OT: Site Layout

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Oh good ignore still works.

Clicking first unread post, it does not display the top of the unread post. Maybe its my resolution.

Last edited:

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Would be nice if there was some kind of a difference between the important threads on the Trade Board and the proposals. The color system was nice, now all the prefixes look the same.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I hate this format, and its worse on my phone. I can't put the last post on top, and I have to score all the way to the bottom to post? Man the simple things....

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I hate this format, and its worse on my phone. I can't put the last post on top, and I have to score all the way to the bottom to post? Man the simple things....

You could always just hit "reply" on a random post and then delete the quoted text. It will take you down to the bottom of the page without having to scroll (at least on desktop....this change is clearly geared toward mobile).

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I like how my myspace profile link is by my pic info. Going retro...eventually myspace will come back into style :P.

Am I missing an option to mark 'a thread as read' option?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
The two-factor is a little cumbersome given that I use like 5 different devices to access the site...the joys of security.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
On the main NHL page I like to know what threads I have posted in. That used to have the little yellow arrow next to the topic, is there something similar in this new format that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
On the main NHL page I like to know what threads I have posted in. That used to have the little yellow arrow next to the topic, is there something similar in this new format that I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

We have asked the same question. Can't find it so far. I hope that comes back along with a lot of other features.

So far I'm not too jazzed about the front or back end. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and what we're seeing right now is not the finished product. They just had to do the major work before the season started and some of the tweaks/conveniences will be added incrementally. Others may not return while some new features will become prominent.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
The new mobile site has the f***ing page jump after a second just like when there were bigger ads. Except it’s all the time not just with an ad. I keep clicking the wrong thread.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
The new mobile site has the ****ing page jump after a second just like when there were bigger ads. Except it’s all the time not just with an ad. I keep clicking the wrong thread.

I keep trying to find an improvement with this "upgrade" but I honestly can not.
Playoff gifs don't even work.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
First unread post links to directly below them, scrolling up is required.

Bummer that there is no notification of new posts, forcing circa 2010 manual refreshing of the page. EDIT: Watch threads to remedy

DOUBLE EDIT: :facepalm: is back! Thanks G

Last edited:

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
FYI from admins:

Please refer complaints about ads to the Support Forum.

Complaints about ads must include the following information:

1. Location/Country
2. Device
3. Browser
4. Company/product of ad.
5. A screen shot if possible,
6. Brief description of how the ad is a problem.
7. Page/Pages affected

How to take screenshots:
Android devices - power button + vol down
iOS - power button + home screen button
Desktop - browser addons can be used with Chrome and Firefox, Moo0 Screenshot can be used with anything
Windows 10 : windows key + print screen

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well the posts themselves are looking better. Some separation and borders, not everything is 100% white. Progress.

Reactions: SniperHF

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
SLJ.gif

Reactions: RandyHolt and usiel

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I feel like there is a missing "use desktop version" link. Posts use less than a third of the width of my screen.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I feel like there is a missing "use desktop version" link. Posts use less than a third of the width of my screen.
Go to Home and toggle the right sidebar off. It's the four horizontal bar icon next to "open quick navigation" and that icon only appears there, unlike the quick navigation icon that's always present.

Reactions: RandyHolt

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I was lamenting the very small "go to first unread post" button when someone else noted you can just click on the thread title now and it does the same thing. FYI

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Go to Home and toggle the right sidebar off. It's the four horizontal bar icon next to "open quick navigation" and that icon only appears there, unlike the quick navigation icon that's always present.
This helps a lot. Thanks for the heads up.

Now, is there a way to minimize the HUGE PROFILE BLOCK on the left side of the screen? Because most of the useless white space is below each and every post, because the posting area is extended to accommodate ridiculously/unnecessarily HUGE PROFILE BLOCK.

Also, there's no effing reason to have a poster's profile photo slapped onto every thread on the main page, which--similar to the huge profile blocks alongside each individual post--create a bunch of worthless white space on the forums' main pages.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad