Confirmed with Link: [SJ/Buf] Evander Kane to Sharks for Dan O'Regan, Cndt'l 2019 1st, Cndt'l 2020 4th

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
I like the guy though. He's a got a motor and he'll jump in front of any puck to block a shot

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
I am pretty okay with our 4th. Like let’s be real about our expectations here. Are they gonna be our highest producers in g/60? ... probably not. But they do score, and don’t really get scored on. Overall, I would expect them to end up with a positive plus/minus over the course of any playoff series. And that’s not bad. They are all responsible, hard working and willing to sacrifice to make the play. Respect for that.

Reactions: Gene Parmesan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
I like the guy though. He's a got a motor and he'll jump in front of any puck to block a shot

Karlsson's possession stats at even strength this year: -8.9 CF%rel, -11.1 FF%rel. So Karlsson's line is getting destroyed when he is on the ice. Ouch.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Karlsson has had a bad year but he still has value in the league no doubt about that. 20+ points a season in his role is pretty decent. I honestly expect him to be traded after this year because we are probably going to try to shed money (sign Tavares) and Karlsson does make 2M a year. We have enough cheap players in our prospect pool that can take up that role.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
Karlsson has had a bad year but he still has value in the league no doubt about that. 20+ points a season in his role is pretty decent. I honestly expect him to be traded after this year because we are probably going to try to shed money (sign Tavares) and Karlsson does make 2M a year. We have enough cheap players in our prospect pool that can take up that role.

Fully agree. Karlsson is having a crap year, but that doesnt wipe out the fact hes been a very functional 4th line player at minimum for a few years before that. There was a time, people on this board were fine slotting him alongside the Joes, because he was the first one to show some chemistry with them. That doesnt happen if karlsson always had years like this one.

That being said, I absolutely would trade him in an instant for cap relief, as we have a ton of 4th line forwards already on this team.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think he'd return to form if he was used differently. 57.5% of his starts are in the defensive zone. He's not a good enough defensive player or possession player to overcome that.

Reactions: JBeast

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
I heard he walked down the hall without a pass during class hours.

We don't have the clip, but he totally didn't have a hall pass.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
He seems to have a good understanding that he needed to grow up. My people are shitty when they are younger and have the benefit of not being in the spotlight.

I'm willing to bet that there are players who are heald in high regard that did dumb stuff but had the benefit og being on the pre social media era.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
I wonder if they thought continuing to pass it to Vegas was something that was going to work on the pp

Reactions: Phu
Mar 1, 2002
My two teams made deals at the deadline for two "streaky" players: Columbus got Vanek and Sharks got Kane.

When Kane is on, he is the better player, no doubt. But I've noticed the difference is when they are NOT good.

Vanek is just....invisible. You would have no idea he was on the ice. "He played 16 minutes?" But Kane....when he isn't good, he can have games where he is just BAD. He was BAD last night.

No doubt anyone would take Kane, but that the risk with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->