SI's Draft

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
If that's the way the draft ends up playing out I would prefer to see the Canucks take a falling Thomas Hickey than Brett MacLean. Even though we're loaded up with D prospects, Hickey would have to be considered the BPA at that spot.

koeltrain

Oct 27, 2005
E-town
Still some good players not taken too. I think the depth is ok actually. We'll see some damn good players here. A whole generation can't have all bad players. There's question marks, but these guys will develop.

I hope this is almost exactly what goes down. It never will be though. Trades and such will complicate it all.

Zetterberg4Captain*

From a Wings perspective, the player we pick in this makes me happy! :D

loyst21

Jun 24, 2006
Windsor, ON
this is very similar to the mock draft that i have created, but there are still some areas i still disagree with... i also dont like the comment about "after the top 3 the draft is a total crapshoot"... after about 11-12 the draft becomes a crapshoot.. has esposito really fallen to crapshoot status?

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007
Seriously, if McDonagh goes in the lower half of the first roudn , iwant my habs to trade up and get him. This guy could be GOOD one day. And we coudl statrt a tradition of having every Mr. Hockey of Minnessota...every year

friction

5-14-6-1
Nov 17, 2003
Calgary
Voracek, Sutter, and Blum Woohoooooo! I can just imagine Brent's face when we take Brandon to the dark side ;)

This mock is closest to my ideas of how the draft will go on Friday. I think they did a great job with this.

Metallian*

Dec 27, 2005
leafs wont pass on backlund for petrecki
they need forwards, not D, and are already rumored to be wanting backlund

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
That's one of the best top 10 scenarios I've seen. I posted in the other thread that I'd rather have Kings draft JVR than Voracek, but this works out as well. Although I'd rather have Caps draft Voracek than Gagner, but Gagner isn't a bad choice. I'd rather have him than Cherepanov...

Damn... the Pens could be really really scary if they add Mayorov...

PeteLaframboise

Sep 11, 2006
I think I can go get my Esposito jersey, all the mocks have him going to the Habs, no joke SI, Fox, ESPN, TSN. But you know what happen when a choice is so obvious, it doesn't happen, either somebody will jump in front & pick him or the Habs will simply take a pass.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
I garentuee that I test the theory on if my TV can fly if the Canes draft Shattenkirk and Hamill is still on the board.

I want one of Couture (he won't drop though), Hamill, or if both of them are taken Petrecki. I'd rather have Espo/McDonagh then Shattenkirk.

rocketpop

Jul 5, 2005
I bet the Blues don't draft any of those players.

As much as I wish you were wrong, I think you are dead on.

Cherepanov probably won't be there at 9.
Gillies probably won't be there at 24.
I doubt they use a 1st rounder on a 5'9 DEFENSEMAN in Katic at 26.

I'd be more than happy if the Blues walked out with Gillies and Cherepanov in the 1st round--but I don't see it happening.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

I'd be more than happy if the Blues walked out with Gillies and Cherepanov in the 1st round--but I don't see it happening.

Personally, I don't like any of the picks, and I'm not sure they fit in with Jarmo's draft philosophy either.

Tinalera

Feb 3, 2007
The Known Universe

I wonder if the blues take Katic in 2nd round? Man, if Katic were 3-4 inches taller he'd definitely be going top 30- still, he might hit a growth spurt over time.

But yeah, somewhere in Mid 2nd is where I see Katic going, some team will take a chance on his getting bigger with his puck and skating skills he already has.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

SI is actually the only USA sports organization that actually does a good job covering hockey.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Very intresting read. :)
But I disagree about Eller, first of all he is 200 lbs now. And he's not soft or smth like that.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
leafs wont pass on backlund for petrecki
they need forwards, not D, and are already rumored to be wanting backlund

A European who is said to have a lazy streak in him, that ought to get ol' Cherry fired up.:D

I really like the idea of Mayorov to the Pens. Could be a great fit.

Aliu to the Caps at 28 seems to be a trend in a few mock drafts, I know he stepped in and interpreted Russian for them at the combine and Washington has had good things to say about him because of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->