Skate blade popped out of holder...

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
In a league game one of my dmen on my team hit the side of my skate blade with a slapshot, I didn't think it was that hard, but after the game walking to the dressing room I heard a clicking sound.

I wear Easton Mako skates (the original model).

After looking at it, I realized the blade popped out of the holder. I tried to take the side screws out, but only one screw per side would come out with the tools Easton provided.

I guess I'll have to take them to a skate shop, they needed a sharpening anyways. Any advice? I assumed they would have come off easily, but that wasn't the case.

Thanks

caseoftastykakes

Sep 26, 2015
You can use the male end of the hardware to pop the other side out. If you unscrew it but just leave a small amount threaded, then whack it with a mallet. Should pop right out

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Trust me, just let a pro do it at the skate shop, it will cost a few bucks and they know what they are doing. Not worth trying to do it yourself and messing it up.

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Got it sorted out. Somehow the screw feel out, was lost, I and found it again. Got it back on, but found a store in my area that sells Easton blades, holders, and screws if I ever need to replace anything. :) It all worked out.

Bladetek

In a league game one of my dmen on my team hit the side of my skate blade with a slapshot, I didn't think it was that hard, but after the game walking to the dressing room I heard a clicking sound.

I wear Easton Mako skates (the original model).

After looking at it, I realized the blade popped out of the holder. I tried to take the side screws out, but only one screw per side would come out with the tools Easton provided.

I guess I'll have to take them to a skate shop, they needed a sharpening anyways. Any advice? I assumed they would have come off easily, but that wasn't the case.

Thanks
The bolts typically do come loose from time to time. Your skate sharpener should check and snug those up routinely when sharpening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->