Sergachev
Price

for

Trouba
Roslovic
Hellebuyck
2017 1st

*edit: If Price signs an extension

This is not just intended to you JBM but a general question every time someone mentions Price with an extension. If Price signed an extension he'd be committing to the Habs and no doubt has the stature to demand and get a NMC. What agent would walk away from negotiations with a player like Price without one? If he didn't want to commit to the Habs why would he sign an extension and not just go to free agency where he could get the best possible offer and go to the destination of his choosing rather then leaving himself open to a trade to any market?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
This is not just intended to you JBM but a general question every time someone mentions Price with an extension. If Price signed an extension he'd be committing to the Habs and no doubt has the stature to demand and get a NMC. What agent would walk away from negotiations with a player like Price without one? If he didn't want to commit to the Habs why would he sign an extension and not just go to free agency where he could get the best possible offer and go to the destination of his choosing rather then leaving himself open to a trade to any market?

Agreed, this is just pie in the sky wishful thinking. Unless Price really wanted to be here (How likely is that) and forced a sign and trade here, he either signs to stay in Montreal or refuses to sign and goes to FA.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This trade would work if they did it this way.

To save time, I'd rather make an attempt to trade for Halak and have him be a tandem with Hellebuyck.

Montreal:
2nd 2017
1st and 2nd 2018 (Conditional if Price signs extension with Jets)
Connor Hellebuyck
Jack Roslovic
Nicolas Petan

Winnipeg:
Carey Price

But personally I'd rather not go after him, let him stay with Montreal.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This sounds like pure fantasy to me. My prediction is the habs most likely re-sign Price.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I'd do that deal in a heartbeat but it's one sided salary wise. I don't think we could afford it. We'd be taking them to the cleaners.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Interesting listen today on the NHL network listening to them talk about the Canadiens situation and they went in depth how a trade involving Price could look and they see only 1 team the Winnipeg Jets having what it takes to get it done.

The former analyst on HNIC was on and said he has heard sources a trade like this is no doubt in play and they spent time puting the pieces together.

Who wins this trade which they decided was the best offer on the table

MONTREAL trades

Carey Price
Shea Weber
Nathan Beaulieu
Brendan Gallagher
-17 1st round pick

WINNIPEG trades

Eric Comrie
Jacob Trouba
prospect Tucker Poolman
Nikolaj Ehlers
Andrew Copp
prospect Jack Roslovic
-17 1st round pick

Good gawd. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead :facepalm:

Price is 1 year from UFA. Price is ONE year from UFA. Price is only a single year from UFA.

Weber turns 32 before next TC starts and may carry the worst contract ever signed by an NHL player. He is under contract for $7,857,143.00 AAV - for NINE more years. Yes, the last 3 are with a salary of only 1 mil - but the cap hit! Mind you, if we throw away Trouba and Ehlers on this our cap situation won't be bad - in 1 year after Price walks.

You have to ask who would win?

They become the up and coming young team and we become ...... them! Ridiculous proposal. Were they all drunk when they came up with this?

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
So who's the former analyst from HNiC? I recall there being only one reputable analyst with insider connections, and he's far from a former analyst. Was it PJ Stock? Glen Healy? I put exactly zero stock in this rumour, because it's too bold and way too many moving parts. If there is ever a way for the Habs GM to expedite his firing, it would be trading the second most popular Habs player of recent note, and pretty much the only reason they've been a playoff threat the last seven years.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
This proposal is hot garbage, and the "analysts" that thought it up should be fired (from their jobs at minimum, into the sun as an option).

kxx

the great southern threadkill
Feb 21, 2015
Winnipeg, MO
Good gawd. :shakehead:shakehead:shakehead :facepalm:

They become the up and coming young team and we become ...... them! Ridiculous proposal. Were they all drunk when they came up with this?

This exactly. Makes me sick thinking of it to be honest. Seems like they're looking at Toronto and have a bit of jealously and are like "I don't like this team anymore I want that one now!" (rebuilding team with lots of young talent).
Also shows a lack of respect for Price in my opinion.

Anyone proposing this - If you want our whole team that much why don't you just become a Jets fan?

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
And then there's this from the main boards:

... said:
To Winnipeg:
Price + Galchenyuk + Emelin

To Montreal:
Scheifele + Perreault + Trouba + 1st

Montreal then signs Scott Darling to be their #1.

So... yeah.

(If you think the proposal proffered is funny you should see how some posters said the Jets would have to add!)

m.

Last edited by a moderator:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
That is horribad. Gain a world class goalie for 1 year, and downgrade massively at C and D, and toss in a potentially valuable first for good measure.

Once price leaves, we're left with Galchenyuk and Emelin, and a hole in our first round selection. Yeah: hell no.

Moon Man

Oct 3, 2015
And then there's this from the main boards:

So... yeah.

(If you think the proposal proffered is funny you should see how some posters said the Jets would have to add!)

m.

The proposal in the first post is just horrid for us. That quoted one is the worst I've ever seen if serious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->