Six sweeps on the table still, who gets swept?

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Honestly surprised no one has said Washington. Though they'll probably win 1 in Columbus just to lose the series in front of the home crowd.
That would be classic Caps... and it isn't even the Penguins this time. I think OV puts them on his back and gets them one.
Ducks are too good to get swept . I think they win the next two.
I thought so too... but they just got obliterated 8-1 tonight.

Wtf is up with those guys? It is a team full of veteran talent and grit (they are almost as dirty as the Bruins). How the hell are they folding so hard, and with all due respect San Jose isn't a Nashville or a Tampa here.

I hope their are no sweeps; playoff hockey is supposed to be a game of inches; blowouts are no fun.

However, I do think Toronto and possibly Minnisota are the only teams down in series right now that I think have a reasonable chance of making a comeback: Toronto because the sheer amount of talent and the chance Marchand finally crosses the line and gets himself suspended... he is already walking that line. Minnisota mainly due to the fact that they are so veteran heavy and Winnipeg, although they have solid veterans has only one playoff series as the Jets and that was a sweep years ago; inexperience is always a risk, even if they are a far more talented team then the Wild.
I still wouldn't be placing any money on either the Leafs or the Wild at this point if I were a betting man, but they have the best shots I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: PunkRockLocke

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Fun fact.

Only three NHL teams have never been swept in the playoffs.

Vegas in one attempt.
Nashville in 17 attempts.
New Jersey in 44 attempts. We
Huh, neat factoid. Well, I guess the trap guaranteed at least one 1:0 victory in a series then.
I hope the leafs get swept... I enjoy a good meltdown
I hope you are enjoying Anaheim's good meltdown
Why am I not surprised that a Ducks fan is cheering for the Bruins.

Heck, Marchand is practically just Kessler with actual talent.

Reactions: cgf

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Before the playoffs started, I doubt saying the Kings, the Caps and Ducks would potentially get swept would be a well-supported opinion.
Gotta love the post season.

MapleLeafistan

Oct 5, 2017
Victoria, BC
I hope the leafs get swept... I enjoy a good meltdown

youstupid.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->