Simmonds for Skinner

Would you be in favor of a Simmonds for Skinner swap?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Pretty simple one. Idea has been tossed around on the main trade forums in a few threads, curious what the Flyers faithful would say.

1 for 1, or negligible adds on either side of need be, it would you trade Simmonds for Skinner, given both are UFA at year end. I wont try to distort the opinions by displaying the stats, and will instead allow you to form your own opinion by doing your own research.

And.....GO.

Last edited:

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Skinner is a good player but I just don't think he fits here and with the pieces that are in place.

Word on the main board is Carolina thinks that they need a change because they are too easy to play against.
Call me old fashioned but I feel the same way about a Flyers team without Simmonds. A tad too soft, too small and too easy to play against.

Peacekeeper

Sep 27, 2017
Skinner is a good player but I just don't think he fits here and with the pieces that are in place.

Word on the main board is Carolina thinks that they need a change because they are too easy to play against.
Call me old fashioned but I feel the same way about a Flyers team without Simmonds. A tad too soft, too small and too easy to play against.

I thought that too at first, but then remembered we have Morin, Myers, Nak, Ratcliff, Allison coming and all have some physicality to them

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries

I would only be interested if they moved Giroux back to center.

Skinner-Couts-Vora
Lindblom-G-Neck
Frost-Patrick-Raffl
Weal-Laughton-NAK

The first to lines acting as a 1A/1B situation. Ideally with NAK being able to hold his own at 3 RW and the 3LW spot going to Frost. But they would never be that aggressive with he young guys.

I just think if G is playing LW it limits Skinners upside with us as I would really rather not play him on a line with Jake unless they were paired with Couts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Having Simmonds does not make us hard to play against.

Reactions: Starat327

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Having Simmonds does not make us hard to play against.

A healthy Wayne Simmonds is a factor in the game, no only by scoring 30 goals a season but he adds some much needed hustle and leadership.

Just look at the roles pesty skilled players like Hornquist or Marchand have played in the playoffs this year. Simmonds may be smarter and plays more contained but he is the closest to those guys that the Flyers do have in their system.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
A healthy Wayne Simmonds is a factor in the game, no only by scoring 30 goals a season but he adds some much needed hustle and leadership.

Just look at the roles pesty skilled players like Hornquist or Marchand have played in the playoffs this year. Simmonds may be smarter and plays more contained but he is the closest to those guys that the Flyers do have in their system.
Simmonds does none of that at ES. He is great on the PP, but at ES, is easily replaced.

I do this deal without much thought and they do my best to re-sign Skinner to a 4-5 year deal.

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
You should ask this question to the Canes fans. I suppose it's gonna be a nearly 100% 'No'.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I would definitely do that but the Canes are not run by HF idiots so that offer gets laughed off so fast.

Most of the Caolina fans that seemed ok with the idea - or at least the bones of it - are some of the more intelligent posters I've encountered. Production is roughly equivalent, and they would be interested in Simmond's "grit" and "leadership".

Im not saying that all canes fans are ok with this deal - just as there are some flyers fans who arent. But the idea was talked about in a few threads and i wanted to see what the people on our subforum who dont often visit the trade forum thought.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
I agree that in a vacuum you have to consider this an easy YES from the Flyers and lukewarm MAYBE from the Canes.

But there are more variables in the equation.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Skinner + Hurricanes 2nd
Simmonds + Flyers 1st

Who says no?

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016

Could be that hexy would have some interest in player like that, but with Skinner being one year away from free agency and flyers 2 years away from contending I just don't see it happening.

Reactions: flyersfan187

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Could be that hexy would have some interest in player like that, but with Skinner being one year away from free agency and flyers 2 years away from contending I just don't see it happening.

I think subconsciously, i'd be ok with it just because we're less likely to hand a contract we regret to Skinner - who plays an area easily arguable that we need (top 6 LW), than we are to Simmonds, who is a 3rd line winger on this team, and doesnt even really have a full time position on the power play anymore.

Reactions: Tripod

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I think most people would do that trade here except Hatcher lol
I would if we are bringing in Neal or Kane to take Simmonds spot. We can't take playoffs intensity already and we would get worse. We need attitude big time and we'll see hexys work pretty soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->