Post-Game Talk: Skating back to Winnipeg - Jets 1, Wild 4

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
What a horrific effort. The break will come in handy here.

As I often say about individual players, returning home from road trips should not always be too comfortable for certain players who have mailed it in on the ice. Tonight, you can have Trouba, Helle and PLE travel by plane. At least they got something going. The rest of the guys can do as the title suggests. Moreover, Myers and Kulikov should carry the equipment.

Never, ever repeat this gong show on the ice. Playing like that will severely shorten the upcoming postseason.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jet and sipowicz

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Absolutely terrible game by the whole Jets. None of the skaters get a free pass for this game. Really bad team effort. But seems that the boys were really gassed, so that is unfortunately how it sometimes goes with these back to back games. Real pity that the Jets couldn’t get any points from the Hawks last night. It would have definitely felt better even losing today like this, if they got even one point against the Hawks. Now this loss really stings. :(

Last edited:

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Were the Minnesota fans chanting doob or were the the Jets fans that traveled to Minnesota to watch that horrible Jet effort just booing.
lol

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Sadly this result was preordained. Don't think we will be in first place after the break, some hard games coming up gonna be a dog fight

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
After the break keep Laine and Connor away from each other and make sure to have 2 really good players on their lines to carry them. They have been totally exposed these last couple of games. Wheeler is not a Center.

Little and Ehlers the best!

Reactions: DRC

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
Jets last 2 games heading into the break like:
iQgYGMw.gif

SM

Public Enemy #1
Oct 1, 2015
MB
After the break keep Laine and Connor away from each other and make sure to have 2 really good players on their lines to carry them. They have been totally exposed these last couple of games. Wheeler is not a Center.

Let’s not forget Laine had a great game last night... but yes, today wasn’t good for either.

Reactions: DRW204

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
every game against minnisota is so boring. change the jerseys from dark green to neon pink maybe i will be able to stay awake at least. they even put the jets to sleep!!! zzzz cat nap before mcdavid beats the knights

Reactions: KB1971

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo

These kind of posts make exactly people become polarized on these boards. All of the Jets skaters played a bad game, and you go to blaming two of the youngsters and most talented players in the team, when they for sure were not any worse than the rest of the team. And then still have to praise Little and Ehlers when neither of them played a good game.

This is the type of game that at the end everyone should realize that the whole team was gassed and in general there was way too many mistakes and not enough jump to score goals. But seriously to start blaming two players after this loss, just unbelievable behaviour!

Last edited:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Looks like everyone has gone on the mandated break, Kyle Connor should get a good recharge after this break and Lowry should be back so Wheeler can go back on the wing, maybe Scheifele comes back sooner than later Helle just has to keep playing the ways he is , even the best teams lose 2 in a row just don't let it get to 5-6 in a row

Instincts

Jan 11, 2012
Bench Laine and then trade him for 3-rd and 5-th rounder, send Connor to AHL or maybe trade him for hard-working defensive talent :sarcasm:
On serious note bring back Poolman and never thought I'll say it Chiarot.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Not the best game. Thought Perreault, Connor, Armia among the regulars were just terrible in particular. 3rd line settled in a bit in 3rd but worst game in past month for all 3 (Copp Dano Armia. Ehlers was ok. Lemieix showed pretty clearly he is nowhere NHL calibre today. Roslovic had a couple spurts but needs big work on his 200 foot game yet. The less said about the D the better, most notably Morrissey, Myers, Enstrom had terrible games.

They say you lose about 20 points off save percentage playing a goalie b2b and that's about how much Helle was below his season average. Still a solid effort from him though.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Lousy game.

Trouba, Buff and Morrissey were okay on D. Myers was a tire fire. Enstrom was anemic. He's small, but he has to play with more jam or he'll get eaten alive down the stretch and in the playoffs.

Ehlers and Laine were good. Wheeler bad at C again. I liked Roslovic.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Bad game, they happen . It seems that we have hit a bit of a wall after playing so well after Chef went down.

This week will do wonders for some of the players who look like they need to recharge ala Wheeler.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
After tonight I feel like

As Buff is to @Jet and @Man75FromFinland, Connor and Laine are to me. All I see when I watch these two are constant mistakes and broken plays that I am having a very hard time looking beyond. Other than Tyler Myers no other player has frustrated me as much as these two.

These kind of post make exactly people become polarized on these boards. All of the Jets skaters played a bad game, and you go to blaming two of the youngsters and most talented players in the team, when they for sure were not any worse than the rest of the team. And then still have to praise Little and Ehlers when neither of them played a good game.

This is the type of game that at the end everyone should realize that the while team was gassed and in general there was way too many mistakes and not enough jump to score goals. But seriously to start blaming two players after this loss, just unbelievable behaviour!

Oh there's going to be about a 100 posts ripping on Little in this thread, just defending him preemptively. And nothing I said about those 2 players was wrong. Many Jets had off nights tonight, but there have been way too many games where those 2 have looked like how they did tonight.

Last edited:

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Missing our 1 and 3 center is catching up with us.
Little line is currently our best and hopefully stays together
Bottom 6 is also a bit of a mess without Tanev and Lowry. We really need the Lowry line back
Roslovic isn't ready and hopefully he gets to go back and continue his development. He's gonna be a good one though.
1st line needs a tweek for the short run - if's there's a chemistry issue on the team right now, he on this line.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Oh there's going to be about a 100 posts ripping on Little in this thread, just defending him preemptively. And nothing I said about those 2 players was wrong. Many Jets had off nights tonight, but there have been way too many games where those 2 have looked like how they did tonight.
Or maybe you are just one of those whom sees Laine in a more negative manner no matter what? To me it really seems so. Some other real Jets fans have said already that Laine was even ok tonight. I might not agree with that, as in my opinion none of the Jets skaters were ok tonight, as they all were really too tired and not even playing too smart. Well, it’s usually really difficult to play a smart game of hockey when you are tired, at least for the full 60 minutes anyway.

But I think that the real thing behind Laine polarizing people here so much is the fact that he is such a big guy and not yet at least as good at skating as Wheeler. That probably makes him really look lazy to some people’s eyes. But just think of it that with his mediocre acceleration and as an only 19 year old kid he is putting the numbers on the table. The goddamn best goalscorer for the Jets for the whole season! And not really being so bad defensively as you and some others seem to want to see it. If that would really be the case they would get seriously scored more against when he is on the ice, especially when he is playing with Wheeler as the center (Wheeler not a center, although he’s been mostly pretty ok) and a rookie Connor as the other winger. And also with defencemen like Enström and Buff behind them. Even despite that he has not been a minus player yet.

You are one of those whom is looking too much at how a player looks like on the ice. I give you a tip, dazzling looking players are not always really as good as they might look like. What matters is how efficient they are and how they can help the team to get good end results after all.

Last edited:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Agree that Lowry is missed big time. Who we miss big time, Lowry and Nickels. Didnt miss Toby. Buff I'm, did we miss him much? Not sure about that one. Mason wasn't missed, but Hutch should have been called up instead and played in the game that Comrie crapped the bed.

Reactions: sipowicz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad