Sirius Sattelite Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
I've got a Sirius Sattelite Radio listening to games this season and was wondering why we only get a choice to listen to one broadcast for every game? For NFL games customers get a choice on wether or not they want to listen to the Home or away broadcasters (like you can on NHL.com)?

Also, when it comes to broadcasting all Canadian Games why does the sound quality drop so dramatically it sounds like they're broadcasting the radio play by play through a telephone? Tonights Canucks/Flames game is a prime example. Horrible sound compared to the rest of the channels and other NHL games.

Tress

Jul 21, 2005
Brighton, MA
Sirius only offers up so many channels for NHL PBP. Sirius' deal with the NFL is an exclusive one, and they are dedicating much more bandwidth to NFL PBP. The bandwidth issue might also be the case with your sound problem....the NHL stations don't have the bandwidth that the NFL stations have. Sirius figures that NFL PBP is more important (and on a grander scale, it is).

mzon

Feb 13, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Tress said:
Sirius only offers up so many channels for NHL PBP. Sirius' deal with the NFL is an exclusive one, and they are dedicating much more bandwidth to NFL PBP. The bandwidth issue might also be the case with your sound problem....the NHL stations don't have the bandwidth that the NFL stations have. Sirius figures that NFL PBP is more important (and on a grander scale, it is).

I have never noticed a problem with sound quality on XM. It could have something to do with Sirius' inferior equipment.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
MR. X said:
I have never noticed a problem with sound quality on XM. It could have something to do with Sirius' inferior equipment.

Well, I should note that the sound isn't a problem with other US Team broadcasts. It just seems that when Canadian broadcasts are used, the sound quality drops dramatically.

Tress

Jul 21, 2005
Brighton, MA
I've had some inconsistancy problems with my XM feeds as far as the NHL goes, but it seems like they have got that under control in some way. The worst are the Blues homegames, and the best are the Flyers home games (the ones I listen to the most). For some reason the Blues games just sound awful....but I haven't heard one in a week or so.

I don't think the equipment has much to do with it (as in the receivers that consumers have), I think it's just the feeds being translated is what causes the problems. Some feeds are better than others.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Dolemite said:
I've got a Sirius Sattelite Radio listening to games this season and was wondering why we only get a choice to listen to one broadcast for every game? For NFL games customers get a choice on wether or not they want to listen to the Home or away broadcasters (like you can on NHL.com)?

Also, when it comes to broadcasting all Canadian Games why does the sound quality drop so dramatically it sounds like they're broadcasting the radio play by play through a telephone? Tonights Canucks/Flames game is a prime example. Horrible sound compared to the rest of the channels and other NHL games.

if you have a problem with sirius reception just call 1-888-539-7474

yours could be a isolated incident but pleasse call so it can be noted and recitified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad