC Oceláři/ČR), Matúš Juriga (Djurgarden/Šweden.)

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
The Slovak roster for the Ivan Hlinka is given below. I was wondering if there are any players of interest amongst the group? I noticed there are five players that play outside of Slovakia.

DuÅ¡an Kmec, Samuel Rudy, Tibor Tamáš, Vojtech Zeleňák (HC KoÅ¡ice), Samuel Fereta, Tomáš Hedera, Ján Kožiak, Dominik Vitek (HC Slovan Bratislava), Martin Krempaský, Andrej LeÅ¡ko, Boris Martančík,Rastislav Václav (HK Å K Poprad), Matej Galbavý, Alex Tamáši (HC 05 Banská Bystrica), Roman Durný, Vladimír Vybíral (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Kamil Ondráš, Marián Studenič (MHKM Skalica), Viliam Čacho, Erik Rajnoha (HK Dukla Trenčín), Jakub Lacka (HK Ružinov 99 Bratislava), Samuel Buček (MMHK Nitra), Martin Bodák (HK SpiÅ¡ská Nová Ves), Kroni Musliu (BK Mladá Boleslav/ČR), Samuel Solenský (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec/ČR), Adam Ružička (HC Pardubice/ČR), MiloÅ¡ Roman (HC Oceláři/ČR), Matúš Juriga (Djurgarden/Å weden.)

Patrik Hrehorcak is only on reserve list. A little bit surprise. But he is only 16, he can wait.

ThrashersfanSVK

@Jakub_Homola
Nov 21, 2008
Bratislava, Slovakia

Dušan Kmec, Samuel Rudy, Tibor Tamáš, Vojtech Zeleňák (HC Košice), Samuel Fereta, Tomáš Hedera, Ján Kožiak, Dominik Vitek (HC Slovan Bratislava), Martin Krempaský, Andrej Leško, Boris Martančík,Rastislav Václav (HK ŠK Poprad), Matej Galbavý, Alex Tamáši (HC 05 Banská Bystrica), Roman Durný, Vladimír Vybíral (MHk 32 Liptovský Mikuláš), Kamil Ondráš, Marián Studenič (MHKM Skalica), Viliam Čacho, Erik Rajnoha (HK Dukla Trenčín), Jakub Lacka (HK Ružinov 99 Bratislava), Samuel Buček (MMHK Nitra), Martin Bodák (HK Spišská Nová Ves), Kroni Musliu (BK Mladá Boleslav/ČR), Samuel Solenský (HC Bílí Tygři Liberec/ČR), Adam Ružička (HC Pardubice/ČR), Miloš Roman (HC Oceláři/ČR), Matúš Juriga (Djurgarden/Šweden.)
Huge problem is lack of puck-moving defensemen. Out of this list, only Juriga and Rajnoha (and sometimes Hedera) can move the puck. That's ridiculous, especially taking into account the omission of Žiak and Fehérváry.

I really don't understand why our philsophy (especially in defense) is to take as much tall immobile pylons as possible.

Solenský is interesting. That's pretty much all. I like Rajnoha, Ružička and Roman, too...

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Huge problem is lack of puck-moving defensemen. Out of this list, only Juriga and Rajnoha (and sometimes Hedera) can move the puck. That's ridiculous, especially taking into account the omission of Žiak and Fehérváry.

I really don't understand why our philsophy (especially in defense) is to take as much tall immobile pylons as possible.

Solenský is interesting. That's pretty much all. I like Rajnoha, Ružička and Roman, too...

Bodak can move the puck too.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
From what I've heard, he is good skater and puckmover with good vision and he is solid defensively. He has some flaws like taking
unnecessary penalties and sometimes he is selfish.

Thanks!

ndd17

In Eaves we trust!
Jul 14, 2012
Russia
0:7. I think casualty, nothing more. Summer,sun,sea,beach,etc. It's hard to concentrate on the hockey.

Jakk123

May 6, 2014
Bratislava
0:7. I think casualty, nothing more. Summer,sun,sea,beach,etc. It's hard to concentrate on the hockey.

Funny, the Swiss did not seem to have issues with that. Shots were 32:10 for them. That was (is) a matter of quality, not effort, unfortunately. To be fair, we missed some players and Swiss had their full roster, I think. Still, that was a shameful result.

We won against the Czech B team 3:2ot and lost to the Germans 5:3. Wonderful.

Czechexpert

Jan 23, 2009
Funny, the Swiss did not seem to have issues with that. Shots were 32:10 for them. That was (is) a matter of quality, not effort, unfortunately. To be fair, we missed some players and Swiss had their full roster, I think. Still, that was a shameful result.

Swiss missed several very good players too, Timo Meier, Pius Sutter, Kevin Fiala, Simon Kindschi, Kay Schweri, Noah Rod.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I have had a chance to watch all three of Slovakia's games thus far at the Ivan Hlinka. I think I have been most impressed by Milos Roman. He seems to be a gifted playmaker. He is 1+3 after three games. My favourite of the assists was when he outmuscled the defender behind the net and feathered a beautiful pass to Bucek who was standing in front of the net.

On defence not much to write home about.:) I think Dusan Kmec is 2+1 after three games, and Martin Bodak seems like the workhorse.

Last edited:

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
I have had a chance to watch all three of Slovakia's games thus far at the Ivan Hlinka. I think I have been most impressed by Milos Roman. He seems to be a gifted playmaker. He is 1+3 after three games. My favourite of the assists was when he outmuscled the defender behind in the net and feathered a beautiful pass to Bucek who was standing in front of the net.

On defence not much to write home about.:) I think Dusan Kmec is 2+1 after three games, and Martin Bodak seems like the workhorse.

Yep, Roman plays great and Buček also gets to a lot of scoring chances, but he needs more luck. I'm really excited about this Roman kid, hopefully he will get some chance with Třínec senior team.
Bodák is definitely our best D, Kmec has some great moments, but he also makes a lot of mistakes. And no comment on Zeleňák, very bad.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Slovakia had a total of 5 goals against the Swiss but lost the eight place game in a shootout. Hard to blame a goaltender, but the first goaltender Slovakia used in the shootout basically just stood and watched. Horrible. They replaced him but it was too late.

The first Slovak goal was set up by Villiam Cacho. He had two Swiss players on him but still managed somehow to backhand a pass to Adam Ruzicka who then drilled a shot into the net. The second Slovak goal was all Samuel Bucek, who forced the Swiss defender to cough up the puck and scored on a nice solo effort.

After a Martin Krempasky shot the puck was airborne, and swatted into the net by defenceman Vojtech Zelenak who earlier hit the goal post. The fourth Slovak goal was a terrible rebound given off by the Swiss goaltender after a Martin Bodak shot, easy goal for Jakub Lacka. Finally, a shot from the point by Martin Bodak resulted in a rebound to team captain Samuel Solensky who then scored Slovakia's 5th and final goal.

peto10

Sep 29, 2011
Slovakia
Hlinka Memorial is over sooo, who have a shot to make the WJC roster from this team? Bodák, Solenský, Buček and maybe Roman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad