Skyrim Special Edition - 6 years of arrows to the knees

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
And it'll cost $80 here in Canada... YESSS !w!#!@!@

Yeah, that's a kick in the nads for Canadian Skyrim fans. :(

Also why would you even want this for PC ?

If you can download mods on it and make it slightly better pretty easily for free it's pretty good

I think that's the point of the question, isn't it?

If you already have base Skyrim on PC, you have easy access to a large amount of phenomenal graphics upgrade mods for free. No real reason that I can see to upgrade at all.

On the other hand, for console players, this could be really interesting.

Unless I'm missing some sort of extra content as part of it, I suppose.....

Bit of a side note, but I really hope they fixed the absolutely atrocious loading times they had on PS3/Xbox 360. I watched my friend play it on PS3 and the loading times would've driven me bonkers. :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Still don't know why this is a thing. This better not hold back es6 though

I think relatively quick remasters like this are here to stay.

A lot of players on consoles are looking for more content so repackaging a game is a quick way to do that and make a buck. Plus you have a whole slew of gamers that were maybe 8-10 years old when the game first came out who are now of the age where they'd be playing these games and simply can't unless they went out and got an old console. Also it's more likely that a game from 2011 isn't outdated mechanically to current players so that's another reason to remaster faster.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Yeah, that's a kick in the nads for Canadian Skyrim fans. :(

I think that's the point of the question, isn't it?

If you already have base Skyrim on PC, you have easy access to a large amount of phenomenal graphics upgrade mods for free. No real reason that I can see to upgrade at all.

On the other hand, for console players, this could be really interesting.

Unless I'm missing some sort of extra content as part of it, I suppose.....

Bit of a side note, but I really hope they fixed the absolutely atrocious loading times they had on PS3/Xbox 360. I watched my friend play it on PS3 and the loading times would've driven me bonkers. :laugh:

Yeah. But if you could transfer mods. Or have an even easier way of downloading them no hassle. It's a pretty good deal. Think of it as like a new mod that just makes it slightly better.

My whole problem with this thing is that the should have remastered oblivion or morrowind. Or just not do it at all. Release es6 quicker

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
To my understanding, the console versions of this game will have access to the mods, so that'll be cool.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
To my understanding, the console versions of this game will have access to the mods, so that'll be cool.

It will but what kind

If there's no graphic mods. PC modded would look better without the remaster... And then there's just the survival mods. Which imo is pretty much enough. I doubt they will get beyond skyrim. Sky wind. Etc. which would just add 100+ hours of content

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
LOVED this game when it first came out, but I don't think I would have much interest in playing it again. MAKE SKYRIM 2!!!!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
LOVED this game when it first came out, but I don't think I would have much interest in playing it again. MAKE SKYRIM 2!!!!

Don't make me hate u :laugh:

If you download campfire and frost fall. It is definetly worth one more play through

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Absolutely loved the original. Been waiting for a sequel or something like this.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
It will but what kind

If there's no graphic mods. PC modded would look better without the remaster... And then there's just the survival mods. Which imo is pretty much enough. I doubt they will get beyond skyrim. Sky wind. Etc. which would just add 100+ hours of content

I think the biggest knock against the mods for consoles will be that lack of access to SKSE, which almost all of the major mods require to be used (at least, on PC).

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I think the biggest knock against the mods for consoles will be that lack of access to SKSE, which almost all of the major mods require to be used (at least, on PC).

I'm sure there's something. All I know is if people on Xbox can't have the frost fall mod. This whole thing is worthless

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Yeah. But if you could transfer mods. Or have an even easier way of downloading them no hassle. It's a pretty good deal. Think of it as like a new mod that just makes it slightly better.

My whole problem with this thing is that the should have remastered oblivion or morrowind. Or just not do it at all. Release es6 quicker

The port has been sitting, finished, for a long time now. They ported skyrim to test things for fallout 4. This is just releasing it to the public

I've played it like 4 times now. It's definitely worth another look. Especially with mods

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Loved Skyrim but 80 for a remaster I will wait that out until it's bargain bin material. Would do 80 on a Fallout 3 or New Vegas though

Dogewow

Such Profile
Feb 1, 2015
Everyone wants it. I might go all Emo depression if they don't announce it next year.

They're definitely working on it, and will probably announce it next year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/e3-2016-bethesda-is-working-on-the-elder-scrolls-6

When it comes out is a whole other thing. Just skimmed the article, but it says they want to take their time on ES:6 and have other projects that they're working on and "...will probably hear about those even before Elder Scrolls 6." My guess is probably 2018 release or possibly later. Guess this will have to hold us over till then.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
They're definitely working on it, and will probably announce it next year.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/13/e3-2016-bethesda-is-working-on-the-elder-scrolls-6

When it comes out is a whole other thing. Just skimmed the article, but it says they want to take their time on ES:6 and have other projects that they're working on and "...will probably hear about those even before Elder Scrolls 6." My guess is probably 2018 release or possibly later. Guess this will have to hold us over till then.

Todd Howard's team only works on Fallout and Elder Scrolls. Their cycle is basically one game every four years. They aren't really working on other games, but smaller sub-teams are likely working on things like Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4 DLC.

vdB

Dec 28, 2006
Toronto

I'm with Flyline on this.

Full price for a "remaster" of a game that came out just 5 years ago??? lol, yeah no thanks.

I feel sorry for whoever pays for this. Huge cash grab.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's amazing how much money skyrim made with the fact that it's maybe the most pirated game ever

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
I really wish they did Oblivion instead.

Oblivion would have taken way more work.

This special edition is basically just for console and pretty much adds some new textures and lighting. I doubt this thing took much time or money.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->