Slitty's Annual Most Ready RSL Prospects (with commentary)

Espo7

Feb 11, 2007
Vancouver, BC
www.geocities.com
Do you really think theres a chance Chubarov or Koltsov will return to Vancouver? Both would make the starting roster...

Also I noticed you hade Shirokov as honorable mention, how is his development comming? I've read he is willing to possibly learn the North American game in the AHL, any chance of this happening soon?

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Do you really think theres a chance Chubarov or Koltsov will return to Vancouver? Both would make the starting roster...
That is but a question of dollars and cents.

Also I noticed you hade Shirokov as honorable mention, how is his development comming? I've read he is willing to possibly learn the North American game in the AHL, any chance of this happening soon?
Shirokov is comming along quite nicely, the primary reason that I didn't rank him was that I think he is still a season or so away from making the NHL in a purely offensive role and isn't the sort of player who is a whole lot of use on a checking line.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Good read, glad to here there are some Oiler prospects doing good in Russia, Grebs is excepted to play here I think, but I guess Kevin Pendergast said it will take at least another full year before they try to bring Mikhnov back. I think were running out of time with this guy.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Shirokov is comming along quite nicely, the primary reason that I didn't rank him was that I think he is still a season or so away from making the NHL in a purely offensive role and isn't the sort of player who is a whole lot of use on a checking line.

Thanks for the great article. Just one more question on Shirokov - how soft is he, and does he move on the backcheck? I've heard questions regarding his 'softness'.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Thanks for the great article. Just one more question on Shirokov - how soft is he, and does he move on the backcheck? I've heard questions regarding his 'softness'.

He is actually quite stable on his skates for a player of his size, but he remains rather small, and that is one of the primary reasons he would have major trouble in the NHL at this point in time. And yes, he is no defensive stalwart.

fogducker

Jul 26, 2006
slitty Great article! Can you give us canuck fans what shirkov is projected to be in the nhl and what are some comparable players?

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
He is actually quite stable on his skates for a player of his size, but he remains rather small, and that is one of the primary reasons he would have major trouble in the NHL at this point in time. And yes, he is no defensive stalwart.

Thank you very much Slitty. :)

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
slitty Great article! Can you give us canuck fans what shirkov is projected to be in the nhl and what are some comparable players?
A speedy, very technical sniper who will either make the NHL in an offensive role or will not make the NHL entirely.

i see him in the HM, but did the Isles lose Volkov's rights?
To my knowledge, as of the present moment he is still on the Islanders reserve list. :dunno:

dank

Jan 11, 2006
NYC
this may be a silly Q, because he just got drafted last year, but what do you see with Artem Anisimov, drafted by NYR, of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl? any information (since there is a paucity of info) on him would be really appreciated..

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
I think Igor Makarov has already said he will spend one more year in Russia do you think that he will be ready to come over for the 08/09 season?

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
Thanks for all the hard work!

Do you think there's any chance Korolyuk comes over to the NHL to play? I'd pretty much written off any chance of him coming here, but it sounds like you think he could fit in pretty well...

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Any comments on Flyers' prospect Denis Bodrov? Hard to get information on these guys.
He played exclusively on Lada's third and fourth pairings this season. While he is a decent prospect and might just develop into a good defensive blueliner one day, he is still a ways away from being NHL ready.

this may be a silly Q, because he just got drafted last year, but what do you see with Artem Anisimov, drafted by NYR, of Lokomotiv Yaroslavl? any information (since there is a paucity of info) on him would be really appreciated..
As mentioned, he exploded in the RSL playoffs and otherwise didn't look half bad in the limited role he was given during the rest of the season. Anisimov has immense potential to make the NHL, and I would bet on his next season being a breakout one.

I think Igor Makarov has already said he will spend one more year in Russia do you think that he will be ready to come over for the 08/09 season?
Not without doing time in the AHL.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Do you think there's any chance Korolyuk comes over to the NHL to play? I'd pretty much written off any chance of him coming here, but it sounds like you think he could fit in pretty well...
I think the main deterrent for him in terms of coming back to the NHL is that fairly low arbitration contract that he has to honour before he becomes a free agent. In all honesty, if he truly wanted to be back in the NHL, it would have made the most sense for him to play for San Jose during the playoffs and get the unfavourable contract off his shoulders when he was traded to the Sharks last season. Yet, as I understand it, Korolyuk expressing some interest in coming back to the NHL was what sparked the trade in the first place - so returning must at least be on his mind.

rollon

Jun 7, 2005
thanks Slitty.

What do you think of: Anton But, Alexei Shkotov and Alexander Drozdetsky ?

any chances for them to come over?

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->