Speculation: Sirius radio talk - Jets/Habs trade outlook

lakewinnipeg

Mar 27, 2017
Interesting listen today on the NHL network listening to them talk about the Canadiens situation and they went in depth how a trade involving Price could look and they see only 1 team the Winnipeg Jets having what it takes to get it done.

The former analyst on HNIC was on and said he has heard sources a trade like this is no doubt in play and they spent time puting the pieces together.

Who wins this trade which they decided was the best offer on the table

MONTREAL trades

Carey Price
Shea Weber
Nathan Beaulieu
Brendan Gallagher
-17 1st round pick

WINNIPEG trades

Eric Comrie
Jacob Trouba
prospect Tucker Poolman
Nikolaj Ehlers
Andrew Copp
prospect Jack Roslovic
-17 1st round pick

lakewinnipeg

Mar 27, 2017
funny you think that. Cause HABS fans called in and said it wouldn't do much for them. And Jets are saying the other way.

Kind of proves people do not know much about the value and game of hockey. Too many fans think too highly of their own players and coaches and management to look above and see reality of the situation.

Reason why this trade is so good because it gives both teams a huge advantage short term and long term.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Trouba and Ehlers are way too much in terms of both now and future to give up for a package with a shorter peak period.

Roslovic is going to be a dandy. I'd bet his trade value is very high right now.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
funny you think that. Cause HABS fans called in and said it wouldn't do much for them. And Jets are saying the other way.

Kind of proves people do not know much about the value and game of hockey. Too many fans think too highly of their own players and coaches and management to look above and see reality of the situation.

Reason why this trade is so good because it gives both teams a huge advantage short term and long term.

Only if Price signs an extension. He's a UFA in a year. No way any trade happens without one of those in hand first. Even then not Interested in gutting the roster for him. Nor do I want anything to do with an aging slow skating Weber.

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Lol...what's Shae Weber's deal? $7.8M until 2026?

That's a heck of a blockbuster though...

Chewmasey

Jan 28, 2013
Winnipeg
Way to many pieces moving both ways, I can't see something that big.
Forgot to add:
We win short term, I think they win long term.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Lol...what's Shae Weber's deal? $7.8M until 2026?

That's a heck of a blockbuster though...

Exactly. Can't pull the trigger on that much salary coming in without Byfuglien in it.

Trade is really bad for the Jets...and then they swap first rounders??? Lol

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan

How does it give Winnipeg anything long term? Unless you think an aging Weber on a long term contract is a positive, which it most certainly isn't. Price is a UFA in a year.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
How does it give Winnipeg anything long term? Unless you think an aging Weber on a long term contract is a positive, which it most certainly isn't. Price is a UFA in a year.

Price would need to sign an extension first.

Weezeric

Jan 27, 2015
I wonder if little, roslovic, and hellebuyck for price and galchenyuk would get it done if they can't resign price..

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
One year of Carey Price would be terrific, but not at what it would cost.

I have heard Montreal is very high on Roslovic.

Where did you hear that?

I remember at that draft that, responding to a little big of 'whoa, off-the-board pick' surprise from the rest of the panel, Sam Cosentino said he actually had the Habs taking him with the next pick, but it was never clarified whether that was just his list or inside knowledge.

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
One year of Carey Price would be terrific, but not at what it would cost.

Where did you hear that?

I remember at that draft that, responding to a little big of 'whoa, off-the-board pick' surprise from the rest of the panel, Sam Cosentino said he actually had the Habs taking him with the next pick, but it was never clarified whether that was just his list or inside knowledge.

Heard it when we drafted him

This trade might make more sense if Trouba won't re-sign.

lakewinnipeg

Mar 27, 2017
Shea Weber contract is fine. No more than Buffs contract. And he and Carey Price can play for the next 8-10 yrs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Interesting listen today on the NHL network listening to them talk about the Canadiens situation and they went in depth how a trade involving Price could look and they see only 1 team the Winnipeg Jets having what it takes to get it done.

The former analyst on HNIC was on and said he has heard sources a trade like this is no doubt in play and they spent time puting the pieces together.

Who wins this trade which they decided was the best offer on the table

MONTREAL trades

Carey Price
Shea Weber
Nathan Beaulieu
Brendan Gallagher
-17 1st round pick

WINNIPEG trades

Eric Comrie
Jacob Trouba
prospect Tucker Poolman
Nikolaj Ehlers
Andrew Copp
prospect Jack Roslovic
-17 1st round pick

Might as well buy a lottery ticket you'd have a better chance chance with 649. Not even guys on the trade board manage to come up with a 12 piece deal like it was 1975. So I guess Chevy throws away 6 years of draft and develop on a pending UFA? How about we exchange Touba for Buff and Ehlers for MP, with Price being signed long term but his agent somehow forgetting about asking for a NMC. Then we can talk.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if little, roslovic, and hellebuyck for price and galchenyuk would get it done if they can't resign price..

If the Habs can't re-sign Price that should be a pretty good indication he is going to free agency. Any deal with an unsigned Price is for a single season. A signed Price will no doubt have a full NMC and there would probable be a very small hand full of teams he would waive for.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
You think that Montreal would like to rethink that Subban Weber trade and Price is going nowhere or they will revolt in Montreal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad