- broke up with long time girlfriend
- got a job that would end up becoming a career
- got new and improved girlfriend
- graduated college
- got a dalmatian

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Dalmatian? Is it as absolute bat shit crazy as the other dalmatians I've known? My brother had 3, and 2 of them were just uncontrollable. At first, I thought it was my brother's dog raising skills, but 2 things made me think it was the breed. A good friend of mine had 1 and we had to sit for it when he got married and it was just as uncontrollable. My brother since has had many other dogs and all of them are very well behaved.

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Oh he's definitely wild but he's not bipolar and he's super sweet, loves everybody and everything. He just likes to play, play, play which when other dogs don't have that desire it can get stressful as he doesn't understand the other dog is done with him. It's much less stressful when he is able to play outside. He's also getting very good at responding to our requests and very treat motivated. As long as we properly walk him he's not bad at all. He can get a bit out of hand if you ignore him for awhile when he wants attention but doing a quick training session to get something different up in his head usually does the trick.

We'd also never leave him alone outside of a crate for a long amount of time

JCLA

Feb 23, 2017
Does he chew up and destroy things in your house? I don't know if my brother's did that, but when we sat for my friend's dog, he would just go after anything he could. Couches, coffee tables, magazines, you name it.

He's only destroyed one flip flop. He likes to put everything in his mouth though so to counter this he gets bully sticks which he really likes. If he does get something though we have to chase him around but like I said earlier, he's very treat motivated so if I pretend i'm going to give him a treat he'll drop it. Then I just get the item, relocate him to another area and use the treat to train him on staying or looking at me when called, etc.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
i've never met a dalmation that wasn't a complete bipolar wreck of an animal
Dalmatians are the dizzy blonde of the animal kingdom. Some folks are lucky and get the rare smart/trainable one. Most, however, have had most of their brainpower bred out of them.

Theys some purty dogs, but dat box o rock got mo sense.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
2009 was the worst year of my life (until last year, anyway...) so my teams really helped me out by giving me great distractions. 2008-2009 remains the only time that all three of my teams made the postseason in the same season (not counting 2005-2006 since I wasn't a Canes fan at that time). The Panthers have a solid season (despite the ending), UNC wins it all, and the Canes go on an absolutely incredible playoff run. In the midst of what I was going through, it was really nice to have those amazing games to watch. Every time I see those 2009 highlights on YouTube, it makes me want to go to a playoff game so badly. I've been waiting long enough. We've got to turn this thing around and make it next spring.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Since we last made the playoffs I:
  • Started working at a workers' comp law firm
  • Got married and honeymooned to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. The wife and I developed a taste for cruising as a result and we've now gone on 6 cruises and spent 34 days at sea.
  • Stopped working at a workers' comp law firm
  • Started working at my present job
  • My mother died and we adopted one of her cats
  • We bought a house and moved to Durham
  • Speaking of Durham, the Durham Bulls won 6 division titles, won the Governor's Cup 3 times, and the Triple-A National Championship twice, going a combined 703-588 and only posting 2 losing seasons.
  • Took and passed the NC Paralegal Certification exam
  • The HFCanes trivia team began (and continue) their reign of terror at House of Hops.

Need more brewery names though, for the poll.

In honor of W-S's former SHL and SPHL teams:

Polar Twin Brewing
Camel's Hump Brewing
Five Hole Brewing
#satin Brewing

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The last time the Canes made the playoffs...

Marvel Cinematic Universe was only 2 movies old (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk). Thor and Captain America were still 2 years away from seeing their on-screen debut in the MCU

The 6th Harry Potter movie, Half-Blood Prince, was less than a month from its opening (June 15th)

During the playoff run, Ryan Reynolds had his first version of Deadpool unveiled in X-Men Origins Wolverine, a movie so bad it effectively killed the Patrick Stewart era of the X-Men.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
The last time the Canes made the playoffs...

Marvel Cinematic Universe was only 2 movies old (Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk). Thor and Captain America were still 2 years away from seeing their on-screen debut in the MCU

The 6th Harry Potter movie, Half-Blood Prince, was less than a month from its opening (June 15th)

During the playoff run, Ryan Reynolds had his first version of Deadpool unveiled in X-Men Origins Wolverine, a movie so bad it effectively killed the Patrick Stewart era of the X-Men.

Forgot about that last part.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I didn't think that Wolverine movie was all that bad, except the Deadpool parts
It made the same mistake as the comics did in the 90's by trying to undisclose Wolverine's past, plus utterly dropping the ball with Deadpool is on par with the horrible horrible Fantastic 4 idea they stupidly let out of Doctor Doom being a hacker kid who has "Doctor Doom" as his online handle. You justifiedly can't come back from such grievously blatant misunderstanding of what you should be doing with the source material.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I miss the Thrashers for a few reasons.

1. It was an easy road trip for our team.
2. They had some cool fans who always made the trip to Raleigh.
3. We usually won at Philips Arena.
4. We had a good record overall against them, they didn't beat Carolina until their 4th season
5. Winnipeg still wasn't in the league and it made the traditionalists mad.

Shame they had such a shitty ownership group. It was bad enough they played in one of the worst major-league sports towns in the US

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad