Slava Trukhno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
He's doing pretty well in the Q this yr (17-14-20-34) with numbers comparable to Radulov's, a guy who is getting some attention on these boards. The Oilers seem to have a very goos system right now, with Trukhno ranked at 19 by HF. What is his upside? Was he a steal in the 4th round? Do you see him making the big club any time soon or even staying in their system?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Someone on the Oilers board said Trukhno is the only player in the QMJHL to get points in every game he's played so far this year.

He's averaging 2 PPG, and has 2 tonight so far.

The only time I saw him was in the U18s last year, and he certainly didn't impress me, but very happy the Oilers got him, let alone where they did.

hossy316

Oct 25, 2003
Kensington, PEI
Visit site
I'm from PEI and I see Trukhno play all the time and IMO the Oilers got one heck of a hockey player. Reminds me a little of Pavel Bure, not quite the skater he was, but everything else is comparable. I was estatic when I saw that the Oilers stole him in later rounds. Some had him going maybe late first, early second rounds, where he should have gone IMO.....

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
hossy316 said:
I'm from PEI and I see Trukhno play all the time and IMO the Oilers got one heck of a hockey player. Reminds me a little of Pavel Bure, not quite the skater he was, but everything else is comparable. I was estatic when I saw that the Oilers stole him in later rounds. Some had him going maybe late first, early second rounds, where he should have gone IMO.....

Anytime I hear that phrase I get a little happy all over.

Marco Corleone

Sep 6, 2004
He's a great set up guy, but when he has an open shot....goddamn take it Slava.

He has a good shot, but likes to pass it off to much.

He will be a NHL player though, no doubt.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
Right now he is pretty much carrying the Rocket offence! With Danny Stewert and hopefully soon to come Anton Skoryk, his numbers may even increase! Tonight he had an off game and didn't play that well at all, but still managed to come up with 2 PP assists! He's not Paval Bure but he is a great skater! I don't think he gets as much attention simply because he doesn't play for a Quebec based club! He was a steal in the 4th round and I think he has the potential to become a Legit Top 6 forward! :yo:

He has developed quite a bit since last year, that maybe why he got drafted so late!

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
I pegged him as a late second or early third rounder myself. I'm surprised by his offensive production this year because his skill set isn't particularly impressive to me, but I really like that he doesn't give up on plays. There was a great moment in a game last year in Moncton where one of PEIs D coughed up the puck at the blueline and one of the Wildcats broke free with a good 20 foot lead for the breakaway. Trukhno nearly tracked him down. The player buried it five-hole on Ryan Mior because, well, everyone scores five hole on Mior it seems, but what impressed me was that Trukhno damn near made up that much time and at least caused a little havoc for the Wildcat player, and put on some pressure.

Jazz

It is too bad he turned is back on Denmark though...

For those that do not know, Slava, while Russian born, has been living with his family in Denmark since he was 5. He is a product of the emerging Danish hockey program, but since the family would go back to Russia every summer for a couple of months, he did not fulfill Danish citizenship requirements of staying in the country for a consecutive number of months. But it appears that playing for Denmark might not have been an option since he did not really pursue the citizenship route.

Hockey is on the way up in Denmark, and Slava could have given the Danish program a shot in the arm if he was able to play for them (he played for Russia at this past year's U18 WC), and the more countries involved in hockey, the better.

Good luck to him in his career though.

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
Jazz said:
It is too bad he turned is back on Denmark though...

For those that do not know, Slava, while Russian born, has been living with his family in Denmark since he was 5. He is a product of the emerging Danish hockey program, but since the family would go back to Russia every summer for a couple of months, he did not fulfill Danish citizenship requirements of staying in the country for a consecutive number of months. But it appears that playing for Denmark might not have been an option since he did not really pursue the citizenship route.

Hockey is on the way up in Denmark, and Slava could have given the Danish program a shot in the arm if he was able to play for them (he played for Russia at this past year's U18 WC), and the more countries involved in hockey, the better.

Good luck to him in his career though.

I heard he had tried to gain Danish citizenship, but there was a lot of red tape. I also feel bad knocking him when after all, these decisions were made before he was even 18. Lot of pressure to put on a kid.

Also, aside from speed, how is a guy who looks to pass first like Bure?

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
MeffyuhTJRest said:
I heard he had tried to gain Danish citizenship, but there was a lot of red tape. I also feel bad knocking him when after all, these decisions were made before he was even 18. Lot of pressure to put on a kid.

Also, aside from speed, how is a guy who looks to pass first like Bure?
I believe he is called the Russian Truk. I haven't seen him play but it shouldn't be fun playing against him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad