Proposal: Signed Panarin + Bobrovsky to Florida

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
0% Panarin signs for 9.5 or less.

0% Bobrovsky signs for 8 or less. He can get 11 M in the KHL

Panarin will be 10+

Bob will start at 9.

I bet the moon that Bob doesnt fetch 8M+ longterm.

I believe Panarin could be signed at 9M/6yrs and Bob 7M/5yrs. Barkov is at 6M/yr. No way Panarin get more than 3M more

ShootIt

Nov 8, 2008
It’s not early negotiating rights. They are both guaranteed to sign in this hypothetical

Jackets fan or panthers? The reason I made it a 2020 is because it looks like Florida will miss this year

Panthers.

If the Panthers did acquire those two, and the Indian burial ground curse is broken, the Panthers should make the playoffs in 2020. So that first would be lower in value.

I only give up Huberdeau to help eat the cap hit of Panarin and allow the team to re-sign Dadonov and/or Hoffman in 2020.
Or acquire a top 4 dman somehow with picks or prospects.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
If they gave up such a significant haul for Brassard, what in the world would they be expected to pay for two players who are immeasurably better and more valuable than Brassard?

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
With the move Florida just made it seems more likely they’ll be waiting till the summer. No need for them to shell this out

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
0% Panarin signs for 9.5 or less.

0% Bobrovsky signs for 8 or less. He can get 11 M in the KHL

Panarin will be 10+

Bob will start at 9.

No he can't. Those days are over. Why do you think there's been a rash of KHL stalwarts coming over or back to the US? The KHL is cash strapped, instituting a soft cap with no overages allowed, and will have a hard cap with no star exceptions in a year or two (can't remember when its going into effect exactly).

Remember, with no florida income tax, it's like 8.5m = 11m there...so he may sign that type of deal with Fla

No. Not at all. $8.5m in Florida = about $9.25M in Ohio.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
What's the Panthers cap situation look like?

upload_2019-2-1_11-59-58.png

I'll see myself out.....

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Why would Florida give up any decent pieces when it’s pretty much a given Panarin and Bobrovsky aren’t signing in Columbus?

They also have a cap space and the tax-break advantage to be the front runners in the off-season.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
There is no such thing as a 'signed' Panarin and Bobrovsky. It is just a cheap trick used on this board to significantly inflate a players value.

Reactions: Big Daddy Cane

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Panarin is months away from free agency. If he wants to be in Florida why would the Panthers not just wait and sign him in the summer without giving up assets?

1. To not compete with other teams.
  2. To not risk his price going up further.

I'm not saying I agree with shipping out multiple top assets for even a resigned rental player, but those would be the reasons.

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I bet the moon that Bob doesnt fetch 8M+ longterm.

I believe Panarin could be signed at 9M/6yrs and Bob 7M/5yrs. Barkov is at 6M/yr. No way Panarin get more than 3M more
That's kind of splitting hairs. I think in realty UFAs of that caliber could get 10 and 8 with a new CBA and the cap increasing the way it is.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Well, FLA isn't the only team saying that about one/both of these guys.

There is zero reason for them to sign unless they really want to go to Florida long-term over other potential destinations. And if that is the case, Florida should just wait until July 1.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Remember, with no florida income tax, it's like 8.5m = 11m there...so he may sign that type of deal with Fla

No, it's not. 8.5m in Florida is like 9m and change in other states.

The no state tax thing is overblown. When guys are signing 8 and 9 figure contracts, a couple million difference in tax is low on the decision tree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad