skate sizing question

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Any info is greatly appreciated. I am preparing to buy a new pair of skates. My only problem is what size I need to get. I got meaured yesterday and the guy told me I'm right on the border with CCM's as far as width on D and E. I tried on both a D and E and honestly couldn't tell much of a difference. My train of thought would be to lean towards the D ,but they didn't have the exact style I was looking for. They did have it in an E. Would I be making a mistake and just going with the E's? My last skates were a little big on me and this time I want to make sure I have a better fit. Thanks:)

Hank19

Apr 11, 2005
The smaller the better. If the D's were comfy, get them. Besides, they'll naturally stretch out if they need to.

BruinBauerBoy

Jul 11, 2006
South Shore
What feels better. Which one will feel better after heat molding (if they are a model that can be heated) which one will feel better after breaking period (you will gain more space then between 1/8 to1/4 inch) How old are you will your feet flaten out as you get older? These are just a few of the questions that I ask and that run through my head wil fitting skates in our shop.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Yeha , you can always get your skates heat molded or stretched a little. So if the D feels fine, go for it and either mold them or get them stretched or punched out if you got any hot spots.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
What feels better. Which one will feel better after heat molding (if they are a model that can be heated) which one will feel better after breaking period (you will gain more space then between 1/8 to1/4 inch) How old are you will your feet flaten out as you get older? These are just a few of the questions that I ask and that run through my head wil fitting skates in our shop.
Well, I am thirty and looking at the CCM Vector ZG 4.0 which I believe can be heat molded? Thanks for the info:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad