Confirmed with Link: [SJS/PHX] Raffi Torres to San Jose for 3rd [FLA's] Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanCouture

Angry Joe
Sponsor
Nov 1, 2011
Santa Rosa, CA
Let's not re-write history here. I love Raffi, but he WAS a dirty player. He has turned his act around, i like that, but it's not like he doesn't have a history. I don't want to see him throwing illegal hits.

Corrected. Since the NHL has seen fit to give him another chance and he has so far changed his play, why don't we do the same? People can change...

Don't get me wrong, I used to think he was a dirty hooker like everyone else, but so far he has been a positive force for our team.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Corrected. Since the NHL has seen fit to give him another chance and he has so far changed his play, why don't we do the same? People can change...

Don't get me wrong, I used to think he was a dirty hooker like everyone else, but so far he has been a positive force for our team.

I basically said that right after we got him.

He has been saying since the Hossa hit that he has tuned up his play style. He has talked the talk and walked the walk. He still plays physical but does not try to 'hurt' people. He has the skill and speed to be a very good tweener and has fit in really good here.

There is no doubt in my mind that he is a game changer. Hell .. I saw the Sedins coughing the puck away multiple times yesterday because they were scared (concerned .. whatever) about taking a hit from him. Plus the GW goal in OT.

He had 17 PIM's in 39 games this season. The players on our Sharks who had more PIM's than him:

Desi - 61
Havlat - 30
MEV - 29
Boyle - 27
Jumbo - 26
Wingels - 26
Stuart - 25
Burish - 25
Gutless - 24
Gomez - 22
Burns - 22

His past cannot be denied. He sure used to be 'dirty' but it does seem to me that he is trying to change his game. Sure .. small sample and what not, but atleast its a start.

I despise players like Benn, who are poor sports and go out to hurt other players if they are getting beat on the ice. Torres despite his past history has been consistent with the physicality in his play style.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Resigning Torres discussion - head to the "next season" speculation thread.

Otherwise - there's probably a thread for it, or it belongs in the GDT/post thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad