Silver lining

Status
Not open for further replies.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Wel, the unthinkable has hapopened. So lets look at the good points of the lockout:(Take it easy, people, its all in good humour) I also am missing 5 teams here, anybody feel free to add on!

Atlanta: Don't have to hear about the Heatly saga or Kovalchuk hotdogging

Anaheim fans: Good news is, they're going to Disneyland

Boston fans: Don't have to worry about team self destruction in first round

Calgary fans: At least the team won't suffer the "one year wonder, next year, disaster" jinx

Carolina fans: Hockey is what? Turn down that soap opera so I can hear !

Colorado fans: Forsberg's in Sweden, but it won't make a difference

Columbus: Extra time useful to invent better, less basketball esque logo

Dallas fans: Modano's dog not eating as much. Less dog doo
to shovel off lawns.

Detroit fans: No longer have to worry about Steve Y being blinded or his knee blowing out like a firestone tire(I say this with the greatest respect, I'm a huge Stevie fan)

Edmonton fans: Don't have to watch team fight for playoff spot only to miss out with one week left

Florida fans: Surf's up, dude

Los Angeles fans: Can now devote more time to watching amusong Scwarzeneggar speeches on tv

Montreal: French and English speakers can use time to fight over who has the superior language

Minnesota: Watching poker beats watching trap hockey

New Jersey: Can use extra time sending angry letters to Gretzky about the time he called them a "Mickey mouse organisation. Anaheim fans say "Whats wrong with Mickey mouse?

New York Islanders: Less hockey,Less Yashin

New York Rangers: Team not in the playoffs again, but this
time not because of woeful underperformance

Nashville: Less hockey, more Nascar
Ottawa: Daniel Alfredsson's recent haircut leaves a lot less for the fans to discuss anyways

Philedephia: Mmmm, cream cheese

Phoenix. Less Brett Hull. 'Nuff said

Pittsburgh: Not watching the Penguins is a blessing in itself

San Jose Sharks: Time to ponder merging with Ducks and call themselves the "Mighty Angel Sharks of Anaheim". Hey, it nearly happened in baseball

Tampa Bay: Hockey in June? Its just not right

Toronto: At least Sundin won't nearly impale a Canadian fan with a stick this year

Washington: One more year(at least) for Alexander Ovechkin to grow up

Season ticket holders: Can use money saved to go watch hockey in next Olympic games

Non ticket holder fans: Will see exactly as much NHL hockey as ticket holders, plus won't get heart palpitations and ulcers from watching playoffs
:thumbu:

Behn Wilson

Mar 14, 2002
Chicago, Il
Visit site
Hawks fans - Stand a good chance at drafting Crosby if the draft is based on lst years standings.

If ever a group of fans deserved a break like this, it would have to be us here in Chicago after all these years of suffering.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I forgot Blues fans: Don't have to have hopes of their team contending for a cup, only to be crushed in the early rounds every year

Canucks fans: Can rest safely knowing Cloutier won't allow a single bad goal from now till July.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
And on the bright side, Mike Danton may not have missed much hockey by the time he gets out.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Hasbro said:
I a trainwreck way I'm looking forward to Larry Brook's column and whatever Marvin Miller have to say.

I'll save you the time

Brooks: Bettman, yeah its all his fault.

Miller: Goodenow, negotiating tactics backfired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad