Post-Game Talk: Skating back to Winnipeg - Jets 1, Wild 4

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
The losses sting because they were back to back, divisional, and poor efforts. Perfect storm for some sadness.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Hendricks is good for his role if you had been watching the games before when everyone was healthy you would see that.
I am not saying you can't upgrade on him big time. You can and easily. That doesn't mean that he hasn't been relatively effective at his role. I'm really scared after these two recent loss that the Jets might fail to miss the playoffs. Hopefully things still work out.

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
I am not saying you can't upgrade on him big time. You can and easily. That doesn't mean that he hasn't been relatively effective at his role. I'm really scared after these two recent loss that the Jets might fail to miss the playoffs. Hopefully things still work out.
You typo'd that as failing to miss the playoffs means making the playoffs haha

The division and wild card spots are really tight and will be until the end of the season.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Expecting this team to roll over quality opponents like Chi and Minny is foolhardy without Scheif and Lowry. They eat up what, 35 minutes of ice time. Scheif scores and Lowry prevents. PP and PK decimated without them. It's damn impressive they have gone 6-2-1 or whatever since Scheif went down. If they can keep the ship afloat until March and play .500 or greater hockey I will be a happy camper. Getting Lowry back is huge. Break comes at a good time.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
Accurate. Aside from a very select few (mainly Ehlers, Trouba, Little, Helle), the overall performance was garbage. The worrying part is that it was not all about effort, either.

Man, if someone had stated that Adam Lowry's absence would affect us this much at the beginning of the season, nobody would have believed them. Scheifele cannot come back too soon either. The CWL experiment needs to end.

The Jets have played games with Lowry where they've stunk just as much. And Scheifele too. They've also won games without them. That's not the reason.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Not a good game from the Jets but I agree with some points about the team looking gassed (although you could say that about most teams). The break will do the team good, especially if they get Lowry back.

I think Wheeler has done an amazing job with what has been asked of him, but I'm wondering if it would be beneficial if they're going to keep him at C for a while longer until Scheifele is back to maybe get a guy like Perreualt or even Armia on his line to help with the defensive end. Connor and Laine have been ok, but I think having both of those guys is a lot to ask a guy who's not normally a C.

Over these last 2 games is that it seemed like both the Hawks and Wild had pretty good game-plans and pretty much owned the neutral zone. I then watched a little of the Wings and Hawks this weekend and it didn't look like the same Hawks that played us. Every team has ups and downs, but one thing that I think the Jets are experiencing this year probably more than any other is that other teams are now looking at the Jets as a litmus test. I think the Jets are in the position where they are (or have to) learning how to prepare and compete with other teams bringing you their best every night.

Last edited:

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
The Byfuglien thing? It's a very similiar situation I am in. You would praise him at times, but no one would acknowledge those times and just accuse you of having an anti-Byfuglien agenda. I remember that well. It's the same thing right here, I have not defended Dano's game last night at all in this thread.
Yep, I've been at both sides with Jet on the Buff hate -- way too overboard, to where I completely agree. Yet I've seen Jet praise Buff for his good qualities as well. With Dano, I'm of mixed opinions; he seems so productive, yet he has to be lacking something essential to keep being on the outs with coach after coach. I'd like for him to be given a decent chance here & I don't think he has, but I'm starting to see it as being HIS problems (be they on or off the ice) as much as Maurice's hangups. Same with Petan, but there I truly feel its more Maurice's hangups (and his insistence on having a top 6 and bottom 6) that's the problem with Petan going anywhere in this organization, moreso than it is his skill level and his ability to be a competent NHLer. All I can add to this discussion regarding Dano, Holden, is that I have always greatly appreciated your view-points, but I think sometimes you need to back off on your overblown evaluation of Dano.

Reactions: Ippenator

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Expecting this team to roll over quality opponents like Chi and Minny is foolhardy without Scheif and Lowry.

The losses against the Hawks and the Wild are not equivalent. If you are going to lose a game you'd take the way they lost against the Hawks any day. The wild game is another story though, that was quite possibly the 2nd or 3rd worst game they have played all season. We looked like the Ottawa Senators in our beatdown of that team. That kind of loss is not acceptable regardless of the injuries or the circumstances.

Reactions: GNP

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The losses against the Hawks and the Wild are not equivalent. If you are going to lose a game you'd take the way they lost against the Hawks any day. The wild game is another story though, that was quite possibly the 2nd or 3rd worst game they have played all season. We looked like the Ottawa Senators in our beatdown of that team. That kind of loss is not acceptable regardless of the injuries or the circumstances.
What do you make of the effort then? It's not like any of them really played well, hard to blame the youth looking forward to the break and not showing up when it was all of them, save a small handful.

Seems like we say these things after every game they mail in, Habs, Panthers, first Isles game, first Hawks game. I think it's just part of a young team learning to play game in game out, all season. It's a tall order but I'm confident the leadership on the team will hold everyone, including themselves accountable. They've seemed to be able to bounce backs from shit shows like this all season, which is a big change from seasons past.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
It was a much worse effort, but perhaps to be expected given their relative shortage up front and playing on less than 24 hour turnaround.

I was disappointed, but not that surprised.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
It was a much worse effort, but perhaps to be expected given their relative shortage up front and playing on less than 24 hour turnaround.

I was disappointed, but not that surprised.

Exactly... we cant win them all when missing two centers...

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
What do you make of the effort then? It's not like any of them really played well, hard to blame the youth looking forward to the break and not showing up when it was all of them, save a small handful.

Seems like we say these things after every game they mail in, Habs, Panthers, first Isles game, first Hawks game. I think it's just part of a young team learning to play game in game out, all season. It's a tall order but I'm confident the leadership on the team will hold everyone, including themselves accountable. They've seemed to be able to bounce backs from **** shows like this all season, which is a big change from seasons past.

I don't know if it was an effort issue or not but the Jets were uncharacteristically bad. They were making mistakes than they usually don't even in the games where they look off, they were surrendering the middle of the ice like they rarely have in the past. Games this weekend will be tough, Calgary is on a huge win streak and the Canucks have given the Jets issues this season despite the Jets winning both their games against them. hoping they can put this Wild game behind them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->