Confirmed with Link: [SJ/NSH] Sharks trade G Troy Grosenick, F Brandon Bollig to Predators for 2018 6th Rd Pick

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Right, the contract is just waiting for him to sign it.

8476331.jpg

"Coach, I don't like the idea of another guy with my name in the organization."

*contract rescinded*

Reactions: Papa Joe19

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC

Best reason I've heard. Clears out a couple of contract spots. Nash didn't do too bad with last goalie they got from SJ (Hutton).

That's kind of an odd rationale, specifically regarding Nashville. Rinne & Saros are pretty set with the Preds and in the AHL Grosenick goes from fighting with AHL all-star Bibeau for time to fighting with AHL all-star Anders Lindback for starts.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That's kind of an odd rationale, specifically regarding Nashville. Rinne & Saros are pretty set with the Preds and in the AHL Grosenick goes from fighting with AHL all-star Bibeau for time to fighting with AHL all-star Anders Lindback for starts.

Yeah. And like I've mentioned Milwaukee needs defenders...and they need them badly. They don't need forwards. So from a Nashville point of view this is really curious.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Don't question it. Take the 6th and run lol

37 others

Apr 18, 2017
Bollig was fun to watch with the Cuda, but want playing as aggressively or pest-y as he did with Stockton (which was kinda a let down) I'm kinda sad to see Grosenick go, but he's definitely been outplayed by Bibeau. I am confused though since I really don't think he has a better chance of playing with Nashville/Milwuakee.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Some of you guys must be jesting about clearing contract space. These two are about an inch up from the league minimum.

A sixth round pick is about two inches up from a bag of pucks (meaning considerations later, with a 7th round pick in-between).

KKurzNHL

Sep 1, 2013
Came across this one the other day about the awful Polak-Spaling for Raffi and 2 2nds trade. But remember, he's not a yes man for the org

I don't think Polak can play much anymore, but that trade helped the Sharks at the time. Polak was a solid guy to have against heavier teams like the Kings and Blues - and since you're being critical of me being a supposed "yes man" for DeBoer and the org., I was pretty critical of him not reducing Polak-Dillon minutes in the Stanley Cup Final. In fact, the very first question I asked him before Game 1 of the Final is if he had plans to do that, because I thought it was so obvious.

Reactions: Chaotic8

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Some of you guys must be jesting about clearing contract space. These two are about an inch up from the league minimum.

A sixth round pick is about two inches up from a bag of pucks (meaning considerations later, with a 7th round pick in-between).

Not salary. # of active contracts under the limit of 50.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Both had little to no future in the NHL, glad to see we got something for them and that DW
did TG a solid giving him a change to play more. I will always remember TGs first NHL
start and SO!

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Terrible trade!

We got no goons, we got no backup goalie for next year, OUR PETS HEADS ARE FALLING OFF!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad