SIHR: May 25 & 26, 2018 Spring Meeting, Parry Sound, Ontario

aubferg

Aug 21, 2017
sihrhockey.org
May 25 & 26, 2018

SIHR (Society for International Hockey Research) members, friends and guests will convene in picturesque Parry Sound, Ontario, for the 2018 Annual General Meeting of the Society. Located 225 KM north of Toronto, the popular vacation destination is the birthplace of NHL legend Bobby Orr. The meeting will take place at the Bobby Orr Community Centre, and special guests are Bill Beagan, former NHL referee, IHL Commissioner, EHL Commissioner, IHL Toledo Goaldiggers General Manager and Commissioner of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA) as well as Dave Burrows, former Pittsburgh Penguins and Toronto Maple Leafs player.
Click here for more details

Reactions: Bear of Bad News

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Nice location & looks like a great event, couple of interesting guests in Beagan & Burrows.... who I didnt know had grown up around the Pine Point Park & Arena area, Rexdale, 401/400 area. Remember him as a player, certainly very solid defensively.

Reactions: aubferg

aubferg

Aug 21, 2017
sihrhockey.org
Nice location & looks like a great event, couple of interesting guests in Beagan & Burrows.... who I didn't know had grown up around the Pine Point Arena area, 401/400 area. Remember him as a player, certainly very solid defensively.
In addition to some interesting presentations by members, two additional prospective speakers have yet to confirm. Terry Crisp, Ron Orr (Bobby's older brother), and Rod Bloomfield (IHL player and friend of Bobby's) were other candidates from the area but for various reasons are not available as guest speakers.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
In addition to some interesting presentations by members, two additional prospective speakers have yet to confirm. Terry Crisp, Ron Orr (Bobby's older brother), and Rod Bloomfield (IHL player and friend of Bobby's) were other candidates from the area but for various reasons are not available as guest speakers.

Cool. Plus you have the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame up there which I'm sure is on most fans & historians lists of places to visit... Shores of Georgian Bay, maybe some fishing which is excellent in the area.... Few years back, werent you guys in Penetang? Far southern shore, SE & across the way, a lot of open water from Parry Sound... whomevers picking the spots... I approve. ;)

aubferg

Aug 21, 2017
sihrhockey.org
Cool. Plus you have the Bobby Orr Hall of Fame up there which I'm sure is on most fans & historians lists of places to visit... Shores of Georgian Bay, maybe some fishing which is excellent in the area.... Few years back, werent you guys in Penetang? Far southern shore, SE & across the way, a lot of open water from Parry Sound... whomevers picking the spots... I approve. ;)
And as the expression goes, the best is yet to come....this fall we will be going to Dallas as guests of the Stars for our fall SIHR meeting. Texas has a surprisingly rich hockey history. Dates are to be confirmed once the 2018/19 schedule is published. Yeap, there will be an NHL game on that agenda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad