Slava Trukhno...

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
What are your opinions of him??? Some Oilers fans feel that he could be a darkhorse to make the NHL club next year, does anyone else feel this way, or does he have a long road ahead to get to the NHL (assuming that the Oilers will be healthy and not the shell of a team that they were in their last 20 games). Keep in mind that the Oilers have 2-2003 LW prospects in Robert Nilsson and JF Jacques. Thanks

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
I think it would be better for Slava to spend a year or so in the American league.
Kid has skill, but needs to learn the "pro" side of the game. A year in the AHL with some older players will benefit him a great deal.

D B

Mar 31, 2007
I think he's going to have to spend at least 1 year, maybe more, in the AHL to learn the pro style game.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I think it would be better for Slava to spend a year or so in the American league.
Kid has skill, but needs to learn the "pro" side of the game. A year in the AHL with some older players will benefit him a great deal.

yeah. i agree.

TRVIPERS

Sep 26, 2006
Home of the Jets
What are your opinions of him??? Some Oilers fans feel that he could be a darkhorse to make the NHL club next year, does anyone else feel this way, or does he have a long road ahead to get to the NHL (assuming that the Oilers will be healthy and not the shell of a team that they were in their last 20 games). Keep in mind that the Oilers have 2-2003 LW prospects in Robert Nilsson and JF Jacques. Thanks

I agree, I think that the Oilers will bring him to camp and give him every opportunity to make the team. He has done nothing but improve since coming to America to learn our game.
With 25 goals 77 assists for 102 points in 60 games, he was chosen top left-winger to earn a spot on the First-Team All Star Team this year in the Q.
He has good size and excellent skills,he is a fantastic playmaker, he is very good offensively and also defensively. He can play center or left wing.I think the fact he can play both positions makes him far more versitile, which also may increase his chances of making the team.

HF says †Quote†If the Oilers have a genuine steal on draft day in the last few years, it’s looking like Russian-born Slava Trukhno is it.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
I really wanted Detroit to draft him, especially after seeing him slip to around 125th or so. It's good to see him doing well.

He'll probably be in the AHL for at least a season. It's not uncommon for a great scorer in the CHL to be unable to keep up even in the AHL. Evan McGrath was one of the leading scorers in the OHL a few years ago, and now he has less than 20 points in the AHL. He even got sent down to the ECHL for a few games. It's a different game, and success in the CHL is far from a guarantee that a player will even make it to the NHL.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
It's such a shame that he did not get his Danish citizenship. He would do well on our NT. Since he is a product of Denmark, he should play for us:shakehead

Anyway he a great player, and i think i should get the chance in the NHL next year, but mainly play in the AHL.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
Ignoring the fact that Lowe most likely will try to deal away some prospects this off-season for immediate help, I think Trukhno still has atleast 2 years before making an appearance in the NHL, unless he steals the show.

Nilsson, Jacques, Mikhnov (assuming he comes back to N.A) are the 3 names that come to mind that will be fighting for the vacancies on the wing. Edmonton can not (from a PR standpoint) have too much youth in the line-up next season, so Trukhno will have to basically outplay every prospect through camp to even get considered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->