Simon Danis-Pépin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leif

Aug 19, 2005
Seattle
Do you guys see Simon Danis-Pépin getting drafted? He just committed to UMaine and I know nothing about him besides he is big enough to play center on Maine's basketball team.

Pcommedanspablo

Jul 28, 2005
QC
Leif said:
Do you guys see Simon Danis-Pépin getting drafted? He just committed to UMaine and I know nothing about him besides he is big enough to play center on Maine's basketball team.

Was name the defencemen of the year in QMAAA this year. Would have been a top 10 pick in QMJHL draft if he wasn't going NCAA. I beleive he is a top prospect because of his huge upside, 6,6 offensive Dmen with decent skating is something all teams should look at.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Did not receive a favorable review from many who were at the Canadian U-18 evaluation camp. He was clearly not in the same league with the majority of the players there and it showed that he came from the AAA midget ranks. I hope his committment is for the fall of 06 because he will certainly need the extra year in juniors to polish his game.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
From what I've read he'll be playing a year in the EJHL before going to college.

Leif

Aug 19, 2005
Seattle
With Yandle going to Moncton Maine has apparantly convinced him to forgo juniors and come this year. And where was is obvious he didn't play major junior during the U-18 try outs? I mean someone must have liked him for he to even get invited.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Wow. It's a pretty odd move to take a raw 17 year old d-man straight out of Midget AAA hockey. he sounds like a player with interesting long term potential but he could be in over his head in this situation.

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Leif said:
where was is obvious he didn't play major junior during the U-18 try outs? I mean someone must have liked him for he to even get invited.

It was obvios from just about everyone I spoke with who was at the evaluation camp. They were all wondering why he was invited. Now let me qualify this by saying that I have never seen him play and all my information on him is second hand but the scouting report on him was not very flattering.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
Leif said:
Sweet, much appreciated.

No problem... Ive seen him play alot. He's a big kid who isn't a terrible skater.. he makes good decisions nothing spectacular.. Maine he's alot in him and I think he could turn into a pretty good defender... He could have played in the Q this year but chose to take the scholarship route.

toughstuff

Apr 6, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
VOB said:
It was obvios from just about everyone I spoke with who was at the evaluation camp. They were all wondering why he was invited. Now let me qualify this by saying that I have never seen him play and all my information on him is second hand but the scouting report on him was not very flattering.

I have seen him play on several occasions as he was a member of the Gatineau Intrepid Midget AAA team. He will be NHL caliber. He stood out in all the games I saw. He has no glaring weeknesses. He will need to get accostumed the level of play and then he will be fine.

I am a firm believer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad