Slapshot help

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
So I am 23 and play in a VERY competitive rec league, I'm one of the best skaters in the league, and possess a very good wrist shot, but I cannot take a slapshot for the life of me.

Help. I seem to have no balance while skating into the shot.

Last edited:

mooseOAK*

I think that the key to balance is lifting your back leg a bit to shift the weight backwards so that you feel that you are coming up under the puck.

HansonBro

May 3, 2006
Use this analogy... take a pencil and hold the sharpened end with one hand. With the other hand, use your finger underneath the pencil to create tension and then slide the pencil of that finger slowly and it snaps down....im sure you know what im talking about.

In the case of the slapshot for hockey you need to use the ice as the "tension" part. When taking your slapshot, hit the ice b4 the puck and create as much tension in the stick as possible b4 releasing the shot. thats how you get that good whip out of your stick.

As far as your balance issues go, I would try paying attention to where your bottom hand on your stick is. Try moving it down the stick a bit first. And remember to bend your knees.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->